Colonia Nebula Canyon Race - Inaugural Event

The Colonia Citizens Network events team are proud to present the colonies inaugural Canyon Race...

Event :

Colonial Racers (Event #1)

Organised and hosted by CCN Events Team Leader : CMDR Mosta

The race will be held in the Fleetcomm PG. Kamzel members will be automatically transferred to Fleetcomm 1st of september. (more info in the CCN thread)

Communication will be held on the official CCN Discord server (check the original post, Colonia Citizens Network)

Please read the Event Info Thread for general info and FAQ's

Jaques System, EOL PROU RS-T D3-94, Planet 7 A A
(Might be hard to discover without a scanner)

Gather at 43.6°/ -85.3°

Date and Time :

EU/US TIME: September 4th 3302 @ 19:00 Gametime.

AUSTRALIAN TIME: Unfortunately The australian event has to be cancelled due to lack of australian event coordinator

Rules :

Players may pick and outfit any ship, chosing only from the ships and modules availible at Jaques.

There will be 3 runs

• Each run will earn you points based on your finishing position.
  • 1st place will earn you 3 points.
  • 2nd place will earn you 2 points.
  • 3rd place will earn you 1 point.
  • The points will add up to a final high score to decide the winner.
  • If there is a draw after the third run, the competing players for the 1st place will race together in a final lap to decide the winner.

Further rules:

• No ramming
  • No weapons fire
  • Try to stay below 500 meters
  • Stick to the course
  • Take no short cuts (observers will be on hand to check!)
  • You may only compete for prizes in one of the two events, although you may participate in both (EU/US - Australian time zones)

The grand winner will get to choose a name for the recently inaugurated track!
The 3 best racers by score will earn the Colonial Badge of Merit (more info on this will follow).
Everyone participating will earn the CCN Event Badge:
0da9361b40ba3eb41e8644b0dd6f593b_13.png

Racers Route :
FpI8PrU.jpg

High res picture: http://i.imgur.com/FpI8PrU.jpg

Contact Mosta on the CCN Discord server for further questions or inqueries

Video credit: Maximillian Reach
[video=youtube;LN-z4GFIgbM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN-z4GFIgbM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
The scoreboard

The scoreboard

First place:

Commander Jadmurdoch with 6 points!

Track name of choice: Tracky McTrackface
ff5a74bab92e88172c08d4d3d8f6a963_13.png

Second place:

Commander Putin Stronk with 5 points!

a68e21834a4ad73588b6630b73d13256_13.png

Third place:

Split between Commander StationtoStation and YinYin Falcon with 2 points each!

85f1e9f4c025eaa1366ebc1b5d22ed51_13.png

Last edited:
Count me in!

Inb4 everyone else tho : Is engineer modifications an option?

I can see a scenario where one would take an existing ship and outfit it accordingly, plus some engineers modifications, then go to Jaques.
Or buy it from Jaques and do the back and forth to the historic bubble to engineer it.

Count me in!

Inb4 everyone else tho : Is engineer modifications an option?

I can see a scenario where one would take an existing ship and outfit it accordingly, plus some engineers modifications, then go to Jaques.
Or buy it from Jaques and do the back and forth to the historic bubble to engineer it.

Heheh, I was considering bringing my modded courier out ;) I will once the ship transfers are up

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Nice work Mosta, looks amazing

Sadly I won't be able to join but looking forward to following it...

Thank you! Thats a shame, I will see if I can't get anyone to record the event :)

Got a 600 m/s boosted Eagle back in the bubble, but I ain't going all the way back for it!

Jaques has a standard Eagle for sale so that'll have to do ��

Looking forward to this!

Does CCN have a livestreamer lined up to cover it?

Looks like a great course, if I can make it out there I'll check it out :cool: Good job Mosta.

Last edited:
If we are doing laps then how come the start and end don't match up?

Sorry, I'm not a native english speaker. A "lap" translates directly to a running in my language, like one run, I wasn't aware it meant to do a round on a circuit. should I change it?

Sorry, I'm not a native english speaker. A "lap" translates directly to a running in my language, like one run, I wasn't aware it meant to do a round on a circuit. should I change it?

Yes, change it to "run".. lap definitely implies a circular track .... or at least a track with no ending ! ;)

Top Bottom