Colonia On The Brink of War

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
he important thing is that the people who want Colonia to be not another bubble where the big factions are the ones dictating what you can do or not are on our side.
There's a local saying where I live. "Keep Tahoe Blue". While I am no fan of Anarchy in real life, I can see where leaving Colonia untouched, uncivilized, or Keeping Tahoe Blue and I can get behind that. Salt and all :D

I think you don't know what it's about, I think it doesn't matter why, only what is happening.

We know what it's about, CIDE made that crystal clear multiple times in one of the Colonia diplomatic channels.

Having a 2 day turn around for a ship plus some logistical considerations is not the same as to pop over to Carcosa and leave 2min later with that new shiny thing you wanted now, but not before you left for Colonia. So long carriers can't sell superpower ships the shipyard is relevant. It's also a nice place to collect mats and stuff.

But yes, emergent content. Things will change, groups will break up, but one thing is for sure the Reapers will be doing their thing to bring content to the game by helping the underdogs.

I think you don't know what it's about, I think it doesn't matter why, only what is happening. Emergent content generation is what we want, right?
That's the joke. We had months only fighting ourselves and the occasional "gank" in a conflict.
When Nato and others arrived, we had some fun with them but had no reason to go to war against them, because they share a similar view on the game.
But now with SPEAR, we get all the PvP we want. And WE are the heroes. Emergent content, well said and true.
Not a single Reaper out here who shies away from it. On the contrary, we love it (y)
Local shipyard availability doesn't matter now that Fleet carriers are in the game. Well, doesn't matter to most players I'd guess. Interesting BGS discovery, but not a negotiating point.
Generally I agree with you here, with Carrier taxi services, the need for those ships has been lessened a lot.
It's still convenient for locals to get a Fed or Alliance vessel, especially combined with Colonia's exceptional engineers all close by.
But on the other hand, The Rock doesn't have any real meaning for us as a base any more anyways, also thanks to carriers.
We have several now in the region, and a single one allows us to continue operations in the Colonia Nebula.
So even if we'd suffer a major defeat like the loss of Carcosa, it would mean nothing in the long run, except a loss for
all regular Colonia citizens, including the CIDE ones.

Gotta ask, has the war started yet?

Seeing a lot of preamble but not many reports of smouldering wrecks and stretching of skin across ship bows.

Some of our members helped out with

Yeah some of your members did other stuff though, right?

I don't think there are any innocent parties here, and I think there are some in this thread just goading spear & other groups. It does not endear me towards those people, particularly if those people are so supporting of the same basic tactics used by black hats.

Claiming innocence seems weak to me. I got blown up the other day while delivering cargo in a shieldless Cutter. I took a risk because the stakes were high (I was trying to avoid a war) and I did 4 runs without being caught, on the 5th an NPC T-9 was stuck in the slot & I couldn't get out of mass lock & jump before I got popped. 45m rebuy plus whatever 792t of Tritium costs. I sent the aggressor a friend request with a "GG, Bloody T-9 ;)" and chatted for a bit about their ship & why I was delivering gthe cargo. Then did 2 more runs in the same ship, taking that same risk again. No salt required.

Yeah some of your members did other stuff though, right?

I don't think there are any innocent parties here, and I think there are some in this thread just goading spear & other groups. It does not endear me towards those people, particularly if those people are so supporting of the same basic tactics used by black hats.

Claiming innocence seems weak to me. I got blown up the other day while delivering cargo in a shieldless Cutter. I took a risk because the stakes were high (I was trying to avoid a war) and I did 4 runs without being caught, on the 5th an NPC T-9 was stuck in the slot & I couldn't get out of mass lock & jump before I got popped. 45m rebuy plus whatever 792t of Tritium costs. I sent the aggressor a friend request with a "GG, Bloody T-9 ;)" and chatted for a bit about their ship & why I was delivering gthe cargo. Then did 2 more runs in the same ship, taking that same risk again. No salt required.
Most of us are far from innocent. But believe it or not, some of us are, and even they got attacked purely for squadron membership.
And I'm not even talking about the game's framework, which has a crime/notoriety system, if you like it or not.
If people blow me up, me being clean, and having no notoriety, you can damn well be sure I won't let them get the moral high ground.
THEY are the gankers in this context. Is it their right to do it, to play as they want? Sure go for it.
But they should get off their high horse and admit they are every bit a ganker as we are, sometimes even more (premium ammo, 4to1 etc.)

Gotta ask, has the war started yet?

Seeing a lot of preamble but not many reports of smouldering wrecks and stretching of skin across ship bows.

The war is going on since 6+months now. Right now there is an active war in Hep if you want to fight. Civitas Dei are the system controllers and the ones trying to eliminate the Reapers. The Reapers support Colonia Coorperative so that they can have a system outside of the bgs locked Ratraii, plus it takes some nice BH-spots away from Civitas Dei.
Choose the side you want to fight for and have fun.

Then you got a more level-headed opposition than us, good for you. My friend requests with CIDE members always got denied:cry:. One even came to Carcosa to talk smack and declined the friends request from Corky to get instanced together.

Most of us are far from innocent. But believe it or not, some of us are, and even they got attacked purely for squadron membership.

Right. I did cover this. Maybe the ones that did the deeds should consider the reputation by association of their allies then? Seems like the more level headed thing to do. I have 'innocent' friends that get attacked because they are known to be friends of mine. They understand the risk of associating with me, or letting it be known that they do.

So.

Enjoy the attention, accept the consequences, and fight to the last, as I wrote in my first post in this thread. There is no need for any goading of spear, they are just playing the game their own way, for their own reasons, just like the rest of us.

Something I remember Morbad saying about ganking once: If I'm going to start a fight I'll make sure it's one I can win. I don't always follow that sage advice, but I see nothing wrong with Spear doing it :)

You don't need to, just bring ships & modules with you on your fleet carrier ;)

ETA or travel to a system in the bubble to buy one & travel back :)

Check your privledge. Not everyone wants or has the time to get a fleet carrier. Never mind the silliness of jumping Federal and Alliance ships one by one to Colonia. Sorry, but you're just an old timer pulling out Marie Antionette's line about cake.

People are still coming to Carcosa and buying ships. You're really suggesting we just tell them, "lmao git gud eat cake?"

Everybody coming to help CIDE can wear the millstone that they're supporting an imperialist and expansionist power that will happily deprive a community of easy access to hard-to-find ships. They already removed the iEagle from the shipyards in Earth Expeditionary Fleet. No reason to say they'd not deprive people of access to the Alliance and Federal vessels in the Robardin Rock shipyard, if given the chance.
From a historical perspective, the Nameless
  • showed up with a significant amount of untraceable funding
  • tried to overthrow the Council in a military coup
  • played a major and aggressive part in Colonia's Third (and to date largest) regional conflict
  • are now hawking the benefits of Federal and Alliance corporatism relentlessly
What's the next step? Widen the scope and ferocity of conflict so that Hudson feels obliged, regretfully, to step in and restore order and protect lives ... and of course a Federal Corporation in charge of Colonia Hub would provide even more convenient access to Core Dynamics' latest designs. After Witch Head, maybe Congress won't be too picky about which nebula is Federal Red. Or maybe it's Mahon, and he gets a second Green jewel? (The Emperor? The Emperor has her own more subtle ways of showing apparent benevolence to the region. That too must be monitored.)

Now of course, there's no proof of any of that, you wouldn't admit to receiving Hudson's credits if you were, and even if it was all true having the superpowers' machinations in public is arguably preferably to the alternatives. But bribing us with glorified housebricks is perhaps not the selling point you think it is, for those of us with longer memories.

Things we would be doing if CIDE sat down and made peace with us:

• Finish getting the engineers squared away and all G5'd.
  • Set up a PVP hub in Carcosa or a little ways off thanks to carriers in our fleet.
  • Working with the other player factions to try and unify the disparate factions and make an effort to create a Colonia Republic. Maybe Colonia's colors aren't red, green, or blue - maybe it's yellow. And maybe it's not just a bunch of proxies for the bubble powers vying for control of the frontier.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom