Colonia On The Brink of War

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
  • Working with the other player factions to try and unify the disparate factions and make an effort to create a Colonia Republic. Maybe Colonia's colors aren't red, green, or blue - maybe it's yellow. And maybe it's not just a bunch of proxies for the bubble powers vying for control of the frontier.
It's never been a bunch of proxies for the bubble powers, though.

• Arguably just five of the CEI factions have any connection to a superpower, and one of those explicitly in the sense of "getting away from" (3 Imp, 2 Fed). The region has always been absolutely independent.
  • Only four of the CEI factions are associated with a bubble faction controlling 50 or more systems ... goes up to nine if you set the cut-off to 40 systems. (And I guess you can count an extra one if you count all of Galcop's bubble members as if they were a single faction there, too ... and another one if you count both SEPP and CdH together for Explorers' Nation) The vast majority of the big players in bubble politics ... basically ignored the whole thing.
  • On the other side, the CEI faction which hauled the most travel guides (by a substantial margin) ... had no bubble presence at all at the time
  • Sixteen of the CEI factions in total had no bubble counterpart ... and a seventeenth has so little bubble-side territory (none) that it would be absurd to describe the Colonia faction as a proxy for it, even if you think that an accurate characterisation of the rest.
  • Even many the ones with major bubble holdings as well, the primary nebula personnel are often near-permanent residents of the region who have demonstrated over the years their commitment to the region. If they're proxies for a bubble power, Loren's Reapers equally are.
  • I think at least three of the CEI/CEI-adjacent factions original to Colonia do have quite successful bubble proxies, but those came later

As for a Colonia Republic, there's never been a desire for the level of centralisation (even on a non-hierarchical basis) such a thing would require - something an anarchist can presumably sympathise with - but having fought or hauled or mined alongside members of pretty much every group in the nebula - faction-associated or otherwise - when there was a job that needed doing, there doesn't need to be one. Jaques' founded the region on Cooperative ideals when it was just him and his crew adrift in a dying station, after all.

Arguably just five of the CEI factions have any connection to a superpower, and one of those explicitly in the sense of "getting away from" (3 Imp, 2 Fed). The region has always been absolutely independent.
  • Only four of the CEI factions are associated with a bubble faction controlling 50 or more systems ... goes up to nine if you set the cut-off to 40 systems. (And I guess you can count an extra one if you count all of Galcop's bubble members as if they were a single faction there, too ... and another one if you count both SEPP and CdH together for Explorers' Nation) The vast majority of the big players in bubble politics ... basically ignored the whole thing.
  • On the other side, the CEI faction which hauled the most travel guides (by a substantial margin) ... had no bubble presence at all at the time
  • Sixteen of the CEI factions in total had no bubble counterpart ... and a seventeenth has so little bubble-side territory (none) that it would be absurd to describe the Colonia faction as a proxy for it, even if you think that an accurate characterisation of the rest.
  • Even many the ones with major bubble holdings as well, the primary nebula personnel are often near-permanent residents of the region who have demonstrated over the years their commitment to the region. If they're proxies for a bubble power, Loren's Reapers equally are.
  • I think at least three of the CEI/CEI-adjacent factions original to Colonia do have quite successful bubble proxies, but those came later

Lovely history lesson, but here's the thing: Who is active in Colonia right now? Looks like CIDE and Likedeeler to me. Are there any other groups bigger or more powerful than them? Now check out the following.

Civitas Dei's Bubble BGS: https://inara.cz/galaxy-minorfaction/7152/ Squad has over 1000 members listed on Inara.

Likedeeler's Bubble BGS: https://inara.cz/galaxy-minorfaction/34477/ Squad has nearly 500 listed on Inara.

Considering all this, plus the significant forces Civitas has brought up, seems like Isaiah was spot on.

As far Loren's Reapers being a proxy for a Bubble power... all we share with Loren's Legion these days is a single word. You're gonna have to do better than that.

Well! That was unexpected, indeed!

Had some fun with SPEAR today. Lasted for quite a while dodging between their... what was it... eight or more pilots? They got me though. Fair play to them. Good game and all that.

There was some conversation after where it's clear they're not going to leave Colonia until I've suffered as many rebuys as I've inflicted. For the record, that's a lot. So, I'm back in the Bubble now.

What? You thought I'd make it easy? Nah.

So what's been going on in Deciat lately?

Well! That was unexpected, indeed!

Had some fun with SPEAR today. Lasted for quite a while dodging between their... what was it... eight or more pilots? They got me though. Fair play to them. Good game and all that.

There was some conversation after where it's clear they're not going to leave Colonia until I've suffered as many rebuys as I've inflicted. For the record, that's a lot. So, I'm back in the Bubble now.

What? You thought I'd make it easy? Nah.

So what's been going on in Deciat lately?
Enjoy your bubble holiday - I'll hide the Hob Nobs ready for your return (y)

completion state of the campaign
1596319155861.png

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom