Colonia On The Brink of War

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
One of the core philosophies of anarchism is the idea that I rule no one and no one rules me. Part of criticizing SPEAR comes from that.

It depends on what definition of anarchy is used. The philosophical concepts of anarchism are nice, but I fear that the majority only sees anarchism as a situation in wich all rules - no matter if they come from an hierarchy or are collectively agreed upon - are abandoned and the powerful can oppress everybody else and violence is everywhere.

That said, the „I rule no one“ is the tricky part of anarchism. It requires a very rigid personal moral codex, the ability to understand long term effects of actions, consequences and a common understanding to make the society better.
In short, in most cases anarchism is a nice utopian ideology that, like so many other nice ideas, fails the moment it gets into contact with more than one human.
To get anarchism to work compromises have to be made, the pure concept gets watered down and you end with a democracy, laws, a hierarchy and all the stuff that is required to get humans to behave in a way that is good for them.

By the way very similar to the „do as thou wilt, it shall be the whole of the law“ from A. Crowley - the tricky part here is to know what you want (really want).

An other nice concept that doesn‘t work are soviet republics. As I said, in the end democracy is the worst concept, but the only on that works.

Dear Phisto, your favorite enforcer-team like to congrat you for the longest high-wake ever!

We ❤ U for this form of 22k ly social-distancing 😘 love you,View attachment 182602
Wow imagine wasting 2 days of jumping a carrier to the middle of nowhere for the purpose of targeted harassment, and then after 1 kill, he makes your entire trip a waste. And imagine being dense enough to try to gloat about it! LOLOL!

Excellently played, Phisto. Gank of the year right there! For the cost of a forum post and a rebuy, you ganked 16+ hours of gameplay from these trolls.

Wow imagine wasting 2 days of jumping a carrier to the middle of nowhere for the purpose of targeted harassment, and then after 1 kill, he makes your entire trip a waste. And imagine being dense enough to try to gloat about it! LOLOL!

Excellently played, Phisto. Gank of the year right there! For the cost of a forum post and a rebuy, you ganked 16+ hours of gameplay from these trolls.
I never looked at it like that

This topic has actually inspired me.

I'm going to be mildly cretinous to a sensitive group of personages and see how far I can get them to follow me in real life for rewenge.

I don't think I've got 22k light years in me but we'll see. I'll do it for science.
One would hope that nobody would take it to real life. Some people have done that in this game, but none of the people in question right now, that I'm aware of.

The best part for them is that they have to fly back.

So in theory they'll have gone 44k ly for one kill, all because they got mad at Phisto for forum talk.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom