Colonia On The Brink of War

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well! That was unexpected, indeed!

Had some fun with SPEAR today. Lasted for quite a while dodging between their... what was it... eight or more pilots? They got me though. Fair play to them. Good game and all that.

There was some conversation after where it's clear they're not going to leave Colonia until I've suffered as many rebuys as I've inflicted. For the record, that's a lot. So, I'm back in the Bubble now.

What? You thought I'd make it easy? Nah.

So what's been going on in Deciat lately?
If you have a screenshot of that, you could think of sending it to fdev if SPEAR starts to get annoying. That's probably the most clear cut violation of the ToS that I've read in a while here.

Whats the current state of Tritium in Colonia?
shelves.jpg

I think everybody they killed beside Phisto has a clean sheet even on their weird bot. I really want to see the spreadsheet, Akuma has to have a spreadsheet, which justifies taking 2 carriers all the way to Colonia and declare that the Reaper's are a ganker squadron. Good thing I have the whole 2 something hours on video, everybody can see who the real griefers are. Lot's of ToS violations too.

I can understand the "Your whole squadron is guilty" argument, while I was being a Pirate I held back from joining Lorens Legion because I didn't want to pull people over and maybe kill them while wearing LORE tags and cause allsorts of upset intergroup political nonsense.

Now I've retired and become a legitimate mining/ Rare goods trading business man I feel a little sad Lorens Reapers associate with Gankers & Pirates and i'm worried joining would besmirch my good name and make me a target of SPEAR and any other misguided groups.

I for one support SPEAR and hope their campaign to rid the nebula of Gankers is succesful. I imagine they will have to do some mining first. Then they can rid the nebula of two full carriers worth of Gankers in one go.

I know Fuego has a mining ship because I think i tried to rob him last time i was there.

I think everybody they killed beside Phisto has a clean sheet even on their weird bot. I really want to see the spreadsheet, Akuma has to have a spreadsheet, which justifies taking 2 carriers all the way to Colonia and declare that the Reaper's are a ganker squadron. Good thing I have the whole 2 something hours on video, everybody can see who the real griefers are. Lot's of ToS violations too.
Well, you all know me - the absolute antithesis of 'ganker' but still interdicted, in a shieldless and weaponless ship, and blown up by SPEAR in Carcosa (my main account, not this one), after being KWS (which would only ever show clean!) by the wing... As I'm saving up for my own FC I could only give then the pleasure of a 5k rebuy, sorry guys... But the ship I'm flitting about in now does have guns & a shield, and the rebuy is at least double the previous one - still clean...

I for one support SPEAR and hope their campaign to rid the nebula of Gankers is succesful. I imagine they will have to do some mining first. Then they can rid the nebula of two full carriers worth of Gankers in one go.
I offered Tritium mining services to another group quite willingly... Sadly I don't think I'll be making the same offer to a group who make it clear that clean ships belonging to a particular squadron are 'criminals' by association...

Lovely history lesson, but here's the thing: Who is active in Colonia right now? Looks like CIDE and Likedeeler to me. Are there any other groups bigger or more powerful than them? Now check out the following.
It's difficult for me to discuss power levels in specifics without reliance on information I consider confidential (such as which groups' ships I've seen where), but even solely based on public data...

Likedeeler just lost an exciting invasion fight for Kinesi to ICU Colonial Corps, if you want a recent public relative power measure there.

SECD's current activity and membership level is of course affected by a certain conflict causing them to call in reinforcements from their allies in the bubble ... but, well, so is yours. Always happens in an active conflict, just as there were a lot more Ed's 38 and RSG and Simbad ships around last month. Is an E38/RSG alliance about to steamroll over the nebula? Well, no. They just want their biscuits to be safe, and now they are they'll probably get back to eating them.

Likedeeler and SECD between them control five systems out of seventy in the region, which can hardly be said to be dominance. (ICU and Galcop are both that big on their own, remember)

That not every group feels the need to demonstrate its power on a daily basis doesn't mean it doesn't have it. (A mistake made by a few would-be conquerors out here before)

As far Loren's Reapers being a proxy for a Bubble power... all we share with Loren's Legion these days is a single word. You're gonna have to do better than that.
That was, entirely, my point. You're about as much a proxy for the Legion as - say - Galcop CDC is a proxy for the Diamond Frogs.

As you've noticed, Colonia is a great place to be and encourages people to stay and commit to it.

For me the whole situation in Carcosa is great fun, I'm flitting about in a ship that can be destroyed 300 times and be paid for by a single data courier mission. It actually makes a pleasant change from just doing mission work to be able to jump to SC from the station into potential 'threat'...

It is also hilarious to look at the situation here, and (allegedly) why a group should choose to come out from the bubble to a little backwater system to provide a distraction to the locals. Don't go back yet folks, I've still got a lot of space on my video SSD to fill :)

ETA: I forgot... Yes, I'm taking the mickey in previous posts, but in a good-natured way...

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
For the record, Loren's Reapers does not endorse or condone the senseless murder that one of our members is currently engaged in.

However. We will not be sending our fleet 22,000 lightyears to stop him.

SPEAR, on the other hand, has demonstrated such resolve before and I'm sure they'll happily do so once again.
Wouldn't it make sense for them to open up their carriers for all pilots to allow others to hitch a ride if this is going to be a regular thing:p and a time table please so one can plan ahead... Although Phisto announcing when he moves between Bubble and Colonia is probably good enough...

In short, in most cases anarchism is a nice utopian ideology that, like so many other nice ideas, fails the moment it gets into contact with more than one human.

a llittle more than that. about 50 indivduals is said to be group size our biology has evolved to manage. anything over that is uncharted territory, and we've spent the last few thousands of years learning how to navigate that and mostly failing, but still progressing and growing, at least in numbers. which brings me to the crazy idea that human civilization has in fact always been managed by no more than 50 individuals at a time.

An other nice concept that doesn‘t work are soviet republics. As I said, in the end democracy is the worst concept, but the only on that works.

yet democracy is thousands of years old but all instances of it past and present combined, including athens, is a mere few centuries of our recorded history. what, a 1%?

tracing back to hunter gatherers, humanity has spent most of his time by far in anarchy, and here we are.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom