Colonia or Bubble to 'Git Gud'

On a related note, I tried the "try and get schwacked " thing during the exploration CG a few weeks ago. I kitted out an AspX and for battle and trolled around. Got a few bites but as soon as I returned fire and my shields held and there's didn't, they executed a hasty Brave Sir Robin. One guy lined up behind me and I was sure he was going to pull me....I waited a second and then got a direct message. "LMAO, CMDR...nice loadout for an exploration ship. Anybody fall for it?" I responded "A few." He responded, "You've got stones, fly dangerous!" and banked away.
I printed this out and put it on the nightstand.
I read it every night before I go to bed so that I have sweet dreams.

I got ganked! Yay! Such excitement.... Having not found much going on I checked out Kamadhenu, where I will need to go for my Imperial Hammers.

Anyhow I jumped in and got interdicted by a Fer de Lance, this was fine, I put four pips to shields and his attack did nothing. However, when his three friends jumped in and opened up it was time for a high wake!

Not much practice for combat but quite exciting nevertheless, the adventures continue!

Interdicted by Cmdr Tigerpunchturk in a Chieftain, right as we dropped into normal space my Internet connection dropped! He must have thought I combat logged! Luckily it came back on straight away so fight was on!

Sadly after some back and forth he dropped my shields, I mostly missed or couldn't line up shots. He then put about 3km distance and sniped my modules... sad times and rebuy!

From the PvP crew what to do in such a situation? Shields down and being module sniped, what tactics would work? Simply try to keep moving until the shields come back?

Anyhow, starting to find combat and glad he was on his own, I'll always fight a single pilot but not if they have friends

OK, dumped again! This time Cmdr Ellerimkirli, sniped out my PP so although I was in OK state-ish otherwise it was game over! Now wondering if more module reinforcement might be in order? At the minute I have a c5 and a c2, I had hoped that would be enough?

Did a bit better this time and landed several hits with my PA's which is an improvement! This could be an uphill struggle I think!

Those two aren't the worst out there, quite contrary ;)
If you already have two MRPs you should generally be ok.
If enemies are only reverskiing and snipe out your pp, without them offering a fight, I'd highwake out.
No fun in that. Legit, but no fun.

Well, Shinrarta is an absolute hive of scum and villainy! Still, I'm getting lots of practice, even though many of the fights don't last very long! Although I am getting a little better, only a little...

Following the tactic of high waking when they resort to long range sniping. Luckily I'm now quite good at leaving when needed!

You want to look for traffic so the bubble it is. Think about joining a PvP group too.

I'm here in Shinrarta getting my rear handed to me, sometimes doing better, sometimes not laying a glove on them (it is good fun but after I spent cr 110 million I nipped off to gather a few Void Opals to keep topped up), do you know any good PvP groups for a noob to PvP like me?

I'm here in Shinrarta getting my rear handed to me, sometimes doing better, sometimes not laying a glove on them (it is good fun but after I spent cr 110 million I nipped off to gather a few Void Opals to keep topped up), do you know any good PvP groups for a noob to PvP like me?
I know a group in Carcosa :sneaky:

There are a few.
Prism
Warriors of Wyrd
Smiling Dog Crew
Spear (lawful)
Gard
BDSM
Chaotic Good Initative
Galactic Gank Initative

A bunch of powerplay related groups that do pvp as well, like the group I'm part of.

I've got well over two billion credits in ships and modules tucked away at Carcosa, I'll be back in about two weeks when I get my Imperial Hammers!

Just looking for some people around my standard or alternatively some who will give me a few tips.

The gankers are certainly giving me lots of combat, I had 11 battles yesterday. Lost them all! But the experience is making me better, I think!

If nothing else I can now basically guarantee being able to escape if I wish (in practice I'll only really run if they snipe me from range, otherwise it's rebuy time!) . By practicing against groups of four or five FDLs you do learn to bravely run away sharpish!

So far I dropped one Cmdr to 60% before my inevitable respawn at Jameson, that's the record at the moment!

As a measure of my expectations I have had a huge victory!

Well, sort of, I had a duel with Cmdr Dukeonsteriods who has a most annoying Diamond Back, I thought those bloody FDL's had problems sitting still....

Anyhow with my hull at about 35% and his at 65% he called GG as he had run out of ammo! Fair to say he had peppered my poor old Krait with lead but I docked and repaired without running away or a rebuy.

A legitimate draw, at least I'll claim it as such! The fact he certainly would have won if he had more ammo is not relevant!

Our team photos are liiiiiiiiiiit.

the-sandlot-1522935090.jpg

I think I'm getting known to the gankers, I haven't been brutally attacked in ages! I'm now trying to check out the ecce combat thing but otherwise might head back to Colonia, with any luck a tragic war will break out there!

I think I'm getting known to the gankers, I haven't been brutally attacked in ages! I'm now trying to check out the ecce combat thing but otherwise might head back to Colonia, with any luck a tragic war will break out there!
Thats what is usual, if you fight back they see you' re too tough, and get afraid of you. So they will never attack you again.
At least that's what them PvErs tell me here :LOL:

Top Bottom