Colonia or Bubble to 'Git Gud'

The time has come, I have lost patience and decided to adopt a life of crime. I fear I shall be detained more than once.

Once I've been detained four times I'll have learnt my lesson and revert to my normal, law abiding ways back in Carcosa - see you all there!

law abiding ways back in Carcosa
wat-wat-wat-memecenter-com-emedenter-27681375.png

When one wat is not enough 😂

It's not like I even put up that much of a fight! I still haven't actually had a win! I thought open was supposed to be gank Central? Do they only attack Asp's and Type 7's? That must be boring!

Nah once you've shown your face a fair few times you start to garner respect, most PvPers will be happy to have anther player joining the circuit.

There comes a point where players start to get less guff coz they are obviously trying to learn, people don't turn thier nose up at that unless said player is a salty bean or a gobby fool.

Nah once you've shown your face a fair few times you start to garner respect, most PvPers will be happy to have anther player joining the circuit.

There comes a point where players start to get less guff coz they are obviously trying to learn, people don't turn thier nose up at that unless said player is a salty bean or a gobby fool.

No judgement made on anyone, my personal experience was that the combat dried up fairly quickly. Occasionally I when I asked people for a 1v1 it would happen but mostly I got combat when I got attacked.

Previously I had thought that open play was nothing more than a load of gankers blowing people apart. There certainly is an element of this but in practice I didn't get ganked that much.

I would always try to send off a 'well done' comment or 'ti's only a flesh wound!' before my ship blew up. Actually most people had a friendly chat back. But in any event the combat did stop so I thought the time had come to return to my home stomping grounds.

In Colonia I found I have a variety of things to do and can find combat when I want it, generally at least. Simply put I have mostly based my game there and with all my ships and stuff there I now think I have few reasons to go to the bubble. All that being said I will go get my Hammers at some point, but that can be done whenever.

You should also consider that a lot of experienced pvper dont value 1v1 a lot, even more with people they don't know as there is many ways to turn a 1v1 into a stupid thing (reverski, damage trade against hp boat etc...). They want wing fights.

Not sure about that, sure noone wants to fight a stat based build or a reversi pilot, but 1v1's are still done by a fair majority, just too many people using cheap and easy tactics so I think people have been put off it.

The conclusion to all this is... Know when you've got a great squadron in Colonia, they'll happily shoot at you for simple amusement!

After much testing I now have a Krait mk2, Chieftain, Challenger and Mamba all A rated, all G5 engineered and ready to go. At the moment my preference is:

Mamba
Krait
Challenger
Chieftain

More testing required to be sure of the batting order! You'll note the lack of FDL which I find results in me being blown up quite quickly. I'm guessing this may be my play style, or maybe my mindset that seems predisposed to reject the meta!?

I'm at the moment often in or at least near Shinrarta and have recently developed a slight addiction to the vulture, so if you are looking for duels or whatever, add me in game (same name).

Last edited:
I would do, but I'm now back in Colonia. If you ever feel like a change of scenary come and check out Carcosa.

Outfitting is much better now, all my ships can be bought and A rated in Colonia region. Although some of the engineering cannot be made G5 for everything most things that matter are, or at least G4, like Distributors, for example.

Keep on coming! We'll be here! Got to be said if you keep doing to actually explore the trip to Colonia can be a real money spinner!

For a quick way I take the prison taxi, it cuts off a good chunk of time

Top Bottom