Guide / Tutorial Colonia Prison Taxi : 12.5k LY to Colonia

Part of the Prison Taxi fails to go beyond Eagle Sector. I tried dying there 4 times and all I get is Eagle Sector (Ground Hog Day).

I will press on ahead via NH and report back.

Maybe Fdevs Nerfed it or I am dying incorrectly. :)

Part of the Prison Taxi fails to go beyond Eagle Sector. I tried dying there 4 times and all I get is Eagle Sector (Ground Hog Day).

I will press on ahead via NH and report back.

Maybe Fdevs Nerfed it or I am dying incorrectly. :)
Finally got around to checking this :)

The Eagle Sector Secure Facility has been taken over by the Inmates - who are an Anarchy faction - so no Fines, no Bounties and no Prison. Updated the route to use the nearby Eagle Sector IR-W d1-117 Eagle's Landing - which works fine (y)

Thanks!

Probably broken by Anarchists now - if anyone finds it working pls post :)

Lol I was just doing this and pad loitering at Amundsen gets you a bounty from Colonia Council (I was already friendly with them) and it somehow unlocked the invitation for Baltanos.
yeah, if you already have the required status then anything that changes it slightly will make the game notice it - even negative things it seems :)

Updated the OP to remove the 'this is broken' warning (as Momatty says it is ok), and also adding in the CB-20 / Eagle Landing alternative. I should really also look and see if the other m/s can further optimise - maybe later :)

Looks like the Colonia Bridge has indeed changed the optimum route - the first two suicide points should now be:

• Smojue PZ-R c4-5 : CB-8 Tamandua
  • Plaa Aescs QD-T c3-28 : CB-21 Ragnar's Rest

As the middle of the bridge is missing it then reverts the the existing route. This should bring the total travelled distance down to 11879 (Sol -> Colonia). Hopefully once the bridge is complete this will be even shorter - will probably test at that point.

I haven't tested this! I wouldn't try it unless you like unexpected stuff to happen - the existing route in the OP is still the tested one (y)

Edit: And just realised - the theoretical best distance for the Prison Taxis is around 11k (it can only ever save half the distance), so it seems we are actually getting close to a near optimum taxi route :)

Last edited:
Umm, so apparently the Prison Taxi is fast as well as convenient - who knew :)

Updated the last leg in the OP to use CB-50 in Eoch Flyuae ZU-Y b17-16 - not tested but should bring the distance down to 12.5K Ly to Colonia. Now we just need the Phase 3 bases to see if they can improve it further :)

Did the last stage yesterday via CB-50. Shot* a Sidewinder at the navigation buoy and got a bounty. Docked and then enjoyed the class 42A Frameshiftinstadrive of the Prison Taxi.

Thank you all for this Guide 🙏🏼👍🏼

(* because of immersion ☺️ my exploration ships are always fully armed. Now there's a real reason!)

Top Bottom