Combat corvette build advice

Just wondering if I should change my build or not for my combat corvette, I have gimballed everything. 4 multis grade 5 with 2 huge overcharged, one with auto loader and the other corrosive high cap and the smalls are the same having overcharged and autoloader. The mediums and large I have grade 5 beams with vents. Just unlocked packhounds and switched the two mediums for them with for now grade 3 engineered capacity.

And for using the packhounds should I put the multis and only 2 beams on one fire group with the packhounds separate? Don’t know how good it will be with having the multis and lasers now firing at the same time to take shields down so I can use the missiles.

I think the beams will empty your distro fast. When that happens you can not fire the low energy weapons (MC) anymore if they are in the same group.

Time for testing!

Overcharged pulse are better than efficient beams. I use those on the C4, with multis on the rest. You can put pulse on the rest and the WEP will still recharge while you're firing them all. The C4 pulse drain the capacitor very slowly, far slower than the efficient beams I had.
This is all PVE of course; you can fit pretty much anything you like. PvP is a different story

Yes all those beams will drain your distributor and also heat you up like a pop tart. Packhorse also generate alot of heat when firing large salvos.
On my cutter I use 4 x efficient beams. 1x large rapid fire multi and 2 packhounds.
It soon gets toasty while firing which if not managed can damage your modules.
On the vette if u want those types of weapons I'd say go with 2x c4 multis, 2x packhounds and the rest smaller beams but efficient mods not over charged

I could probably switch my small multis to beams then and have everything else. I’m thinking of doing an all laser build too since the multis and hounds suck when the shields are up. But I hate that I would have to really rely on just the pair of packhounds since lasers suck at hull damage even though of course I would still be firing them.

So guess as a final build would 3 beams on the large and smalls, keep my 2 multis especially since one is high cap corrosive obviously and keep my high cap packhounds be a good mixed damage build?

And thermal vents take out heat when I hit another ship so wouldn’t that be fine anyway though not to overheat? Though I guess I won’t be hitting as often for it to make them that good though maybe. The only thing I still don’t know yet then is the fire groups, was thinking just having beams in one fire group for shields and have the multis and missiles as my more offensive one to switch to as soon as the shields are gone.

I like to keep it simple.
Right trigger = class 4s = drain WEP.
Left trigger = everything else = recharge WEP.

I work incredibly hard to be as lazy as possible 😁

Tested my brand-new Corvette yesterday.... incredibly lazy ship to fly. 😅

This is my build. Can be pretty my flown permanently all-guns-blazing with 4-0-2 pips, maybe with the occasional 0-3-3 to recharge WEP. Distributor draw is negligible with this setup.

Just checked my weapons and the 3 beams I have the 2 smalls grade 3 efficient and the large grade 5 efficient with thermal vent or would pulses do better to not consume a lot of heat since the packhounds use heat. Are beams rather than pulses a bad combo with packhounds then even with efficient? I tried it and kinda overheated fast though I was careful.

Just checked my weapons and the 3 beams I have the 2 smalls grade 3 efficient and the large grade 5 efficient with thermal vent or would pulses do better to not consume a lot of heat since the packhounds use heat. Are beams rather than pulses a bad combo with packhounds then even with efficient? I tried it and kinda overheated fast though I was careful.
How is your powerplant engineered? With Armoured you shouldn't really have much overheating issues
Overcharged might definitely cause some problems in this regard

I could probably switch my small multis to beams then and have everything else. I’m thinking of doing an all laser build too since the multis and hounds suck when the shields are up. But I hate that I would have to really rely on just the pair of packhounds since lasers suck at hull damage even though of course I would still be firing them.

So guess as a final build would 3 beams on the large and smalls, keep my 2 multis especially since one is high cap corrosive obviously and keep my high cap packhounds be a good mixed damage build?

And thermal vents take out heat when I hit another ship so wouldn’t that be fine anyway though not to overheat? Though I guess I won’t be hitting as often for it to make them that good though maybe. The only thing I still don’t know yet then is the fire groups, was thinking just having beams in one fire group for shields and have the multis and missiles as my more offensive one to switch to as soon as the shields are gone.
I did an all laser build with my vette and it worked a treat for bounty hunting a comp nav beacon. All pulses with focussed G5. Shields just vanish but it takes a bit longer to chew up the hull. Still, no ammo so you can sit there all day.

Haven’t tested combat yet but I just got my plant to grade 5 armored though don’t know about experimental. I’ve seen it’s better between monstered and thermal spread.

Haven’t tested combat yet but I just got my plant to grade 5 armored though don’t know about experimental. I’ve seen it’s better between monstered and thermal spread.
If you have enough MJ to fully power your ship, go thermal spread. If not, monstered. No need to have excess energy which only goes to waste anyway.

I've found missiles and pack hounds of limited use, nice to use a couple of times for the giggles but ultimately not sustainable in combat.
I would suggest leaving the small HP as debuff weapons as their DPS is low, something with corrosive and emissive for example.
On my Corvette I use 3 long range beams (1 large and 2 med) with thermal vent (excellent against shields and doubles up as cooling for the SCB).
The 2 huge HP are overcharged autoloader MC for maximum dakka.
The remaining 2 small HP are high cap debuffing MC, 1 emissive and the other corrosive.

I've found missiles and pack hounds of limited use, nice to use a couple of times for the giggles but ultimately not sustainable in combat.
I would suggest leaving the small HP as debuff weapons as their DPS is low, something with corrosive and emissive for example.
On my Corvette I use 3 long range beams (1 large and 2 med) with thermal vent (excellent against shields and doubles up as cooling for the SCB).
The 2 huge HP are overcharged autoloader MC for maximum dakka.
The remaining 2 small HP are high cap debuffing MC, 1 emissive and the other corrosive.
You should maybe open a ticket with FDev... some mean person exchanged your mighty Corvette for a puny Keelback! 😅

Lol, I still mostly fly the Keely, it ticks all the boxes for me. But like bongo says, sometimes it's nice to fly lazy and the corvette is very lazy.

Top Bottom