Combat pilots. What do you do with your time Ingame?

If I'm not at a PvP gathering somewhere, I'm drifting around a hazres or conflict zone with multicrew open. If there's other ships available to join, I join them. Saved a lot of rookies in Kraits and Condas by joining and taking control of a fighter. Sometimes I'll go meet them with my own ship and hang out a bit.

I don't bother travelling for PvP much anymore, unless someone needs a hand.

I don't do it as much as I used to, but I'll occasionally go meet some rookies and give them a nudge towards the combat path. Show 'em the ropes in the rings, teach them how to survive on their own without combat logging or solo play. If they stick around and move on to PvP someday, great. Ideally that's what happens. If they don't? That's fine too. At least I can say that there's another halfway competent pilot out there because of my guidance.

I assume you also throw on some Holst, Wagner and Schwantner?
Ummm, no.... maybe some Der Ring des Nibelungen, but not Holst or Schwanter. I prefer Lied and Melodie and am nuts about Puccini. There is nothing like a well trained classical singer. Singers are best able to express the ineffable comedy of existence. Also sorry Mr. Holst but your "Planets" is way too anthropomorphized. Curiously, Mahler is extremely suited to space travel. The seemingly static beauty of a Mahler symphony really complements the infinite static magnificence of space.

I also love Frank Sinatra and Mel Torme' and listen to other genres, but there is something about Puccini.....
:)
o7

I fly around with my T9 and take on any pirate or security that want's to have my stuff… but wait, I am not exactly a combat pilot… anymore… if I ever was. Today.

Last edited:
Ummm, no.... maybe some Der Ring des Nibelungen, but not Holst or Schwanter. I prefer Lied and Melodie and am nuts about Puccini. There is nothing like a well trained classical singer. Singers are best able to express the ineffable comedy of existence. Also sorry Mr. Holst but your "Planets" is way too anthropomorphized. Curiously, Mahler is extremely suited to space travel. The seemingly static beauty of a Mahler symphony really complements the infinite static magnificence of space.

I also love Frank Sinatra and Mel Torme' and listen to other genres, but there is something about Puccini.....
:)
o7
I usually go for Kraftwerk, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Residents, Sun Ra or Brubeck when I just want background music. Been listening to a ton of Elvis lately. Tom Waits when I wanna sing along. Big Black/Lightning Bolt for ramming sessions at SD. Sometimes I get drunk and listen to the Satie recordings of Daniel Versano. Been on a major Schwantner jag, and been going back to Zorn's klez stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom