Comfy Canonn Cruise

Since the topic just popped up in another thread: do we already have any official Fuel Rats, Hull Seals and Rock Rats on board, or should someone at least bring a suitably equipped ship?

you should have a race, traditional FSD vs fleet carrier ;)
At least as I planned it with one day per Canonn Challenge waypoint FSD will win ;) If one went for speed it all goes down to speed in mining Tritium. If one had to do it all alone I think the FSD would still win. But with a group of at least 10 swift miners I think the FC would win.
Since the topic just popped up in another thread: do we already have any official Fuel Rats, Hull Seals and Rock Rats on board, or should someone at least bring a suitably equipped ship?
Not that I know of. But I thought about that, too, and I might pack in a big fuel limpet controller to put into my Anaconda, repair limpet controllers I have.

In other news I fixed the EDSM logo here, should be changed there soon.

Getting my atl account ready for the trip.

Ships I am taking along
Krait mkII for exploring
Python for general Mining
Corvette for fast laser Mining
Speedy Courier for fun
Diamonback Explorer for landing anywhere
Jump-conda.... why not ?
Clipper because I just love to fly it

This is a great opportunity to keep busy before Odyssey drops.

At least as I planned it with one day per Canonn Challenge waypoint FSD will win ;) If one went for speed it all goes down to speed in mining Tritium. If one had to do it all alone I think the FSD would still win. But with a group of at least 10 swift miners I think the FC would win.

Not that I know of. But I thought about that, too, and I might pack in a big fuel limpet controller to put into my Anaconda, repair limpet controllers I have.

In other news I fixed the EDSM logo here, should be changed there soon.

I could be wrong, but I'd guess properly engineered exploration ship would win easily, even if the carrier didn't have to mine Tritium at all. The 20 minutes of jump prep and cooldown time would doom the FC. I've never timed it, but I'd guess a regular ship could just easily 15 times in that span. At about 65ly per jump, that's about double the distance covered in the same time span. Mix in a few neutron-jumps and it gets even more lopsided.

Luckily, it's often the journey that matters most, not the destination! :)

I could be wrong, but I'd guess properly engineered exploration ship would win easily, even if the carrier didn't have to mine Tritium at all. The 20 minutes of jump prep and cooldown time would doom the FC. I've never timed it, but I'd guess a regular ship could just easily 15 times in that span. At about 65ly per jump, that's about double the distance covered in the same time span. Mix in a few neutron-jumps and it gets even more lopsided.

You're a bit high on jump range, but low on jump speed. An exploration grade Dolphin (and yes, the Dolphin's heat characteristics are necessary for that) can jump 55...60 ly (depending mainly on whether you want tbring along SRVs and how many) and needs 45 seconds per jump (including scooping). That's a theoretical top speed of 4 kly/hr. Using the Neutron highway, you can double...triple that to maybe 10 kly/hr. And that's not even top speed - the Sol-Colonia record still stands at 1hr38m11s with a dedicated racing build. During the same time, a carrier can do three jumps of 500 ly each.
But.
Using a ship, the pilot has to be active (and awake, and aware) continously. So this only works during active play time. Using a simple script, a carrier can (sufficient fuel assumed) follow a predetermined course across the Galaxy on its own. So for the same 10 kly for which a player would have to do ~40 neutron and ~10 regular jumps in one hour, the carrier will need 20 jumps, which will take up almost 7 hours - but the pilot will only need to be active for a few minutes to start the script.

Can you tell if the cruise restaurant serves silicon based life forms?

I believe I might be developing an allergy to organic silicon compounds. It could also just be an exposure to Irukama Giant Snail spores but I'm not quite sure yet. Sometimes I think I'm seeing Irukama Snails, but its probably just my mind playing tricks on me. Respectfully expecting all dining areas to follow highest safety standards when handling alien foodstuffs.

This is going to take 4-5 months. Hopefully Odyssey will get released sometime during that period. Are we sure all planet side flora will still be around?

Depends if you in rush or not.
75 ly jump Anaconda do 7 jumps and arrives +/- same moment as carrier, if it do FSS on the go. If u stop for DSS -> carrier is faster.
If Anaconda is 73 ly jump she do 8 jumps and arrives just 30s later then carrier (if FSS only).

If you skip all FSS and use NS of course you will be way faster then.
P.S. sometimes it happens to have couple jumps with 40+ bodies just for FSS, then again, carrier hard wins.

Can you tell if the cruise restaurant serves silicon based life forms?
The restaurant tries to serve any needs while following highest safety standards to avoid allergic reactions or cross-species illnesses. We would very much like you to try our accommodations and hope you find them sufficient, or even like them.

This is going to take 4-5 months. Hopefully Odyssey will get released sometime during that period. Are we sure all planet side flora will still be around?
As one that already bought Odyssey I wouldn't bet on a release date ;) But no, I'm unsure how this will affect the lifeform locations. It might be they are at least on the same planet, but in a different location, or that the proc-gen is changed more deeply, so that we don't find what we expect. In the latter case the expedition will be more exploratory than anticipated.
But I thought about how to get an exploration suit when Odyssey drops, maybe a detour back to Colonia, Explorer's Anchorage or a station near/in the Bubble will be in order, depending on were we are.

I don’t see this trip as a race, it’s going to every interesting spot in the galaxy, why would you want to race through them.

I signed my alt account on but the more I think about it, this trip is about an epic journey through the galaxy, so I am now bringing my main account instead. Although both accounts are at the same level, everything maxed out, I just want this trip to be added to my main account along with other great trips like DW2 and many others.

As far as Odyssey I am not concerned, it probably won’t be released for at least 3 months and take Fdev two months to straighten out and de-bug. (grin)

I find it exciting to be part of the expedition by helping to fuel the carrier and be part of the expedition in a meaningful way.

I don’t see this trip as a race, it’s going to every interesting spot in the galaxy, why would you want to race through them.
That's the spirit! Although the schedule with one day per waypoint isn't very relaxed, I hope it gives everyone enough time to check the interesting things we're coming for.
I find it exciting to be part of the expedition by helping to fuel the carrier and be part of the expedition in a meaningful way.
I'm delighted to have your two CMDRs on board, and thanks for any help you can give!

Regarding the initial fuelling up and drop tanks - LHS 142, next door (7.49 ly) to our second stop Alaunus, seems to have a consistent high supply of ³H at a realistic (-3%) price in three close (<15 ls) stations with large pads. I would suggest to either park in LHS 142 (if you can find a spot) for the Alaunus WP, or at least find a spot close to the jump-in point in Alaunus. Fuel barges are prone to NPC interdiction and tend to be bad at shaking them off.

Top Bottom