Coming Holidays 2020 - Planet Coaster: Console Edition on Current and Next-Gen Consoles

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo coaster friends!

Thank you for the incredible support we've received so far with regards to Planet Coaster: Console Edition! It’s been amazing to see so many of you excited for Planet Coaster to arrive on PlayStation and Xbox; we are very excited to share some amazing news with you today.

ForumsAnnounce.jpg

Over the past year or so, the team have dedicated themselves to bringing the full Planet Coaster experience to consoles; we have made some amazing strides with technology, and the game is looking and playing incredibly well! We were always looking at the launch of Planet Coaster: Console Edition as a way to bring this wonderful game both to the current and the next generation of creative builders and management sim enthusiasts, so we’re very happy to announce that we’re not only launching on current gen consoles, but also on next-gen, meaning PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.

This is a huge celebration for us at Frontier, as it’s our first title coming to the next generation of consoles. That hardware will bring some amazing advances in technology, and we’re honoured to be a part of that exciting new development in the gaming industry.

With that in mind we will be moving our launch date to Holiday 2020, in order for everyone to enjoy Planet Coaster: Console Edition at the same time, no matter which console you choose to play on!

We cannot wait to share more with you; we will soon have additional exciting news for you, so please do expect more regular updates and fun community activities from the team!

Thank you for your patience and your ongoing support.

I saw the trailer on youtube and came here asap, I am super excited! And it is actually really poetic to see that planet coaster would be the first project to come next gen. I am excited to try it out as my first next gen console game seeing that it is a holiday release ♥️

latest

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Even though I play exclusively on PC, it will be interesting to see how the advanced building will work on console. Congratulations to the developers for figuring it out ! :)

I've had the pleasure of seeing it run on console and it's incredible what the team have done to make it work. We'll, of course, be sharing more content about Planet Coaster: Console Edition down the line, including words from the devs themselves. I can't wait for everyone to see it work with a gamepad for the first time!

I saw the trailer on youtube and came here asap, I am super excited! And it is actually really poetic to see that planet coaster would be the first project to come next gen. I am excited to try it out as my first next gen console game seeing that it is a holiday release ♥

latest

I am glad to hear you're excited, @Pixelated Sparkster! We're excited to welcome both current and next-gen communities to Planet Coaster simultaneously! :D

WOW! Super excited for this. Especially the fact that this means more updates are actually coming to the game again!! WOOHOO!

Just a heads-up, Holiday means Christmas (especially since the Dutch newsletter refers to them as "Feestdagen") and not "Summer Holiday". So basically the trailer is nice wrapper around a significant delay, sorry to those who planned to spend their summer vacation on the PlayStation.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Just a heads-up, Holiday means Christmas (especially since the Dutch newsletter refers to them as "Feestdagen") and not "Summer Holiday". So basically the trailer is nice wrapper around a significant delay, sorry to those who planned to spend their summer vacation on the PlayStation.

Obvious as the release coincides with the release of the next gen consoles. (I'd rather just get a "December 2020" instead of "Holiday 2020", but I understand they can't give a date as both PS5 and Xbox X are announced for "late 2020").

I'm only here to know if the Windows version receives a update as well. But that's (still) unknown.

Great to hear development is going well, congratulations on the announcement!
we have made some amazing strides with technology
This does make me wonder, will we see another QoL update for PC with even more improvements similar to the one we had last November?
I also wonder if the Xbox's 'Smart Delivery' will be used?

Obviously I don't expect any confirmation at this point, this is just me speculating. ;) Congrats again guys! 🥳

ho hum, not even interested in this version of the game
Of course there are probably a lot of people who just play PC, and aren't interested in this version. But there are a load of people who only game on consoles, and are extremely excited for this. All I see over on the Planet Coaster Twitter is people begging for a release date!

Even though I play mostly on PC, I will be picking up the console version to be able to sit back on my sofa and still play.
I know Bo is excited to be able to play at home on her PlayStation. :) Its a great thing for the community!

Top Bottom