Coming Holidays 2020 - Planet Coaster: Console Edition on Current and Next-Gen Consoles

With the delay of the release of the console version, does that mean no new official content for the Windows version this year? At the end of this year it will be a year and a half with no new dlc content. That’s a long time to keep players hanging wondering if the current game will continue to be supported with new packs. Especially ride packs since we can’t create/import new working rides ourselves. We’re stuck with what we have until a new DLC comes out.

I wasn't very optimisic for a new dlc comming before autumn (pc ce summer release).
Now I think we won't get anything before spring 2021...
Just thinking about the time they might need to fix bugs after release of pc ce,
before they can create a new dlc for pc pc.

They did say that the game will have a share function so that is super exciting.

Looking forward to the ps5 release. This game isn't something I paid much attention to while on PC so I hope they do more dev diaries.

Just a bit of feedback here: I don’t think you should set up a livestream “gameplay reveal” and then show off a 20 second trailer. Think the wall of “That was it?!” And “That’s all??” In the chat backs me up here.

You even had a countdown. I think we all thought it was going to be on the level of a Nintendo Direct or something. 😅

Last edited:
Just a bit of feedback here: I don’t think you set up a livestream “gameplay reveal” and then show off a 20 second trailer. Think the wall of “That was it?!” And “That’s all??” In the chat backs me up here.

You even had a countdown. I think we all thought it was going to be on the level of a Nintendo Direct or something. 😅

Was the announcement on other platforms different?

Because I never expected anything more than a trailer when I saw this line:

Join us tomorrow at 3PM BST for our brand new Planet Coaster: Console Edition gameplay trailer! Get a glimpse of ride and blueprint placement, building editing and path building, plus more.

Was the announcement on other platforms different?

Because I never expected anything more than a trailer when I saw this line:

Good for you but the live chat demonstrated that most people didn’t find the fine print and really what was the purpose of going live? Just drop the trailer unless you’re gonna put on a show or have community managers/ devs sit down and play the game.

I am probably going to buy Planet Coaster even though I come from Planet Zoo. :)
It's always lovely to see people moving into additional games. :D Like a lot of people, I started with Planet Coaster, and these were the days where you really felt like you were in a small(ish?) community...yet in the past year, by also getting into Planet Zoo and Elite Dangerous (and maybe JWE once I give it a whirl), I found myself in a community that had suddenly expanded into something much bigger, and that's one of the many wonderful things about the Frontier community as a whole - whichever game you come from, we're one huge family.

Last edited:
It's always lovely to see people moving into additional games. :D Like a lot of people, I started with Planet Coaster, and these were the days where you really felt like you were in a small(ish?) community...yet in the past year, by also getting into Planet Zoo and Elite Dangerous (and maybe JWE once I give it a whirl), I found myself in a community that had suddenly expanded into something much bigger, and that's one of the many wonderful things about the Frontier community as a whole - whichever game you come from, we're one huge family.
This is definitely the feeling I am experiencing with Frontier Developments as a whole. I knew of them from the past with titles like Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and 3, thrillville, and lost winds. I took notice of their planet coaster game when it was announced in 2015 and always wanted to try it but never got the shot as I was a mac user, but checked in from time to time. It was when Jurassic World Evolution was announced that was the combination of it being a Jurassic World/Park franchise, a game made by Frontier Developments (whom I trust as a game development company that could make business management games), and is releasing on consoles that got me to finally sign up in the forums. Just a few days I was also expressing how I finally got Planet zoo to work in the forums and I was taught by the forum members here how to use bootcamp to play the game in a better state on my mac. So I have both Planet zoo, Jurassic World Evolution, and will soon have Planet Coaster once I get the PS5.

All in all, I keep finding myself to come to the forums to chat with members, share ideas, share thoughts, and overall be part of an experience I get to express and understand with others. It is really awesome as I never had many friends who share the same interests in games I have, and to be here fulfilled that wholesome sense of community. You are all wonderful and I am happy we are part of this family :)

Top Bottom