Coming Soon to Planet Coaster: Thememaker's Toolkit

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW...just wow!(ok i have to breathe[uhh]). This is amazing!![haha][haha][haha]. This is the first time custom scenery is officially supported in a theme park simulator (except the ugly rctw). You guys did it! Great job. I especially like that you can animate scenery pieces too.[wink]I'm not very talented in making 3d models,but i know there are many people in this community who will do great things with it( new animatronics, walls, trees). It definitely will help recreating theme parks[big grin]. Wouldn't have thought it would come to the game. Thank you so much![happy]

#infrontierwetrust[wink][heart]

Now that I have stopped flailing...

I have never been great at doing 3d modeling but I am certainly excited to give it another try.

I mean, OMG. I can actually make MY MONSTER if I want to put in the effort.

xLeJHHG.png

Wait! Are we going to be able to export existing things and reskin them?

How am I supposed to sleep with this bouncing around my head?

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Wait! Are we going to be able to export existing things and reskin them?

How am I supposed to sleep with this bouncing around my head?

No, there is no official support for extracting in-game items at this time, so you can only add your own items by using the Thememaker's Toolkit and saving them in a specific folder on your computer.

Bo. My. God.

*insert Office "it's happening" gif*

Amazing. Game of the century. Seriously, this was the only thing really missing from the game - custom assets.

The pieces that have come along so far have always been amazing, and the creative community has made incredible use of these in unconventional ways to make what they are trying to make. But having custom 3d scenery... There's nothing this game can't do now. I can't wait to see custom animated models for video game theme parks (FNAF, Sonic, Mario, etc) or whatever else the community's talents and minds come up with.

NOt Exited

Am I the only one who is not really excited about this? I am a little in shock actually. [shocked]

I do not know 3D design, or have a professional Software for this. And I think not many can pull off amazing 3D objects with great textures. [sad]

Hmmm...... really don't know what to think about this informtion. First thing that came on my mind, no more official DLCs, I have to rely on waht other people do, IF they upload it to the workshop.

Vote for more official DLC's and Rides ;-)

Am I the only one who is not really excited about this? I am a little in shock actually. [shocked]

I do not know 3D design, or have a professional Software for this. And I think not many can pull off amazing 3D objects with great textures. [sad]

Hmmm...... really don't know what to think about this informtion. First thing that came on my mind, no more official DLCs, I have to rely on waht other people do, IF they upload it to the workshop.

[ BOTH... BOTH IS GOOD.gif]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

Hmmm...... really don't know what to think about this informtion.

The Thememaker's Toolkit doesn't have to mean the end of the official DLC. According to the latest financial statement, Planet Coaster continues to perform really well, so it would be wise to continue to develop DLC for as long as the game continues to perform so well. :D

The Thememaker's Toolkit may even result in more sales of the vanilla game, bringing in more players who have been waiting for a form of UGC before they want to start playing the game. Now is the time that they may want to join this awesome ride! ;)

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
The Thememaker's Toolkit doesn't have to mean the end of the official DLC. According to the latest financial statement, Planet Coaster continues to perform really well, so it would be wise to continue to develop DLC for as long as the game continues to perform so well. :D

The Thememaker's Toolkit may even result in more sales of the vanilla game, bringing in more players who have been waiting for a form of UGC before they want to start playing the game. Now is the time that they may want to join this awesome ride! ;)

The toolkit isn't going to offer the ability to create rides for example, or new features. DLC and updates still have a purpose

OK, that is good new.... thx for making me sleep well tonight :)

Top Bottom