Coming Soon to Planet Coaster: Thememaker's Toolkit

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
823e1b70-a40f-4711-b6d8-23debc0b746f.jpg

Hello coaster friends,

One of our favourite parts of Planet Coaster is seeing all the amazing, funky, and creative blueprints our players display on the Steam Workshop. There's so much attention to detail, so much originality and creativity, and it blows us away every day to see what you've put together - whether that's a recreation of your favourite theme park, a super spooky haunted mansion, an elaborate Go-Karts track through the gears of a clock, or a scene straight out of a Hollywood action movie. There seems to be no limit to what you all build and create!

The team have been hard at work as we’re getting ready for another Planet Coaster update, but we've got a very special announcement for you today, which we hope enables and strengthens that creativity even further:

Thememaker's Toolkit

The Thememaker's Toolkit is a pipeline system for 3D models to be added as scenery items to your parks. It is a free feature we have been working on for a while now, and will truly challenge players who'd love to try their hand at creating all-new items for their parks! Skilled artists within the community will be able to create a host of items such as a sci-fi spaceship, or an amazingly crafted piece of foliage. The Thememaker's Toolkit will give you the ability to bring your 3D models to life and share them with everyone.

This much-requested community feature will make its way into the game later this year. We wanted to let you know today as some Thememaker's Toolkit files will be visible in the game folders after our next update. We also hope this gives you plenty of time to prepare your gaming stations with the necessary tools, or start planning your next creations which will be infused with boundless variety once the feature launches.

We will have even more news for you soon regarding the next Planet Coaster update, but for now: thank you for your ongoing support!

[heart]
Bo

p.s. We've also got a Support FAQ for you if you have any more questions, but feel free to pop any below this forum post as well.

Oh my god this is amazing!!!! I love you guys!!! :D [heart][heart][heart][heart][heart][heart][heart][heart][heart][heart][heart]

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Thats is totally, freaky, wonderfull good news!!

Can't wait to hear more about this!! And about the next update ofcourse. exciting times!!!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Amazing news! Super exciting times ahead for Planet Coaster!!! [big grin] [up]

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Ofcourse i have so many questions now, but it might be too early to ask ... I will try anyway :D

What will this tool exactly do? I assume it imports 3D assets into the game? Will it also take care of textures (icon's) And variable's like prices of the item ?

EDIT : Im sorry, i just noticed the FAQ provided me with some answers already :D ... guess im a bit too excited :D

Edit 2 : OMG the FAQ states you can even do animations!!! I never ever expected that to happen :D

Its happening!
And i just started my 3d and animation master classes! It came just in the right time!

Thank you bo, thank you team, we love you!!!!

YASSSS!!!!!

I guess time for me to learn how to model 3d beyond random sculpting. :D Or maybe I could show pictures and make requests and maybe paint the textures. Yes that could work.

Now, i hope that Frontier won't give up Planco with doing this. Please make more stuff, ok?

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
YASSSS!!!!!

I guess time for me to learn how to model 3d beyond random sculpting. :D Or maybe I could show pictures and make requests and maybe paint the textures. Yes that could work.

Now, i hope that Frontier won't give up Planco with doing this. Please make more stuff, ok?
yeah...i hope the dlc’s continue. not everyone knows how to do that stuff.

[Crawling out from under a rock] Did someone mention custom scenery? [Virtually dusts off Planet Coaster in Steam] STARGATE: THE RIDE INCOMING!!

This is such great news. This feature will be great to have in Planet Coaster. I can't wait to see what the next update will be.

Top Bottom