Coming Soon to Planet Coaster: Thememaker's Toolkit

I put my big Sonic R project on pause because I didn't know how to transpose some elements in the game, now I don't have to worry anymore, I will be able to have Sonic and friends statues in my park, that's amazing !

Sounds like expert stuff, not for me as a creator maybe, but as a user I can't wait to see what the community comes up with!

Excellent news!

And I read it's not in the next update but one later this year.
What's in the next update then?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Sounds like expert stuff, not for me as a creator maybe, but as a user I can't wait to see what the community comes up with!

Excellent news!

And I read it's not in the next update but one later this year.
What's in the next update then?

XC5W.gif

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
I wonder if we can upload our own flat rides as well?

Rides are not part of the toolkit. As mentioned in the FAQ:

"Due to the complicated and technical nature of rides, the Thememaker's Toolkit does not support making rides or coasters. However, there's nothing stopping you from making creative use of the scenery, like animatronic cars or even more intricate ride skins!"

"Due to the complicated and technical nature of rides, the Thememaker's Toolkit does not support making rides or coasters. However, there's nothing stopping you from making creative use of the scenery, like animatronic cars or even more intricate ride skins!"

I'm still crossing my fingers that it will be possible at some point. I would still like to add the Intamin Flying Island (AKA the Pagode). Though, it might be possible in the form of one giant animatronic to at least have it move up and down.

Suddenly I've got tons of ideas floating around. Though I would need to really understand the limitations (such as model scale, polycount, number of textures and their size, etc.).

This will be the best thing in Planet Coaster for creators :) Hope we can create the same things in small what I'm creating with the terrain tool and abstract objects :) Can't wait to hear more about it. It definitely got me hyped already :D

Will we be able to make our own flat rides in the future?

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Will we be able to make our own flat rides in the future?

Taken from the FAQ:
At the moment:
No. Due to the complicated and technical nature of rides, the Thememaker's Toolkit does not support making rides or coasters. However, there's nothing stopping you from making creative use of the scenery, like animatronic cars or even more intricate ride skins!
Regarding the future:
We currently have nothing to announce regarding future content (packs) in Planet Coaster.

As always, if this changes, Frontier will announce it on the forums and other official channels. Until then, nothing to announce. ;)

This is all exciting news -- very happy to hear the game is getting some more love. I cant help but notice this seems to only cover scenery items. I assume that means programmable actions will not be allowed. Such as adding guest animations, or guest interaction. I hope that means we can expect more frontier created content to fill that. So many rides i'd still love to see added...

I think that other new RCT game had this. Ability to import custom scenery. Now PC will be able to do it, like RCT3. Thanks, Bo for the announcement and at least letting us know that another update or DLC is coming. Can't wait for the news on that.

Ride maker's toolkit when? ;)

This is great news, I can't wait to see all the stuff people create :D I imagine it'll be like a 3D rendering program, thats much easier to use than other programs out there :D

Another question: Will we be able to make gridlocked stuff or just loose scenery? I am thinking of like giving existing wall and roof pieces a new texture, as such. and yes I am lazy I love grid building, snap snap. ;)

Top Bottom