#CommanderCreations - 14/05/2021

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

As we've mentioned through the week on our livestreams and in the community schedule, we're starting a new initiative called #CommanderCreations! We know the Elite Dangerous community is one of the most creative out there, and we want to show it off! If you want to get involved in future weeks, please use the hashtag #CommanderCreations when posting your amazing work on Twitter!

Without further ado, here are some of our favourite creations from Commanders this week:

Custom Grand Prix Mamba Paint Job By DJOzmanMJ

bfNaXso.jpg

This beautiful design by @DJOzmanMJ gives the Mamba a brand new look! The Mamba is one fast ship, and this paintjob idea definitely gets the point across! Be sure to check out the original tweet to see some of the other colourways in this stunning art!

Odyssey Launch Tribute Track By Alzo XP

Musician @AlzoXP felt inspired by the Odyssey Alpha when making this atmospheric track to accompany your first steps into Elite Dangerous: Odyssey! We can already picture listening to this track as we explore new worlds for the first time next week!

Eagle MKII Poster By pandafoz99

BFQbmJa.jpg

This stunning poster by @pandafoz99 highlights the Eagle MKII in all it's glory! It may be one of the cheaper ships in the galaxy, but it's certainly not one to look past too quickly, and this poster helps it to stand out!

Alliance Chieftain Drawing By Saturn_test

YBaCq0y.jpg

Commander @Saturn_test is clearly not only a great pilot, but also a fantastic artist! This impeccable recreation of an Alliance Chieftain immediately caught our eye whilst searching this week's entries - from the high quality line work to the detailed shading, this wouldn't feel out of place on display!

And there we have it! Thank you to every Commander who submitted a creation this week, and don't worry if you weren't featured, we may still feature your work in a future post! We've loved seeing all the submissions so far, so if you have something you want to share, please do so using the hashtag #CommanderCreations on Twitter, or post them in the replies to this thread!

Until next week, fly safe Commanders.

o7

Project Elite - Part 2

Hi again!

This is the second and final part to anticipate the new expansion: Odyssey. This footage was recorded since I enjoy the game, almost one year ago, since the lockdown. So this is the work around one year. Hope you enjoy it, cause I did it a lot!
Source: https://youtu.be/8C4Q1PgR7VU

I know is hard to read the subtitles and watch the video :)

I worked on this so much, and hope you love it!

If you share this massively I will clean your room!

I'm producing music too, so check if you can!
https://soundcloud.com/j-k-s-z Source: https://soundcloud.com/j-k-s-z

https://www.instagram.com/jsr_17/?hl=es (old account, it's abandoned but is great)

All recorded in Elite Dangerous: Horizons

Music by:
Atom Music - Red Moon
Mitchell Broon - Event Horizon
Joseph Trapanese - Artic (Cover by Ibi)

Thanks for watching, you know

Y esto es para todos aquellos que piensen que la exploración en la vida real o la exploración en elite dangerous es aburrida, porque siempre vas a pensar que no vas a descubrir nada nuevo que valga la pena, que no vas a descubrir algo que nadie haya visto antes, pero siempre vas a estampar contra el suelo esas ideas al hacerlo, al aventurarte y explorar lo desconocido, porque por algo es desconocido, porque no puedes asegurar que vaya a ser aburrido. Siempre vas a encontrar lugares diferentes, configuraciones de sistemas diferentes, que desembocan en escenarios diferentes, brindado vistas diferentes, sentimientos únicos, experiencias únicas. Y en esto se basa la exploración, en llegar donde nadie ha llegado antes, en descubrir si al final todo es siempre lo mismo, mismo trabajo, mismos amigos, misma ciudad… o descubrir que no es así, que has encontrado algo nuevo, algo que vale la pena, y siempre lo ha valido.

El viaje en elite dangerous fue muy corto, lo podéis ver aquí abajo, pero hubo muchísimos momentos que me dieron emociones totalmente diferentes. La importancia de algo no se basa en lo lejano a nosotros que esté (ejemplo: el dinero) o lo complicado que sea tenerlo (ser cantante famoso), la importancia de algo se la damos nosotros. No hace falta irse al otro lado de la galaxia para encontrar algo, ir de estrella de neutrones en estrella de neutrones para encontrar algo lejano que valga la pena. La importancia de algo se la damos nosotros, y lo más importante y valioso puede estar al lado nuestra, como el pequeño viaje que he hecho en elite dangerous, observando cada planeta de cada sistema por si hubiera algo que valiera la pena visitar, porque hay que dar importancia a todas las cosas, y no solo a los agujeros negros o a las estrellas supermasivas. La importancia y valor que tiene algo se lo das tú (amor propio).

Greetings Commanders!

As we've mentioned through the week on our livestreams and in the community schedule, we're starting a new initiative called #CommanderCreations! We know the Elite Dangerous community is one of the most creative out there, and we want to show it off! If you want to get involved in future weeks, please use the hashtag #CommanderCreations when posting your amazing work on Twitter!

Without further ado, here are some of our favourite creations from Commanders this week:

bfNaXso.jpg

This beautiful design by @DJOzmanMJ gives the Mamba a brand new look! The Mamba is one fast ship, and this paintjob idea definitely gets the point across! Be sure to check out the original tweet to see some of the other colourways in this stunning art!

Musician @AlzoXP felt inspired by the Odyssey Alpha when making this atmospheric track to accompany your first steps into Elite Dangerous: Odyssey! We can already picture listening to this track as we explore new worlds for the first time next week!

BFQbmJa.jpg

This stunning poster by @pandafoz99 highlights the Eagle MKII in all it's glory! It may be one of the cheaper ships in the galaxy, but it's certainly not one to look past too quickly, and this poster helps it to stand out!

YBaCq0y.jpg

Commander @Saturn_test is clearly not only a great pilot, but also a fantastic artist! This impeccable recreation of an Alliance Chieftain immediately caught our eye whilst searching this week's entries - from the high quality line work to the detailed shading, this wouldn't feel out of place on display!

And there we have it! Thank you to every Commander who submitted a creation this week, and don't worry if you weren't featured, we may still feature your work in a future post! We've loved seeing all the submissions so far, so if you have something you want to share, please do so using the hashtag #CommanderCreations on Twitter, or post them in the replies to this thread!

o7
First, this is all awesome. But, I've got #CommanderCreations also! And this time, without even resorting to taking anything from Hero Team; this is 110% all new.

Second, you already got my voice of me auditioning to be a new COVAS. Ask Bruce about it. ;) But just in case, I'll put the file up here for the public anyway. XD

Third...have you read Danger Star yet?

And finally, just for you and for this specific event, I wanted to draw up some new decal designs. I wanted something extra-special, particularly since the Community Team said there wouldn't be any medals. But I can't take a hint, because stubbornness runs in the family. > : P ( also attached a version with a white background, depending on which one would be easier to deal with.)

Elite Decals.png

I still think a tourist beacon is eventually in order Soon(tm), but that's on YOU guys! > ; )

P.S. The RPG is not yet entirely dead. https://app.roll20.net/join/10666793/z3alLA

There's mine up there, and there's another guy who may or may not be flaking out, but bless his heart for trying week after week.

Attachments

• Jay COVAS.mp3
    568 KB
  • Elite Decals White Back.png
    Elite Decals White Back.png
    740.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Greetings Commanders!

bfNaXso.jpg

BFQbmJa.jpg

YBaCq0y.jpg

o7
I felt this would be SUPER appropriate to post here where #CommanderCreations would be highlighted. But I updated my "fan fiction", which would be cool to make canon.

Top Bottom