News Community Feedback and 3.0.3 Update

What about NPC's completely ignoring the fact that their Power Plants reach 0% or that collector limpets will still destroy cargo (not materials) sometimes when you are collecting in motion?

Great work FD! Elite is truly an unique and fantastic virtual world to get lost in.

Fair... I'm just frustrated... Powerplay seems to be the "black sheep" at ED right now (as are its player base)

Thanks for replying though, and I've made that comment to you before (when you helped get Felicia Winters and our FB group into the ED Newsletter. .for which you took some flak,. and I thank you for those efforts)

Lets hope there are enhancements planned for both PP and MC during this year and the links between them. Both are features with tremendous potential but in dire need of some love.

Thanks guys.

Fingers crossed for the issue to do with powerplant at 0% being fixed as well as a number of other issues.

Thanks as always FDev! Is the issue where mat drops at settlements only giving one item instead of three being looked at? That seems to be a significant change/issue for data mat gathering, especially with the new engineering process. I believe it's been reported as a bug in several threads in the bug reporting forum. Thanks!

Please consider increasing payouts across the board for missions and other activities. Every single method of earning seems unreasonably slow, especially when trying to keep up with the upkeep of more expensive ships. I am not asking for easy mode or anything similar, but I would like to not have to spend my time occupied with making sure I have enough rebuys available (as a combat focused pilot). I will spitball potential solutions here:

Missions that offer an insurance claim "token" as a reward. This would allow you to cover your rebuys without directly paying credits. Promotes spending credits on ships, modules, or things you enjoy rather than needing to hoard. It is silly that you can be one of the top participants in a CG, spending an entire week of play time on it, and not get enough out of it to cover even a single insurance rebuy on a large ship.

Multiplier for mission rewards based on your current rank relative to the mission. I know this is already a thing, but right now missions are so low paying at high end that it feels not worth doing for some of the toughest ones (CZ massacre missions stand out here for example, requiring a long time to complete for a comparatively small payout). I would suggest that current levels of mission rewards for an Elite pilot be considered baseline, and increase them further based on the pilot's rank (combat for combat missions, etc).

In general, I would like to see weekly or monthly minor balance patches from FD. Things get left for a huge amount of time and often a few number tweaks would drastically improve the game play for most players. It's extremely disconcerting to see how quickly you CAN mobilize to change something you consider unfairly high paying, and yet we go months dealing with underpaying tasks without a word or hint of change coming. Give low payouts the same amount of attention and speed you give to high payouts.

We shouldn't have to pick between earning well and doing the activities we enjoy. Let them be the same thing.

Just a quick thanks from me for the efforts to address those things that slipped through the net with the latest release of our beloved game.

CTRL F and CTRL B really needs to be put back in, no idea why those were removed, regarding showing FPS and ping

Fps counter = sure

Ping = sure

Debug tool used as a player scanner = no, thanks.

It makes Open much more interesting for me not to have to rely on a cheat tool because everyone else does. Before some genius will say "but you see the same on contacts/etc" - SO use it that way now then, boss.

No fix for wings with the guardian obelisks? We've run into some that required being in a wing to appear, others that have been described as such but wouldn't appear for us whether we were in a wing or not, and others that didn't appear until we broke our wing. I find it hard to believe that all of these combinations are intended.

i am missing a line like:
- fixed KWS, Manifest- and Wake- Scanner used by gunner not reporting any Data to the helm
- put "mining lance" into the beam laser category, so it can be modded with beam laser blueprints

and regarding that bulk passenger mission reward fix there.
where is the corresponding "increased the spawn rate and payout for luxury passenger missions"?
at the moment, the T7 is the better passenger transport then the Orca,
and the Orca the better mining ship then the T7. [wacky]

I used to do the occasional skimmer mission from a specially equipped Viper MkIV. They were an amusing, usually well paying, few minutes, then I'd swap back to another ship and go back to whatever it was I was up to.

If the changes are what it looks like, I'll be selling that Viper and never taking another Skimmer mission.

I hate the SRV with a passion. If I could find a way to do planetary scan missions and planetary salvage missions without ever getting into the SRV I would. I generally only take them as the last mission to do on the way back to whatever station I'm working out of...

WHAT kind of sense does it make for SRV shields to be able to hold up better than Starship shields to ground emplacement weapons? Seriously? One hit should obliterate the SRV.

Edit to add: Love that the updates and bug fixes are coming so quickly, just not happy with this particular one. Good work overall FDev!

Last edited:
Top Bottom