Community For Ships?

I had an idea! I was thinking FDev could give us Community goals to give the ship companies resources to help them build new ships. I find playing new and old ships to be very fun. I know the Krait is coming out soon I think but I would actually be more motivated to help Falcon,Core. Lakon, and Gutamaya build ships. Maybe also them restart production of old ships like ASP MK II and and such. But I would like to hear your guys ideas/opinions on this topic. I know they are making community goals more of things and could be a good reason because of the thargoids for an arms race.

I think we have enough ships. How about a community goal to get a new SRV already. Maybe something that can carry more then a smart car and a armored one that isnt wet tissue paper when shot at.

I think we have enough ships. How about a community goal to get a new SRV already. Maybe something that can carry more then a smart car and a armored one that isnt wet tissue paper when shot at.

I choose both; but yeah, I'd probably prioritize new SRV flavours. The cargo version and full combat version seem like worthy additions.

IDT I even require a CG, since the real resources to get this done are needed by the folks in the FD offices.

While the idea has merits, I foresee 2 potential problems. First, FD shouldn't overdo the CG driven narrative : it backfired quite a bit during 2.4 : CG fatigue. Second problem : slapping a CG over a ship or an SRV release requires to have said ship / SRV ready. The next minor update might have that but as far as I know, we don't have a release date yet.

I could it see it being a problem with CG burn but I feel like it would motivate a different part of the bubble and players maybe? I personally don't do cgs but I would for a new ship.

We've had CGs for weapons; they had very low turn-out after the first couple. Because how many do you want to have and unlock? I think resolving some of the choices made for the existing ones, including arbitrary jump range calculation (that should actually have a properly derived value) and some internal improvements would make what we have, actually more useful.

More ships don't solve Frontier's approach to building them. And I'm not sure what the 34th or 78th will bring that the rest haven't already done the same way eleven times over. To be fair.

Presumably, the reason there aren't more SRVs, is because Frontier's metrics tell them they are not used as much as we believe they are? Who knows. Then again, it's hard to know what Frontier's motivations are of late, based on the last few ships added. Anything added over the last couple of years, have had ludicrous limitations, nonsensical module choices that seem to ignore requirements, and weird internals choices.

AS legs aren't coming soon and Fdves motivates are of late but they are trying I do believe but I feel like it CGs or an event of some sort to see all the ship builders push the best ship they could imagine out and make the headlines in ED I feel like the backstory for most of these ship builders are minimal and the new ships recently have been meh to me but I'm glad to see they are trying but I would love to see more. At least maybe one or two every update? Not sure how Fdev even stands on ships tbh.

It they were going to do community goal ships, they could just use the existing ship models and spec them for different roles like trade, combat, exploration or multi-role.

An Imperial Cutter with
x2 C2 hardpoints, the rest C1
Replace one of the C8 slots with three C5's.
Make it more manoeuvrable and normal space and in supercruise.
Improve the jump range.

Call it the iCutter Explorer.

TBH, I think it best any ship locked behind a goal would be linked with the tech brokers and the personal narrative.

Last edited:
It they were going to do community goal ships, they could just use the existing ship models and spec them for different roles like trade, combat, exploration or multi-role.

An Imperial Cutter with
x2 C2 hardpoints, the rest C1
Replace one of the C8 slots with three C5's.
Make it more manoeuvrable and normal space and in supercruise.
Improve the jump range.

Call it the iCutter Explorer.

TBH, I think it best any ship locked behind a goal would be linked with the tech brokers and the personal narrative.
Hmm I find some of the best ships to be multi-roles, Cobra and Python personally. I do feel like ships need buffs and tweaks to them.

I was just thinking about this today - You outfit an SRV bay and then you have to select an SRV, you have one option. Why not just have the bay with the SRV already or is it considered content to have unnecessary mouse clicks? I'd understand if there was more than one SRV to chose from but there's not. Hmmm.. which should I choose. I know, I'll choose this one.. and this one again.. and again..

Why would anyone want 4 SRVs? I've had that many while out exploring but really, if you blow up 3 SRVs you really need to stay in the bubble.

I had an idea! I was thinking FDev could give us Community goals to give the ship companies resources to help them build new ships. I find playing new and old ships to be very fun. I know the Krait is coming out soon I think but I would actually be more motivated to help Falcon,Core. Lakon, and Gutamaya build ships. Maybe also them restart production of old ships like ASP MK II and and such. But I would like to hear your guys ideas/opinions on this topic. I know they are making community goals more of things and could be a good reason because of the thargoids for an arms race.

CGs are haul and shoot. The "goal" aspect is something that FDev should be doing anyhow.

How about a CG to fix all the broken game mechanics? I'll haul biowaste to Colonia for that.

I had an idea! I was thinking FDev could give us Community goals to give the ship companies resources to help them build new ships. I find playing new and old ships to be very fun. I know the Krait is coming out soon I think but I would actually be more motivated to help Falcon,Core. Lakon, and Gutamaya build ships.

Not a bad idea, but considering the time it takes to actually make a whole new ship, we shall not be seeing these CG's every fortnight. Still, nothing is to stop CG's from helping things along - we may not get the ship right off and might have to do stuff a few times for the regular cash payout.

What sort of ships do we need?

I was just thinking about this today - You outfit an SRV bay and then you have to select an SRV, you have one option. Why not just have the bay with the SRV already or is it considered content to have unnecessary mouse clicks? I'd understand if there was more than one SRV to chose from but there's not. Hmmm.. which should I choose. I know, I'll choose this one.. and this one again.. and again..

Why would anyone want 4 SRVs? I've had that many while out exploring but really, if you blow up 3 SRVs you really need to stay in the bubble.

Thete were/are supposed to be more, and you were supposed to be able to use them in MC: one for each plus a spare. Or one for each, as mc was also supposed to support four people.

I had an idea! I was thinking FDev could give us Community goals to give the ship companies resources to help them build new ships. I find playing new and old ships to be very fun. I know the Krait is coming out soon I think but I would actually be more motivated to help Falcon,Core. Lakon, and Gutamaya build ships. Maybe also them restart production of old ships like ASP MK II and and such. But I would like to hear your guys ideas/opinions on this topic.

so we have a cg in game to haul stuff for new ships, and frontier has a cg at the office to actually design and implement the new ships after hours, or how did you imagine that to work? :)

who doesn't want new ships? i'm moderately curious and expectant for the krait ... but we already have a lot of them, it's not like that's the most lacking aspect of the game ...

so we have a cg in game to haul stuff for new ships, and frontier has a cg at the office to actually design and implement the new ships after hours, or how did you imagine that to work? :)

who doesn't want new ships? i'm moderately curious and expectant for the krait ... but we already have a lot of them, it's not like that's the most lacking aspect of the game ...

I looked on INARA, couldn't find a place that has Pizza as a commodity. ;____;

Top Bottom