Community Goal - 28.09.3303 - Keep Calm and Bring Drinks! - The Backstory

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
sUpsRqP.png

COMMUNITY GOAL:
KEEP CALM AND BRING DRINKS

::THE MOST OPTIMAL ROUTE (01/10)

Kongga (18t) -> Bast (10t) -> Epsilon Indi (24t)

We are working on getting couple of other systems into Boom state, so watch this space :)

::
THE MESSAGE

To all independent Commanders:

The Winged Hussars faction needs your help this week. We have the approval to build a new space bar installation and a tourist beacon in HIP 110028 system. Both will be constructed on the orbit of the 6th planet of the system - a very unique Earth Like World. Not only is it a genuine, non-terraformed planet, but it's been never colonised by humans. The fact that there never any lights on the dark side of the planet suggests it may be either uninhabited by sentient beings or perhaps it is, but they are completely different to us. We may find out one day, however at this point in time, we can just admire it from space.

We hope that the construction of both the bar and the tourist beacon will boost the local economy and bring profits to this frontier system. The aim is to attract many rich tourists from the central systems, like Sol or Achenar. People that are tired with the war between the Federation and the Empire, people that are longing for some peace and quiet or a conflict-free adventure. Our faction has enough supplies to start the construction of the bar, however to satisfy refined tastes of the future bar clientele, they are asking the independent pilots to deliver large quantities of Bast Snake Gin, Indi Bourbon, Eranin Pearl Whisky, Kongga Ale, Lavian Brandy and Leestian Evil Juice to Zander Dock outpost in HIP 110028 system.

We hope you will come and help us complete our project Commanders. Can there be a nobler cause than supplying a space bar with rare alcohols?!

Please note that Zander Dock is an outpost, so the largest ship you can dock there is a Python!

We would also like to offer a reward for the Commander that will deliver the most alcohol to Zander Dock. The reward are any items from Pilots Federation store, up the value of 20 old Earth GBP.

If after the CG is finished you're in the Top 10, please send me a PM on these forums with the CG results screenshot from the Station Services and I will contact the pilot with most tonnes delivered with further details.

::THE BAR

The bar we would like to build is a branch of our faction's favourite on Maskelyne Vision in HR 8444 system. It's called 11 Parsecs and it's run by ex-Cmdr Jade "Raspberry" Rokatansky.

Here is some background information:

BAR 11 PARSECS
PSrQich.jpgg

'11 Parsecs' is located in one of the back streets of the main passage of Maskelyne Vision - Coriolis type orbital station in HR 8444 system, which is controlled by a cooperative group of Commanders known as The Winged Hussars. The bar is well known to the pilots that support the Hussar's faction. It's a meeting place for every spacer and Commander that visit the system - from the more shady characters, through members of Federation and Alliance, to the Barons and Kings of the Empire.

The bar is run by Jade "Raspberry" Rokatansky - ex-Commander, who lost her legs during an extremely dangerous mission by direct orders of Pilots Federation. She has new, bionic legs now, but she's now retired and she's purchased "11 Parsecs" for the money she's gathered over the years. In time the bar gained recognition and became the favourite place on the station - it's nearly faux pax not to go there and have a drink, when visiting the station.

The main room is quite dark. Smoking inside is allowed - for both artificial non-nicotines and the real deal nicotine cigarettes - so the air is filled with smoke. Combined with the subtle lighting, it makes the atmosphere inside appear to be heavy and repulsive. It's not the case actually, as it's always noisy inside and you can hear conversations, laughter and drunken songs being sang all the time.

The bar is well supplied with all kinds of drink. From cheap, synthetic alcoshots, through real alcohols, to the rare stuff like Lavian Brandy, Centauri Mega Gin, Eranin Pearl and evenFujin Tea - and the favourite drink of The Winged Hussars' Grand Hetman, Bask Snake Gin.

Location plan:

FLsgo5j.jpg

::DELIVERY METHODS

We realise that most of the independent pilots were participating in the previous Community Goals, but for those of you that are new to this, here are a few strategies that you can apply when doing this CG. It involves hauling rare goods, which are of a limited supply on their respective markets and will only allow you to take only one batch into your cargo hold, before they are available for purchase again. Therefore a few different ways to do this CG can be used:

* THE CHAIN * (COOP FOR A WING OF SHIPS)

All ships are equipped with Collector Limpet Controllers. One ship serves as a transport, and the other ships from the wing supply the rare goods from the station, going back and forth and abandoning the cargo in space for the transport to collect it. Once it's cargo hold is full, the transport goes to the target location and another ship from the wing becomes the transport. Once the first one comes back, it joins the ones that are supplying the current transport ship.

This strategy allows for a nice cooperative action and will make you deliver large quantities of cargo in one go.

* THE RAID *

Single pilot action. You need to go through all the systems listed in the Community Goal and purchase maximum available supply of the required rare goods. You then go to the target system, sell them, and repeat the process.

* ABBA *

All you need to do is choose the closest system to the target one and go back and forth, delivering smaller quantities of cargo, but in shorter intervals. (A > B --B > A)

::EXAMPLE SHIP BUILDS

Here are some example ship builds that would be suitable for this CG. You can use them as they or adjust them to your needs and custom specification.

Python

Best for The Chain

Python CG Reasonable
Python CG Reasonable 2 (no Prismatic Shield Generator)
Python CG Premium

Asp Explorer:

Best for The Raid

ASP Ex CG

Lakon Type 6

Also for The Raid

T6 CG

::ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Here is the list of goods that need delivering to Zander Dock in HIP 110028 system:

Legend:

Rare commodity name(approxsupply) -- System (distance to HIP 110028) -- Station(distance from theentry point)

Kongga Ale (24t) -- Kongga (310 LY) -- Laplace Ring (253 Ls)
Bast Snake Gin (2t) -- Bast (249 LY) -- Hart Station (204 Ls)
Eranin Pearl Whisky (16t) -- Eranin (249 LY) -- Azeban City (293 Ls)
Indi Bourbon (13t) -- Epsilon Indi (209 LY) -- Mansfield Orbiter (143 Ls)
Lavian Brandy (12t) -- Lave (263 LY) -- Lave Station (299 Ls)
Leestian Evil Juice (21t) - Leesti (262 LY) -- George Lucas (254 Ls)

Here is the most optimal route for the Raid delivery method - for now at least. Boom states (which double the amount of available goods) will expire on Sunday/Monday IIRC, so the circumstances may change. Until then:

Ship: Asp Explorer (88 tonnes of cargo space)
Range: 48 LY empty and 40 LY fully loaded
Total profit per run: 1,761,988 Cr
Time: ~30 mins
Route:

HIP 110028 >>> Kongga (310 LY - 7 jumps) Laplace Ring (253 Ls) - Kongga Ale (24t)
Kongga >>> Epsilon Indi (146 LY - 4 jumps) Mansfield Orbiter (143 Ls) - Indi Bourbon (24t)
Epsilon Indi >>> Lave (112 LY - 3 jumps Lave Station (299 Ls) - Lavian Brandy (24t)
Lave >>> HIP 110028 (262 LY - 7 jumps)

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
The "Bar" looks somewhat familiar... :cool::D

Good luck with the CG, I'll try and deliver some of the good stuff myself

It does, doesn't it? :D Did you get the name reference as well? ;)

Thank you, Commander! May the Space treat you well!

Great info rootsrat. Thanks.

Btw, those are some pretty mean builds. They put my lightly engineered python to shame. ;)

The rolls are random, as per Coriolis, they're not real :)

If they sell some of that home-made you had at Lavecon .... I'll make this my local!

Only from under the counter ;)

BTW, I've only just noticed some weird formatting (namely lack of spaces in the text) - I copied the code from a different forum, so apologies for that. Fixing now!

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
An update to the optimal route:

HIP 110028 >>> Kongga - Laplace Ring (253 Ls) - Kongga Ale (24t)
Kongga >>> Epsilon Indi - Mansfield Orbiter (143 Ls) - Indi Bourbon (13t)
Epsilon Indi >>> Lave - Lave Station (299 Ls) - Lavian Brandy (24t)
Lave >>> Leesti - George Lucas (254 Ls) - Leestian Evil Juice (21t)
Leesti >>> HIP 110028

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Here's some more details about the optimal route, for now at least. Boom states (which double the amount of available goods) will expire on Sunday/Monday IIRC, so the circumstances may change. Until then:

Ship: Asp Explorer (88 tonnes of cargo space)
Range: 48 LY empty and 40 LY fully loaded
Total profit per run: 1,761,988 Cr
Time: ~30 mins

HIP 110028 >>> Kongga (310 LY - 7 jumps) Laplace Ring (253 Ls) - Kongga Ale (24t)
Kongga >>> Epsilon Indi (146 LY - 4 jumps) Mansfield Orbiter (143 Ls) - Indi Bourbon (13t)
Epsilon Indi >>> Lave (112 LY - 3 jumps Lave Station (299 Ls) - Lavian Brandy (24t)
Lave >>> Leesti (4 LY - 1 jump) George Lucas (254 Ls) - Leestian Evil Juice (21t) + 6 tonnes of Azure Milk for extra profit
Leesti >>> HIP 110028 (262 LY - 7 jumps)

Bar? :O

Did someone say "Bar"? Where? Whose hanging out there? Is it a dive bar? Opened 24 hours?

If there is a good dive bar, it's probably 20,000lys away. Just my luck. Now I'm really starting to get bummed. :(

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Bar? :O

Did someone say "Bar"? Where? Whose hanging out there? Is it a dive bar? Opened 24 hours?

If there is a good dive bar, it's probably 20,000lys away. Just my luck. Now I'm really starting to get bummed. :(

Bar indeed! And we can make it a dive bar too, if you want :D

There is a certain way to quickly travel 20,000 LY. It involves a certain option in the right panel and a free Sidewinder :O

Proud to say that, since I was in range of Bast on my way home from the Liz Ryder run, took detour and delivered 2 tons of Bast Gin and 6 of Indi Bourbon - filling in my Dolphin's massive 8 ton hold!

Bookmarking the system - for a trip to the bar at a later date and because glad to know where the Hussar's are based - I'm now back in the Canopus region, so enjoy the Bourbon and good luck with the appeal. Will watch developments with interest.

o7

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
So the Tiers... are they the amount of hookers we will find once the bar is open?

I sure hope so! :D

Proud to say that, since I was in range of Bast on my way home from the Liz Ryder run, took detour and delivered 2 tons of Bast Gin and 6 of Indi Bourbon - filling in my Dolphin's massive 8 ton hold!

Bookmarking the system - for a trip to the bar at a later date and because glad to know where the Hussar's are based - I'm now back in the Canopus region, so enjoy the Bourbon and good luck with the appeal. Will watch developments with interest.

o7

Thanks for your help, Commander! There are only 200 people signed up for our CG at the moment (or there were at 5 AM today, when I was finishing my last run... Don't tell the wife! :D ) and the other 2 have over a 1000 each so see what happens. These pesky pirates ain't helping for sure! :p

Top Bottom