Community Event / Creation Community goal idea

I hope this happens. We currently lack a solid defensive system against Thargoids. A shield with resistances againt their weapons would be nice.

I think this is a great idea! However, to make it so game mechanics are not thrown out of balance, it would have to be fairly difficult to get hold of one of these shield generators.

Thanks for all the support so far, I hope that Frontier sees how much support we have and actually does this, it's been submitted so just waiting on them.

This sounds great, a breath of fresh air in the CG events and a step further into the story around our friendly neighbours. Would love to get more feedback from FD about this.

I like it,, I have always thought that new modules from time to time would be a good plan, and this would attach it to something worthwhile !!!

I could get behind more CG's like this that would actually affect the game in a meaningful way. I would love to see something like this in the game.

Hopefully we'll get a response from Frontier soon seeing as we've got many big and small groups supporting us, plus many other players. We have 4 pages on here showing support so isn't that enough to prove that people want to do this?

I had an idea for a community goal which I've actually submitted and I just wanted to see who here would support it, I thought this would be the best place to post it as it would potentially be a in game event. Though now i'm wondering if a community goal could actually affect anything in game?

If a research station was put in Laksak to look into defences against Thargoids then could it possibly result in a new module or some other form of defence against the Thargoids, I'm not sure how far Frontier will go with community goals but the basic idea is that we could work with Lei Cheung, the shield engineer, research Thargoid weapons/defences and potentially get a new defence for our ships against them.

Is the point of community goals to further the game? This is just the sort of stuff that I'm hoping could happen as obviously I think it would be a cool idea and it means the community goals actually matter a lot more as it gives players more than just some credits.

Great idea both as Community Goal and new shinies.
CGs have been ...almost irrelevant since I joined and everyone I've met has an interest in Thargoids. Would love to see this happen, at least the CG part.

When talking about shield gens, a shield that would stop the shield-piercing attacks from the goids would make sense as that wouldn't have much use outside of AX combat actually.
Because who the hell uses shield-piercing apart from goids?

The only other ships that use shield piercing if you count it, is phasing sequence which very few NPCs have, I think mainly pirate lords. To make this a bit more fair or acceptable by Frontier I think it would only be a defence against Thargoids and not phasing sequence though but I suppose we'll see, if Frontier acknowledge the CG.

The only other ships that use shield piercing if you count it, is phasing sequence which very few NPCs have, I think mainly pirate lords. To make this a bit more fair or acceptable by Frontier I think it would only be a defence against Thargoids and not phasing sequence though but I suppose we'll see, if Frontier acknowledge the CG.

BTW there is another subforum for posting ideas^^ And you can submit Community Goals.

Pretty much the only ones that have it are wing assassination targets, and frankly the amount of damage they do through the shield (something like 12% iirc, not sure if hull resistances are accounted for but they certainly don't damage modules) is pretty pathetic if you have any hull reinforcement at all.

BTW there is another subforum for posting ideas^^ And you can submit Community Goals.
Already been submitted, I'm hoping Frontier will acknowledge this now rather big thread and actually make the CG happen instead of it staying in the CG pool forever.

I think this thread has shown that we would have a lot of support, could we get a response from Frontier on this?

Still no reply after this thread, emailing and messaging Will Flanagan, I've also emailed community@frontier, no response from any of that, I think this needs acknowledgement now after all this time frontier,

Still no reply after this thread, emailing and messaging Will Flanagan, I've also emailed community@frontier, no response from any of that, I think this needs acknowledgement now after all this time frontier,
Apparently people are saying that FDev have stopped doing Community CG's again due to the upcoming changes to them

Top Bottom