News Community Goals over the following weeks (13/03)

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hello Commanders,

We wanted to inform you that, starting from tomorrow, in preparation for the development-supported events, there will not be any Community Goals for the next few weeks. This is because we are adjusting the way current Community Goals will be utilised, tying them to more engaging events and narratives as previously mentioned in our post here:

Development supported events

One of the biggest changes will be the way that we create and support in-game events and activities. Starting in the coming months, we will be looking to change the way that in-game events happen. The aim here is to create ongoing, engaging, and varied sets of content that are supported by the development team which players will be able to actively engage in.

We have listened to community feedback regarding Community Goals and while they are an incredible tool, they have become somewhat routine for many Commanders. We felt that we needed to adjust them to be more event-related while taking our in game events a big step further. We will gradually be changing our community goals and their frequency, using them within a larger schedule of development-led events to help us create more improved, meaningful and engaging experiences.

As well as Community Goals, we will also be using things like new scenarios, reputation and reward boosts (such as Superpower reputation increases), BGS and global galactic changes, in-game interactions, new game assets and much more to make game-wide events that tie into the game world. The aim is to constantly create new and exciting events and campaigns for you to get involved in and shape, which will focus on and benefit different types of players.

Outside of the game, we’ll communicate with you about these events, how they work and what goes into developing Elite Dangerous.

Rest assured, that while we are making changes to the way Community Goals work, we are still going to be supporting Player Community Goals in our plans. You can find out how to submit a Community Goal here.

In the coming month, we will be releasing specific details as to how the new development-supported events will work, so stay tuned for that!
Thank you for your understanding.

Sweet deal. An updated CG format with more interaction and depth was really the thing I was looking forward to most from the announcements for interim updates. Look forward to more info on what that’ll look like :)

Sounds like a neat plan.

Will there still be ranked decals for some community goals? (normal / bronze /silver /gold / emissive)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Intriguing. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with, I think we've all been waiting a long time for these updates.

I would love to see CGs that can actually fail, not automatically pass when they hit Tier 1.

Intriguing. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with, I think we've all been waiting a long time for these updates.

I would love to see CGs that can actually fail, not automatically pass when they hit Tier 1.

Tier 1 should be much further up the scale, should be much more difficult to get, then the further tiers should be much closer spaced.

I still dont believe that you are working on anything regarding Elite. I just see magical disappearance of staff and ressources.

Top Bottom