[DW2] Community Goals

This is going to be awesome! :D

Take care to test your explo vessel with mining equip.
Especially PP and PD should be larger if you dont want to transfer core items aswell :)

Oh, and dragging the mining equip from wp2 to 7 is fine for me, just hope outfitting at wp7 is possible after the cg2 ;)

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Looks like I will be mining after all!

How close is the nearest outfitting to the drop-off station?

This will determine if I can bring 16T or 32T cargo during the event.

We should have plenty of time to 1) get bugs worked out and 2) practice the new mining systems.

I note that defender is taken off of the jobs list, I may have to re-sign up for explorer and miner.

Now for the practical. You know that this event will attract the types who like to shoot at miners. A two week barrel of fish in open.

I will try my best to participate, already planned a mining fitted Anaconda for this exact thing which will later be swapped for the Cutter I registered.
Stage one tho will possibly in the week when I get my wisdom teeth removed (all 4 of them), so I'll have a lot of time to play and mine BUT propably won't be able to do news broadcasts about it on the radio :( (depends on how bad I'll feel)
Anyways I'm already hyped for it and was hoping the whole time that it's mining and not just cargo hauling :D

EDIT: All of the radio guys planned for mining equipment so there will be a DJ mining crew^^

Well, I'm not going to able to shoehorn mining equipment into my Fed Gunship! But, I see this as an opportunity for my alt-cmdrs to get involved in the expedition after all!

Well, I'm not going to able to shoehorn mining equipment into my Fed Gunship!

I just tried to shoehorn mining equipment into my Phantom build for the DWE2, and yeah it just ain’t easy. I don’t want to give up that much exploring potential just to mine for a bit.

Instead I’m going to rely on us hopefully being able to outfit and transfer modules to Waypoint 7 once we get there. To that end I’m going to get two builds ready for my Phantom: one for exploring and one for mining. Then I’ll store the mining modules in the bubble and (hopefully) pay to transfer them to the WP7 base once I arrive, and refit for mining there. After the CG is complete I’ll refit back to my exploration setup and continue on.

I’m looking forward to mining near the galactic core, that’s something I’ve never done before!!!

I think this just became a three-ship operation for me :D

I'm out at Colonia about to build a mining Python for what turns out to be Stage 2; then the plan was to come home and buy a Phantom for the main trip. Looks like I'll be needing another miner for Stage 1!

Think I'll take Binky. Now I have a use for a Krait Mk II and a Phantom :D:D:D

So much to do: Christmas is cancelled this year.

Then I’ll store the mining modules in the bubble and (hopefully) pay to transfer them to the WP7 base once I arrive, and refit for mining there.
Remember that transfer from the bubble will take about 72 hours, though if you're going to be there a few weeks that's not too big a problem.

So, as I understand, i have to rig my Type 9 for mining between waypoints 2 and 7? will we the big irons able to dock in the unfinished "structure" near the core?

will we the big irons able to dock in the unfinished "structure" near the core?

That's actually a good question, as there are a lot large ships going on the DWE2.

Will this core base be an outpost (small & medium docks only) or a station (large docks too)?

Greetings CMDRs, it is my first post on this awesome forum. I've been stalking this forum for almost two years now when playing ED on Xbox first, but lately I've switched over to PC.

Back to the point, I am willing to join the DWE2 expedition, especially to participate with the CG mentioned here, and finally reach the Beagle Point. I've read the official sticky DWE2 thread, but I did not found the answers to a few things that are keeping me from signing up.

Can you please tell me:
1 - due to my limited play time (because of RL) - about 2h a day + a little more during the weekend - I am afraid that I cannot keep up with the fleet - what is the daily/weekly distance to cover (or average distance between the waypoints and what is the time frame to reach the next waypoint) ?

2 - what if I cannot keep up with the pace and I will stay behind? Will I be expelled from the expedition?

3 - I want to take a Krait Phantom on the journey, but due to its limited optional slots I cannot outfit him (or her?) for exploration (my favourite) and mining for the CG - someone has asked this question earlier so there will be an outfitting in the newly constructed port - will I be able to ditch my Collector and Prospector limpets cotrollers, Refinery and such for a 4G SRV hangar and some AFMU? Or do I need to transfer those to SagA*?

More questions to come :)

PS. Sorry for my poor English as I am not a native speaker.

PS2: And what is with the random question while posting the reply? Bot guard or something?

Regards
Gimp

Hmmm... I've been debating building a T10 miner, and if we could possibly ship it to the station for the CGs I'd absolutely do that. As is my ExploraVette is pretty well finalized in it's build and there's not much wiggle room for changes. But, if I could get a second ship out there I'll eat that 150M transfer fee in a heart beat. XD

Can you please tell me:
1 - due to my limited play time (because of RL) - about 2h a day + a little more during the weekend - I am afraid that I cannot keep up with the fleet - what is the daily/weekly distance to cover (or average distance between the waypoints and what is the time frame to reach the next waypoint) ?

2 - what if I cannot keep up with the pace and I will stay behind? Will I be expelled from the expedition?

These first two are easy. No, you won't be expelled. People can lag behind all they want. The weekly pace will be an average of about 4500 to 5000 lightyears per week. Most ships can cover that in a few hours with light exploring along the way. It may take longer if you do more thorough exploration.

Ok, been messing around with setting up a T10 for the CGs that I'm thinking I'll drop in Colonia ahead of stuff and then ship it.

Anyways, here's what I've got: https://s.orbis.zone/14pg

A few comments on it... the extra Mining Lasers are taking the place of the new mining weapons and the empty utility spot is for the new scanner. The extra weapons and SLFs are "just in case" for gankers. How does it look for the CG and what we're going to need?

Top Bottom