[DW2] Community Goals

Some go searching for disappointments, and they find them. Think I'll carry on looking for wonders ;)

For a tiny fraction of the time we all spent mining ton after ton after ton after ton, you'd think FD could design and implement SOMETHING.....ANYTHING that would feel new and wonderous to reward their hard working and dedicated commanders. Something that would make us feel like 'Hey, that's amazing....we all helped build THAT'

Guess that is a way too large of an expectation of this company at this time. Such an excellent opportunity blown yet again.

I'd have thought that the shipyard would be introduced next week, when the station is complete. At least we were able to hand in our exploration data before the CG started - and with my losing a ship to the station gunners (which made me laugh out loud) I'd have been a bit less jovial if I was still carrying around over 500 million of exploration data as well as the 14 million rebuy!

I'll look forward to revisiting the station on my way back from the bubble with my Phantom, hopefully then they would have found all the shiny bits and the paint so that the station doesn't look like any other tired extraction station (I doubt that).

It is a bit sad that the station was the result of a lot of community time being spent and no effort appears to have been made by the developers to celebrate that accomplishment.

Tio be fair, nobody promised me a rose garden shipyard. It's not a huge deal for me. Three hours to Jaques and slightly less than that back. I'm just finding lately that my enthusiasm bone is running out of steam :(

Got to get on though. If I miss the stage 3 launch I'll start to feel like I'm dropping behind, and we can't have that sort of thing :)

By the way, what sort of ship do you need to reach Peak? I was looking last night and I couldn't find a single star within 300LY of it!

Last edited:
Some choices for Explorers Anchorage are a bit questionable. They have a FSD Interdictor and Hatch Breaker Limpet Controller for sale, both of which should be of no use to an explorer. However, a Repair Limpet Controller, which is very useful out there, is missing.

As for the interior, a tourism or even just a standard version would have been a lot nicer.

In the end it was fun and I made a beer-run back to Colonia to get my ship ready for the long haul out to Beagle Point.

Some choices for Explorers Anchorage are a bit questionable. They have a FSD Interdictor and Hatch Breaker Limpet Controller for sale, both of which should be of no use to an explorer. However, a Repair Limpet Controller, which is very useful out there, is missing.

As for the interior, a tourism or even just a standard version would have been a lot nicer.

In the end it was fun and I made a beer-run back to Colonia to get my ship ready for the long haul out to Beagle Point.

I think the Industrial interior reflects the mining nature of the CG. You never know, something more appropriate may appear next Thursday (after we've all gone).

I'm about 4000LY into my "beer-run" though sadly the RL booze has just run out :(

They have a FSD Interdictor and Hatch Breaker Limpet Controller for sale, both of which should be of no use to an explorer.
Which is a pity, because they *should* be. At least Research Limpets have a bit of use to an explorer after 3.3 - but it could go much further.

Imagine finding a derelict ship floating in deep space, using hatchbreakers to get the black box, and returning it to a station for a major reward - or reading it for a clue to a more significant discovery.

Or some sort of natural phenomenon / creature in supercruise that can be interdicted and sampled. Or maybe an exploration use for an interdictor to establish some sort of "hyperspace anchor" which can be used to assist jumps back to a system later - like FSD Boost Synthesis, but in reverse.

I'm out of Sagittarius A by 5k, does anyone know if there has been a neutron route posted. As I have a number of them ready for the group since I have not been able to be registered for DW2 it's the least I can do. Where should I post it?

how many days after a CG ends do you have to collect the tier award? I think I missed out. I was in the top 25% on sunday and left for a business trip for a week. logged in today and the CG is gone on the mission board and in my ship left panel. damn!

how many days after a CG ends do you have to collect the tier award? I think I missed out. I was in the top 25% on sunday and left for a business trip for a week. logged in today and the CG is gone on the mission board and in my ship left panel. damn!

You'll get it magically appear in your account after 2 weeks have passed since the end of the CG.

Stage 5 of construction is now complete.

j6SERnh.jpg

Top Bottom