Community guests at FD HQ on 27th for Q4 news

"Today is one of those exciting days that you hear about from time to time! We've got a small group of community guests coming to see some of the pre-alpha Chapter 4 content we've been working on, before the beta rolls out "soon"."

https://twitter.com/edwardclewis/status/1045232958410551297

Will be interesting to see if the outlook of some of the streamers changes at all ;)
It'll be a powerpoint presentation.
with coffee, orange juice and mini Danish pastries.

If there is any stock, there will also be Frontier headed notepaper and a Frontier pencil, that can be taken away.

Do we know who went? Did Yamiks go. :rolleyes:

So maybe :

- OA
- Scott Manley?
- DJ Truthsayer?

Though not sure if they'd do predominently Twitch streamers.

Yamiks would be a good one, travel costs prolly a bit too much tho.

So maybe :

- OA
- Scott Manley?
- DJ Truthsayer?

Yamiks should have his own line of ship skins at the FDev store to fund his visits to FDev. They'll probably all be purple and look like marital aids.

"Today is one of those exciting days that you hear about from time to time! We've got a small group of community guests coming to see some of the pre-alpha Chapter 4 content we've been working on, before the beta rolls out "soon"."

https://twitter.com/edwardclewis/status/1045232958410551297

Will be interesting to see if the outlook of some of the streamers changes at all ;)
...they lost me at "exciting".

Been there, got the T-Shirt, learned my lessons ;)

PS.
I still remember when they invited Obsidian Ant and abused the guy as a PR mouthpiece "see? over 100 guys working on ELITE * 11!!1!one" when in reality they were already deep in maintenance mode with ELITE.
(* working? Yep... on JWE that was)

I don't care what they say, I reserve my judgment exclusively by what they actually do and physically deliver.

Last edited:

So maybe :

- OA
- Scott Manley?
- DJ Truthsayer?

I know OA is there.

So maybe :

- OA
- Scott Manley?
- DJ Truthsayer?

To be fair, Riga - London during this time of year is quite affordable. Knowing it from experience.

...they lost me at "exciting".

Been there, got the T-Shirt, learned my lessons ;)

PS.
I still remember when they invited Obsidian And and abused the guy as a PR mouthpiece "see? over 100 guys working on ELITE * 11!!1!one" when in reality they were already deep in maintenance mode with ELITE.
(* working? Yep... on JWE that was)

I don't care what they say, I reserve my judgment exclusively by what they actually do and physically deliver.
I saw the posting at Central Casting -

"looking for nerdy developer neck beard types. Must be able to look busy at a computer like that hacker montage from Swordfish"

If he is in the UK he will definitely be there.
So possibly :

- OA ✔
- Malic ✔
- Scott Manley ?
- Yamiks ?
- DJ Truthsayer?

I'm tempted to suggest they might throw a random Kolo in there, but she's just Twitch isn't she and also not really much of a "news" type of streamer either.

Then I spose you have Kate Russell too though she doesn't do much ED anymore does she?

Also the Lave Radio guys? Dunno.

Last edited:
I was one of the people invited before 2.4 as well.

It was a great experience overall. Being ale to shake DB's hand and ask him to sign my copy of First Encounters... wow. Quite humbling must say. BUT! What were were shown for 2.4 and what we were told about was very hyped up. Which made be being very hyped up about 2.4 and the whole Return of Thargoids. The exact words "return of the worst enemy in the history of video games" were used when they were describing 2.4 to us in the office.

The way the "war" was implemented eventually left me EXTREMELY disappointed. To the point that I took 8 months break from the game, as I couldn't stand it.

Therefore I wouldn't pay too much attention to the "exciting stuff" and the hype of the invited guests - speaking from experience :)

I have adopted "wait and see" attitude since then. I have also not spend any money in their store since then (apart from couple of iridescent paint jobs, they were nice indeed).
So did you get to see the entire 100 man team back then? All 100 of them?

Top Bottom