Community guests at FD HQ on 27th for Q4 news

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Pretty sure all hidden behind an NDA. Otherwise we'd all see it.

What happened the last time some 'influencers' were invited to FD for tea and crumpets and a look at upcoming game play?

Nothing.. we were told 'its awesome'... Still waiting for it.

Pretty sure OA made positive noises after the 2.4 preview - and I don't recall him getting any stick when some were underwhelmed. Most can understand the difference between the press & the thing they report on.

And the one thing we can be sure of - Q4 will be both ripped to shreds and loved to bits, we have a very even-handed community :D

I was one of the people invited before 2.4 as well.

It was a great experience overall. Being ale to shake DB's hand and ask him to sign my copy of First Encounters... wow. Quite humbling must say. BUT! What were were shown for 2.4 and what we were told about was very hyped up. Which made be being very hyped up about 2.4 and the whole Return of Thargoids. The exact words "return of the worst enemy in the history of video games" were used when they were describing 2.4 to us in the office.

The way the "war" was implemented eventually left me EXTREMELY disappointed. To the point that I took 8 months break from the game, as I couldn't stand it.

Therefore I wouldn't pay too much attention to the "exciting stuff" and the hype of the invited guests - speaking from experience :)

I have adopted "wait and see" attitude since then. I have also not spend any money in their store since then (apart from couple of iridescent paint jobs, they were nice indeed).

It was a great experience overall. Being ale to shake DB's hand and ask him to sign my copy of First Encounters... wow. Quite humbling must say. BUT! What were were shown for 2.4 and what we were told about was very hyped up. Which made be being very hyped up about 2.4 and the whole Return of Thargoids. The exact words "return of the worst enemy in the history of video games" were used when they were describing 2.4 to us in the office.

The way the "war" was implemented eventually left me EXTREMELY disappointed. To the point that I took 8 months break from the game, as I couldn't stand it.

Therefore I wouldn't pay too much attention to the "exciting stuff" and the hype of the invited guests - speaking from experience :)

Repped for the reality check.

Someone shoot OA an email and ask him to make a quick assessment of how many pizzas were ordered for the Atmosphere and Legs Departments, respectively. Even offer to deliver them in person ;)

I have adopted "wait and see" attitude since then. I have also not spend any money in their store since then (apart from couple of iridescent paint jobs, they were nice indeed).

I was just looking for a way to say the same thing...

2.4 was, IIRC, the update that elevated the phrase "Mysterious Things" to meme status.
In practical terms, it was the update that gave us thargoid USSs and station attacks on a Thursday.

I suppose that, on an initial viewing, fighting goids and burning stations probably seemed quite impressive - although how anybody could have known about thargoid USSs and not thought that was halfassed escapes me.

It'll be quite interesting to see what sort of comments we get from today's visitors.

I remember the last time they did this....everyone said it was going to be great....and most of it turned out to be minor features amd badly implemented, seldom used, sounds good on paper type stuff.

What we got was the tencent annoucement, folliwed by JP, and then passenger missions (which essentially broke payouts for all other missions to this day), mulicrew and NPC crew (with fighters and crews you had to pay to fly your ships instead of doing it yourself), and a completely segmented game with Thargoids (segmented because it requires a completely different loadout opening you up the exciting new emergent content of getting picked off while complete defenseless).

Oh yeah we also got new megaship interactions which WOULD be fun if not for the new wonderful C&P system that requires an NPC lawyer in one of your MC seats and ruins any fun it may have been and the ridiculously low rewards..

Last edited:
To be fair, I think they are only getting to see it 1 week before the stream that should show the beta itself?

No, next week is a bug hunt stream which has nothing to do with 3.3. Sometime after that we will be getting streams talking about 3.3 and maybe even showing things, so not until mid October at the earliest. And sometime after even that we’ll be getting the beta, most likely end of October or early November.

That’s the timeframe as currently laid out by Frontier, unless they revise it after now.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
No, next week is a bug hunt stream which has nothing to do with 3.3. Sometime after that we will be getting streams talking about 3.3 and maybe even showing things, so not until mid October at the earliest. And sometime after even that we’ll be getting the beta, most likely end of October or early November.

That’s the timeframe as currently laid out by Frontier, unless they revise it after now.

Pretty sure tonight is the Bug Hunt and next week is 3.3 showcase.

Have to make sure those effortless and free publicity generators content creators are nicely sweetened before Q.4's stuff turns up, eh.
One hand washes the other.

Last week Will said:
The next livestream will be on 4 October (possibly the next installment of the Big Bug Hunt), and the livestreams in the following weeks will be focused on Beyond - Chapter Four. More details announced soon.
so yes looks like bug hunt next week. So 2 weeks for the beta stream?

1 week was acceptable. 2 weeks? DOOMED!

:D

Top Bottom