Community guests at FD HQ on 27th for Q4 news

Deleted member 110222

D
Not gonna' lie.

This news really put me off playing Elite tonight.

In fact I'm looking at other MMO's right now.

Can we please have an "Excite-o-meter" somewhere at the top of the forum? Then we can just take a peek at that instead of having to read posts and tweets about how excited everyone at FDev is.

if we do, I want Yamiks to design it....cause I think the way he would express an excite-o-meter is probably exactly what we're all thinking.

This.

It's advertising guys, nothing else.

Ugh, well it's got the same effect on me as the commercials you see on tv,.........interrupting the movie you're watching.
I wonder if they show off some pictures to the invitees from the Iceplanets and Fleetcarriers that aren't coming,.........guess not.

I also wonder if those guys will report back here just as excited as the last time, and how much of that excitement will be followed up in the actual Q4 update.

I think the clue might be somewhere in this picture
Only if you consider youtube subscriber count to be a meaningful achievement. Personally I don’t find a statistic that can be achieved by anyone with a camcorder, a cat, and a Roomba to be significant.

Only if you consider youtube subscriber count to be a meaningful achievement. Personally I don’t find a statistic that can be achieved by anyone with a camcorder, a cat, and a Roomba to be significant.

But the youtube channels have reach, influence. Obviously.

Cheap, effective, PR.

Well I hope Fdev and the couple special snowflakes have an exciting time.

Imho it's just a kick in the teeth for those who are so eager to learn more about the Q4 update.

There's a rumor OA didn't attend after all. Apparently, after signing his NDA he said, "I'm just going for a leak" and security marched him out of the building.

He has visited FD multiple times and he has never done that.

Somehow I wish he would confirm this himself. This doesn't sound like him at all. He haven't leaked information even in private conversations.

He has visited FD multiple times and he has never done that.

Somehow I wish he would confirm this himself. This doesn't sound like him at all. He haven't leaked information even in private conversations.

You aren't aware of the English expression, going for a leak then? It means going for a pee.

I know you said you're having a grumpy day, but is that really how you read this? How is this lying for example?

Lying? Last time they pulled this stunt, it was designed to hype up the return of the Thargoids. What actually happened? Sure, they returned, but nothing new was actually added - except a couple of new targets to shoot at. The possibilities were endless, and the hype generated by the closed event was designed to drive sales and media interest into what turned out to be absolutely nothing.

So yes. Lying.

Lying? Last time they pulled this stunt, it was designed to hype up the return of the Thargoids. What actually happened? Sure, they returned, but nothing new was actually added - except a couple of new targets to shoot at. The possibilities were endless, and the hype generated by the closed event was designed to drive sales and media interest into what turned out to be absolutely nothing.

So yes. Lying.

to be fair, they came back as scripted encounters that nobody could interact with in any way whatsoever. Although pretty cool for 25 seconds it was hardly face-melting.

Hi everyone, I'm finally back at a hotel room. I have ~25mins of free wifi. Waddya want to know?

P.S. my earlier photo was not intended to be a space legs hint, we've only seen Q4 content today.

I'm happy (but I'm always happy ... draw what conclusions you will from that)

I am at a lose to work out why so many are upset about this visit. FD have invited groups before, and no doubt they will do it again in the future. So what that they invited a bunch of talking heads from YouTube, they had to select a group from somewhere, maybe next time they will select a bunch of posters from here, who knows and who cares!

And the visit won't change the outlook of the invitees either, whether they are White Knights or toxic Doom and Gloomers, what they say on their channels won't change because they have a fair idea what their subscribers want to hear. Lets say one of the invitees is ultra toxic, always finding fault in everything FD does. If they suddenly start sprouted how magnificent FD is, their subscribers will drop as a result. Likewise if someone was never critical of FD but suddenly started to rant and rave about the company, they would lose subscribers faster than a newbie can lose their first Anaconda.

The invitees won't be releasing a 'tell all' clip because they would have signed an NDA, they may hint that 'big things are coming' but are hopefully smart enough to know the consequences of breaking the NDA.

Top Bottom