Community Meeting Efteling 2019

Efteling is indeed a fantastic park!

Look for a group of enthusiastic people (some will be wearing Planet Coaster T-shirts) in front of the entrance around 09:30 - 10:00 AM. We will enter the park at 10:00 AM. You're welcome to join us. :)
I saw you guys around, but decided not to make myself known because I had a wicked migraine until about 3pm. I hope you guys had so much fun!

Wow, that was a pretty mindblowing event, glad i joined in! Like, really glad! I wish i could have gotten to know more people in the group and i'm not very good at names and smalltalk, but i hope i was somewhat enjoyable company, too. :alien:
Been a bit tired in the morning, and overworked. Then i came almost late, too! aaand i still had to get my Ticket, so i held up everyone (Great job Arti!(y)), sorry for that :confused:

My favourite memories from the weekend (and there are lots, so this is just a small and very selective rundown)

I felt really privileged to having talked to @AndyC1 in a , to me, mindblowing conversation (imagine talking about all the nerdy PlanCo stuff while riding Coasters)
He's such a great guy! I'm grateful an amazing talent like him has worked on PlanCo (and many other favourite titles)
No game is perfect, obviously, but without ridiculously high skilled people like him.. ha! Good luck with making anything remotely as good as games in the Planet Series!

I've also had the privilege to meet and ride rides with @Joël @WingardiumLevicoaster @Vampiro @Bo Marit & @Chante Goodman (Frontier)
and @Nemmie @Crowdpleaser @Guitar_Sly @Games4Tom (Community) and so many other great people, i had an awesome time and i'm really glad i didn't miss this. :p
This was the first time in a long time i could actually enjoy myself again, thanks to amazing company. I hope to meet you all again next year! :)

THANK YOU!

PS: If you read this and haven't been to this or any previous annual Meetup, you should definetly join the next one!

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I'll see if I can post some pictures later today. :)

We've had a wonderful time in Efteling and it was great to meet so many members of the community again.

I had unfortunetely just only a very short time to say Hello, because I wasn't alone. It's hard to imagine how many people come together there every year. Good preparation Joël.
We had a great day in the park too.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I love what you did with that photo, @ArtiX . It looks amazing!!!

I look forward to what you're going to do with the other group picture, as soon as I've shared it on the forums, which hopefully should be tonight. :)

I love what you did with that photo, @ArtiX . It looks amazing!!!

I look forward to what you're going to do with the other group picture, as soon as I've shared it on the forums, which hopefully should be tonight. :)

No rush there :)

Thanks @all ^^
I'll see what i can do with the other picture, since this was just a little idea scribble fun-thingie, the new one will look a little more sophisticated hopefully.

I have my PC game collection once again dedusted and found this old sweetheart from 2007. The gameplay is very little similar to RCT3 . . . . as said very little. After all, the game was released 10 years before the first Planet Coaster Community Meeting. And the pubisher was ... Atari.

7TBuhku.jpg

I just wanted to introduce the game here, because I think that most Planet Coaster players (and probably also many old RCT3 rabbits) didn't know about the existence of this game at all.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I have my PC game collection once again dedusted and found this old sweetheart from 2007. The gameplay is very little similar to RCT3 . . . . as said very little. After all, the game was released 10 years before the first Planet Coaster Community Meeting. And the pubisher was ... Atari.

7TBuhku.jpg

I just wanted to introduce the game here, because I think that most Planet Coaster players (and probably also many old RCT3 rabbits) didn't know about the existence of this game at all.
Thank you for sharing that game here. I have never played Efteling Tycoon but I do know of its existence.

I have just done a bit of research and I’ve come to the conclusion that even back in 2007 the publisher committed to the same practices as they do now with more recent games... sigh...

It can still be a nice game even if only for the nostalgic memories. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like a great game when it comes to how it actually plays, imho.

Nice find! Have fun if you’re planning on playing Efteling Tycoon, Spanky!

Top Bottom