Community Meeting Safaripark Beekse Bergen 2019

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hayo fellow zookeepers!

I am aware that this announcement is very late and doesn't give much time to join in, but I wanted to share it anyway to give anyone the opportunity to join if they are able to.

On Sunday 13 October we are going to have a Community Meeting with fellow Planet Zoo players in Safaripark Beekse Bergen, a safari-type zoo located near Tilburg, The Netherlands.

We are looking forward to have a wonderful day in this magnificent park, where we will enjoy the animals, take photos, talk about Planet Zoo and just have an awesome time together.

Information about the meet-up
  • Everyone is responsible for their own costs, such as entrance ticket (online price: €24.00, park entrance price: €26.00) and parking (€9.50 per car).
  • There are 4 ways of discovering the park
    • Bus Safari
    • Boat Safari
    • Car Safari
    • Walking Safari
  • You are free to bring your own food and drinks. Some members prefer to bring their own food/drinks, other members prefer buying food/drinks in the park. There will be opportunities for both.
  • We will meet everyone at the entrance of the zoo at 10:00 AM local time (CEST), after which we will choose our first safari.
  • We will pick other safaris as the day progresses.
Most of the members joining us (currently 25) are members of DeLadysigner Discord, but you're more than welcome to join us without being a member of her Discord. We have already had a few amazing meet-ups in Dutch zoos earlier this year, such as in Burgers' Zoo (Arnhem) including a very nice tour behind the scenes, Diergaarde Blijdorp (Rotterdam Zoo) and Ouwehands Dierenpark (Rhenen).

Information about the Car Safari
  • Currently there are 25 members who are joining us. For the Car Safari we currently have a total of 31 seats available spread over multiple cars, so everyone currently joining us has a seat for the Car Safari with our own cars.
  • Cars entering the park may have to show their entrance ticket, so please keep your entrance ticket with you until the day is over.
  • The Car Safari consists of 2 parts. Part 1 is from the entrance to the backside of the park. In the backside of the park is a large circular parking lot, where you can leave the car and enter the park on foot. There is a restaurant and toilets, so it is a suitable spot for taking a break. Part 2 is from the backside of the park back to the entrance
General park information
Safaripark Beekse Bergen website: English | Dutch
Opening times during the community meeting: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM local time (CEST)
Download the park map here: link.
Interactive park app with park map and audio tour for the car tour: link.

Discounted tickets
You can buy online tickets for Safaripark Beekse Bergen for discounted prices.
  • The official website of Beekse Bergen currently has a discount of 25%: link.
  • Members of the ANWB (Royal Dutch Touring Club) can get discounted tickets here: link.

Don't worry if can't make it this time. We are planning on organising more Community Meetings in (Dutch / Belgian) zoos in the year 2020! Those will be announced well in advance here on the forums. We might even consider organising special activities if the zoos have opportunities for those, if possible in cooperation with the zoos.

Feel free to reply to this thread if you have any questions about this Community Meeting or if you have an idea for a future meet-up!

I'm looking forward to meet fellow members of the community!

Joël 🦁

Damn. If only this announcement came one week earlier. I'm going over the channel, but now that my plans are set I won't find the time. :(

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks everyone who joined us for our Planet Zoo Community Meeting in Safaripark Beekse Bergen today. It was lovely meeting all of you and we had a great day together! 💛
We managed to see baby cheetahs 🐆 and a baby red panda 🥰

C2Sal5k.jpg

Top Bottom