News Community Update - 3.3.02

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

Thank you so much for your feedback since the launch of Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Four, we’re thrilled to hear that people are enjoying the new features!

We are planning to release the next Elite Dangerous bug-fixing patch (3.3.02) tomorrow (17 January) at 09:45 UTC. We wanted to identify a few issues that the patch will aim to resolve. Please keep in mind that we’ve worked hard to prioritise problems that affect the largest number of players, and we thank you for your patience while we continue to identify further issues and work to fix bugs that may have received fewer reports or are less severe. The below information does not contain the full list, which you can find here.

We have already released server-side fixes for some of the widely-reported problems including game freezes and lockups.

Here are just some of the issues we've addressed:

• Numerous fixes for game crashes and freezes.
  • Corrected issues where leaving a Conflict Zone and rejoining it could lead to players not being able to choose a side to fight for.
  • Increased ship storage to 40 ships per port.
  • Ongoing efforts to balance the Background Simulation in regards to the way states impact influence, economy and security.
  • And more... which you can find here!
Thanks again for your continued feedback, support and patience. Please keep the bug reports and feedback coming through, as they have been invaluable in creating the smoothest play experience for all.

"We have already released server-side fixes for some of the widely-reported problems including game freezes and lockups. "

I think you have more work to do on this. I'm not getting anymore long freezes but now getting quite a few micro freezes.

loose eta

thx for the news will. anybody got a loose initial estimate as to how long the servers are gonna be down?

Last edited:
Will there be an ED livestream today?
would kinda hear a few words from the officials about the horrible screen-color-tinting and other things that had been implemented in 3.3

"We have already released server-side fixes for some of the widely-reported problems including game freezes and lockups. "

I think you have more work to do on this. I'm not getting anymore long freezes but now getting quite a few micro freezes.

Reading the patch notes it seems that there are more stability fixes coming with this patch. Maybe those resolve your micro freezes. Wait until the update is live and check again to see if the issue persists.

Patch all done downloading and get a “Update Failed” message.
Trying again.

EDIT: 2nd try apparently successful.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update! As soon as I'm with less work I hope to have time to check it up soon... someday... maybe next month... T_T

Top Bottom