ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update - January 3306

I wasn't to bothered to begin with about the CGs and II going on Hiatus to begin with. Those bug Fixes are important because some of the ones marked as fixed (Thinking about the Thargoid and Station Fix ones) were stopping people playing the game.

However, since then it's vague whether CGs or IIs are coming back later. To me, that sounds like they've cancelled them and hoping that we won't miss them after Fleet Carriers come out. Seriously hoping the 'New Era' stuff is going to be worth it.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hi Stephen - great news - I can't wait for the large update.

Just one small point of order - Ed Lewis always used to gives us loads of hints, early screen grabs, small videos, project plans and source code, normally around 8-9 months ahead of any major update. Just sayin'. Don't bother checking with Zac. He'll be busy. Just email it all to me and I'll do the rest. Ta muchly.

Cheeky. :D

Does Stephen's reply mean there will be no Galnet articles for the next six months? 😜

Putting on my wild speculation hat: it depends on what content is in the game (or will be put in via 14 Jan and later patches). So currently we have the Palin Thargoid hybrid ship still a loose end, and whatever else is yet to be triggered.

A non-descript room contained a small group, sitting on chairs placed in a circle facing towardseach other. One of the group stood:
"Hello. My name is commander mumble, mumble and I play Elite Dangerous."

A swiftly stifled gasp ran around the room followed by an awkward silence. The commander continued:
"It used to be so great, so full of potential, I thought we had a great future together. But now I'm just ... disappointed".

Another tired, weary voice joined in; "Let it all out man, we know just how you feel, we've all been there." Murmours of sympathy from other Star Citizen players rose and fell away.
"It was the opposite for me", piped up a cheery voice from the lone NMS player, "I started off really disappointed, but now it's great!".

"Shut up!" said everyone else.
The room faded from view.

Why the long faces?

We are getting the January update as promised, actually in January (despite the happy souls who insisted otherwise), and it is doing exactly as we were told, incorporating bug fixes - not new content (unless they smugly surprise us all) - and will hopefully not break more than it fixes.

As you may gather, I really don't mind - My X52 died and I bought an X56, it'll take me a couple of months to 'git gud' with all the new bindings to sort out (and 'new' muscle memory) :giggle:

Nice to hear the update is imminent @Stephen Benedetti - I'll look forward to the patch notes appearing in due course. Thanks.

Because patching a bugged product is being dressed up as an update.
I guess that illustrates perfectly the difference between optimist and pessimist.
I'm one of the 'odd' people who enjoy playing ED as it is today, not lamenting on what it should, or could, have been. I have a list of things 'to do' that gets more added than removed. Granted I've played less than 2 years so am still a n00b :)

Perhaps some would be happier if they didn't bother and let the game die?

Because patching a bugged product is being dressed up as an update.

I've had this game since early 2015 & seen a lot of updates. The headline feature isn't usually what I have appreciated the most, it's the QoL updates.

Plus we get to play a guessing game of which old bugs will return (raining skimmers maybe? :)) and that's gameplay right there ;)

Seriously Horizons is feature complete. At this stage unless the customer has paid for more after Horizons there is no reasonable expectation of any more than maintenance, which is mostly what this is as you say.

Top Bottom