ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update July 2020

It's WAAAY too late now, but if Fdev had have made carriers an in-game NPC Environment feature, then there would only need to be the occasional carrier or two in a system, and everyone would be welcome to visit it, much like a station, and they randomly spawn/generate/populate, whatever, in any given system.

This way, you don't get:
..an absolute haystack flustercuck of random named sources, that are distracting and smothered all over your POI-laden scanned planet that you are trying to survey.
You don't get people exploiting the game to the point of completely breaking it. (players with a Fleet Carrier now have a MASSIVE advantage over players without- (thanks for bringing class system to ED, Fdev.. smh/EYEROLLINGHARD). Now everyone else has been impoverished and has literally NO chance of crossing that class divide between ''have's'' and ''have-not's''.

You don't have a need for players to wreck the game yet again by buying up all the available resources in a public trade hub, or sucking dry a planet and/or ring of resources, so there's nothing left for other players who eventually get there in their run-down beaten up DBX, trying to get a few CRs scraped together for a new ship, let alone a Fleet carrier, (let's face it, dreams of a fleet carrier are gonna always be dreams to the Nerf-impoverished now).

You wouldn't have to have all this nerfing going on in the first place!!!!!

TL;DR
Fdev should have made Fleet Carriers NPC based much like how space stations are. Then there would have been new content and not a gold rush to break the game open like an egg- forcing Fdev to have to nerf the hell out of it, causing massive grief and game-blocking headache for everyone else. <Takes a breath>

It's WAAAY too late now, but if Fdev had have made carriers an in-game NPC Environment feature, then there would only need to be the occasional carrier or two in a system, and everyone would be welcome to visit it, much like a station, and they randomly spawn/generate/populate, whatever, in any given system.

This way, you don't get:
..an absolute haystack flustercuck of random named sources, that are distracting and smothered all over your POI-laden scanned planet that you are trying to survey.
You don't get people exploiting the game to the point of completely breaking it. (players with a Fleet Carrier now have a MASSIVE advantage over players without- (thanks for bringing class system to ED, Fdev.. smh/EYEROLLINGHARD). Now everyone else has been impoverished and has literally NO chance of crossing that class divide between ''have's'' and ''have-not's''.

You don't have a need for players to wreck the game yet again by buying up all the available resources in a public trade hub, or sucking dry a planet and/or ring of resources, so there's nothing left for other players who eventually get there in their run-down beaten up DBX, trying to get a few CRs scraped together for a new ship, let alone a Fleet carrier, (let's face it, dreams of a fleet carrier are gonna always be dreams to the Nerf-impoverished now).

You wouldn't have to have all this nerfing going on in the first place!!!!!

TL;DR
Fdev should have made Fleet Carriers NPC based much like how space stations are. Then there would have been new content and not a gold rush to break the game open like an egg- forcing Fdev to have to nerf the hell out of it, causing massive grief and game-blocking headache for everyone else. <Takes a breath>
Buying out all resources? Sucking a planetary ring dry? I'm noooot entirely sure you know how this game works, man...

@Khoraak
When the Game was released there was so little Credits to make i flew
A Sidewinder for 2 Weeks
A Hauler for 3 Weeks dm*damit
A Cobra for 3 Months
A Vulture for 3 Months
To shorten this it takes me over a Year to afford an Anaconda so please stop wining ^^
Now I can afford a Carrier but I make my money the last 5 years (including Alpha) see you in 5 years with you're own ;)

They may consider it now, thanks to the response from VR players who have made clear getting VR in everything up to first person would be an acceptable compromise
Response ? You mean they constantly whine,salted and play drama queens ? Then yes ^^
And maybe we find it out one day you where all right or even wrong ^^.
Got a Headset by myself btw, and just pretty ordered the Hp reverb 2 but you never hear me drama around ^^

We will as soon as we can - first info landing in August, then you will find it is more regular going forward! :)

-Arf
Before you get me excited talking about stuff that i cannot use for another 6 months, any chance you could talk about the stuff that is actually already released that i cannot use properly as it needs fixing/improving/imput?

That really would be exciting information indeed.

Response ? You mean they constantly whine,salted and play drama queens ? Then yes ^^
And maybe we find it out one day you where all right or even wrong ^^.
Got a Headset by myself btw, and just pretty ordered the Hp reverb 2 but you never hear me drama around ^^
It's not whining - it's making clear our position that this game benefits too much from VR to simply drop it.

Buying out all resources? Sucking a planetary ring dry? I'm noooot entirely sure you know how this game works, man...
The resources in the universe are shared in real-time.

Some interactive nodes are instanced to each player respectively, but the commodities and resources are server-wide. If you buy Tritium at a station just before I arrive, I will not find any Tritium left for me to buy. Even if I am playing in Solo-play, and you are in open play, it still registers because that part of the game is server-wide. It still works like this, doesn't it? I'm sure it does last time I checked :unsure: <_< ¬

@Khoraak
When the Game was released there was so little Credits to make i flew
A Sidewinder for 2 Weeks
A Hauler for 3 Weeks dm*damit
A Cobra for 3 Months
A Vulture for 3 Months
To shorten this it takes me over a Year to afford an Anaconda so please stop wining ^^
Now I can afford a Carrier but I make my money the last 5 years (including Alpha) see you in 5 years with you're own ;)
Hm..on release, :unsure: as I remember it, I did the same but I went straight from a Sidey to a Cobra and then the grind up to a Krait mk2. But I guess it depends on what you prefer. I too had to grind quite a bit to get to Anaconda, but it was DEFINITELY NOT a year mate.. Not sure what you were doing <_<

Hm..on release, :unsure: as I remember it, I did the same but I went straight from a Sidey to a Cobra and then the grind up to a Krait mk2. But I guess it depends on what you prefer. I too had to grind quite a bit to get to Anaconda, but it was DEFINITELY NOT a year mate.. Not sure what you were doing <_<
You remember very badly then. Krait Mk.II didn't come out until 3.1, so that would be 2018 . Based on this it took you four years to get one. This assumes you bought the Conda after the Krait, meaning it took you longer than that to actually purchase said Conda

Well, in 2015, Got from Sidewinder to Cobra, then Type6 and AspX... The next one was Python.
I mostly used my AspX and Python for years before grinding ranks for a Clipper then a Corvette.

Greetings Commanders,

With the announcement of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, we know you are excited and keen to learn more of whats to come.

Over the coming months we have some really exciting news and content to share with you. We will be kicking things off in August with a fantastic Developers Diary, which will show you some behind the scenes development of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

We can't wait to show you more and we are excited to share this epic journey with you.

o7 Commanders
Can't say that I would be interested in buying anything new from FD unless there is VR support, spent real money on ARX just because I 'thought' FD deserved it for getting the FC patch in, now I feel betrayed and cheated being left with a broken game. What's the point of saying you can play the game however you like, then impose restrictions. If you loose you user base, you will cease to exist.

Top Bottom