ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update July 2020

It's not about differing opinions, every community has that. I am also not complaining. I am merely pointing out in amusement how petty, sour, nihilistic and angsty-emo-teen this 'most mature community' is.

You know that one kid that would always intentionally throw the ball in the water when things didn't go his way, until he was confused why nobody wanted to play with him anymore? That's what this community is. Except Billy is now a bunch of 40+ year old dudes who really have little excuse for their behaviour. :)

It is about differing opinions, that was the point of your post ;)

I think different opinions about the game are interesting.

I think you are just generalising & not taking into account that different people fit into different demographics & most are not acting in a hypocritical way, they just don't all line up exactly with everyone elses.

I think this is quite a basic concept of demographics.

lol@ 1st page.

well, you actually made everything up but i get the joke. ha-ha. 🥴

actually, op is an announcement of an announcement in the finest frontier tradition, and most if not all the first 20 responses is the audience just cracking up. which is what i would expect, but whatever. more interestingly, though ...

You just know that when they post something about Oydssey next month, Reddit will talk about what they've seen. Meanwhile the responses here will be:

... you seem to have a strong opinon about human quality differences between elite's reddit and forum. it is worth of note that you do so precisely in a post making fun of 'teh community' in a quite generalizing, manipulative and sort of demeaning way. but homoristic licenses apart, who doesn't like a bit of irony! :p

anyway, fascinating ...
Please-tell-me-p4fxcq.jpg

It is about differing opinions, that was the point of your post ;)

I think different opinions about the game are interesting.

I think you are just generalising & not taking into account that different people fit into different demographics & most are not acting in a hypocritical way, they just don't all line up exactly with everyone elses.

I think this is quite a basic concept of demographics.

It's not about what opinion people have, but how to express them and when. It just amuses me but I am not going to spend the rest of my evening explaining it to you. :p

[...]
You just know that when they post something about Oydssey next month, Reddit will talk about what they've seen. Meanwhile the responses here will be:
[...]

Lol, why is there always this "forum vs Reddit" mentality? The overall mood is pretty much the same all the time for both of these communities, or rather two sites of the same community.

Lol, why is there always this "forum vs Reddit" mentality? The overall mood is pretty much the same all the time for both of these communities, or rather two sites of the same community.

I'm hoping that we are in for a tsunami of information and right now we are watching the tide go out.....but so far its very, very slow everywhere. Hardly any input here, very light livestreams, minimal information, fallout from tritium (as in, I logged in this AM and the first four topics were just about mining). If FD are intending to hype EDO this is a bad place to be starting from IMO because its relentless 'meh' and apathy now, and so easily fixed with minimal amounts of drip feeding.

I'd laugh myself silly if the new reveals are tied with Gamescon- because FD could have told us about 4 weeks ago exactly that rather than letting us all stew.
I'm not stewing, because, as others have pointed out, once we know, we still can't do anything with it. 2021 before any of it becomes really relevant.

I'm not stewing, because, as others have pointed out, once we know, we still can't do anything with it. 2021 before any of it becomes really relevant.

Its not that though, its smooth communication. You can cut out a lot of angst just by saying "we will have more information at Gamescon" rather than just saying "in August sometime"- that is, unless the detective work joining the events together is the content.

Its also knowing a full manifest of what is being added or updated. This does not have to be detailed, just something like "with Odyesey we will be updating all previous (1.1 - 3.6) content with new gameplay".

Its not that though, its smooth communication. You can cut out a lot of angst just by saying "we will have more information at Gamescon" rather than just saying "in August sometime"- that is, unless the detective work joining the events together is the content.

Its also knowing a full manifest of what is being added or updated. This does not have to be detailed, just something like "with Odyesey we will be updating all previous (1.1 - 3.6) content with new gameplay".
I don't disagree, but Frontier is the only entity that really suffers from restricted communication. I have come to accept this leopard isn't going to change its spots, so why waste energy on slightly indenting a brick wall.

ED is just a software toy to me, in which I very occasionally take a stroll. Maybe Odyssey will change that, if not there's plenty more fish in the sea (even for macOS gamers ;) )

I don't disagree, but Frontier is the only entity that really suffers from restricted communication. I have come to accept this leopard isn't going to change its spots, so why waste energy on slightly indenting a brick wall.

ED is just a software toy to me, in which I very occasionally take a stroll. Maybe Odyssey will change that, if not there's plenty more fish in the sea (even for macOS gamers ;) )

I agree, but to be frank I just find it frustrating. After waiting for eternity my patience is pretty much shot- and because of that ED has for me too become disposable after some really fun times. I think that frustration comes from FD just not learning and actually getting worse despite having more CMs.

That's the thing, it really isn't blackmail because I don't much care at the moment. The emotion center of my brain is saturated with excitement for Flight Simulator 2020. To be honest, my primary interest in Odyssey news at present is to help pass the time until August 18th arrives :D

I'm not saying that I'm uninterested in Odyssey in the grand scheme of things. MSFS will no doubt take me away for a few months, but "just flying" won't hold my attention forever. Maybe Microsoft should take a page out of Frontier's book and add an FPS to MSFS. At the very least, I could land a bush plane in Africa and hunt tigers or something! But until that day, Odyssey at least potentially has some gameplay to offer that MSFS doesn't.

I now have Space engineers and i will be buying Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Once i have that my FC will be decommissioned and i will leave the game until such time they issue a patch that works.

Oh you say that, but we know you'll be here however strained the relationship gets.
My time actually playing the game has decreased significantly in recent weeks, though this is just as much related to the time of year as it is the state of the game. The forum is different since I can access that whenever (usually when I should be working LOL), and up until this point ED has been the only game I've been interested in joining a forum for. But I am tempted to move over to a flight sim forum like AVSIM, especially once some creative tools (ability to customize scenery, for example) become available. And then there are games like Dual Universe and Starbase tempting me as well, both of which might have worthy forums. This forum is the last string in the rope that keeps me tied to ED on a daily basis, though Obsidian Ant and my Twitter feed will always make sure I have at least one toe in ED's shallow waters.

rope-last-string-stressed-2.jpg

I now have Space engineers and i will be buying Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
Excellent picks!

I know everybody is waiting for news on Odyssey, but I'd rather have news about features that definitely be in Odyssey than news the Star Citizen way: Hype. hype, hype and then constantly being delayed and delayed and delayed.

If that means that the news takes a little bit longer to appear, I'm fine with that. I'd rather be undersold and then pleasantly surprised than massively oversold and then disappointed with what is actually delivered. I'm looking at you Chris Roberts (how the heck can they get away with announcing a roadmap to delivering a roadmap for Squadron 42)!

There aren't as many people engaged with this forum as you might think. Mostly it's a clique of the same people, which is why you are noticing the Group-think environment.

Top Bottom