Compatibility between ED and ED:H in wings?

Hi @everybody,

As I can't find any answers through google, maybe someone here can help...
I have ED:Horizons and a friend of mine has got ED Basic (without Horizons).
Yesterday we tried to connect us in a Wing. We both got the message, that we were invited in a Wing, but did not found any way to accept the invitation.

Is it possible that we can't play together because he don't have Horizons?
Or is it, because he started ED for the very fist time and is located in the Starter-Cluster?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You should still be able to wing up with a non-Horizons player. I've done it before.

Beyond that, I am not certain.

Or is it, because he started ED for the very fist time and is located in the Starter-Cluster?
It is probably that or maybe just an "instancing" issue (due to the way Elite's networking is set up) and a third consideration is if perhaps you were in a Horizons-only ship (guesses). You should have no issues winging between ED:H and ED as Wings was an update in Elite Dangerous in version 1.2 way back in the dawn of time (OK - 2015).

It is probably that or maybe just an "instancing" issue (due to the way Elite's networking is set up) and a third consideration is if perhaps you were in a Horizons-only ship (guesses). You should have no issues winging between ED:H and ED as Wings was an update in Elite Dangerous in version 1.2 way back in the dawn of time (OK - 2015).
Hmm... I'm currenty flying a Cobra MK III...
I don't know if its a Horizon Ship...
We tried to wing in a private session and I did see his position on the galaxy map.

I'll provide some feedback, when we gave it another try.

Top Bottom