Competition details and rules

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
"RT for the chance to win @NVIDIAGeForce Titan Black Graphics Card. #EliteDangerousLaunch 16.12.14 - buy the game now www.elitedangerous.com"

Competition closes on 22nd December - one winner will be picked at random from both Facebook and Twitter. One card is being given away on Facebook and another is on Twitter - all you have to do is share the post on FB or Retweet on Twitter.

You may enter each competition, but only once per FB and Tweet.

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Oh go on then.... If I can find out how to retweet.....:rolleyes:

If only there was a way to participate without potentially being sucked in to the horrors of Facebook and Twitter with accounts that will be with me till the day I die and trawled over endlessly by future employers.... Sorry, I didn't notice I got on the soap box there.

Good luck everyone with the competition! :)

Thanks FDEV .. entered because this is not an upgrade .. but a start-grade :rolleyes:
Break a leg with launch tomorrow. Right On Commanders ...

Neither of those "social" medias have any draw for me, especially since they have gross security risks. So good luck to those who are the risk takers. Hope you don't get hacked. <grinning>

You do realise Ed. That a lot of older players, including myself will not use these so called social media sites. So this exludes us from this.

"RT for the chance to win @NVIDIAGeForce Titan Black Graphics Card. #EliteDangerousLaunch 16.12.14 - buy the game now www.elitedangerous.com"

Competition closes on 22nd December - one winner will be picked at random from both Facebook and Twitter. One card is being given away on Facebook and another is on Twitter - all you have to do is share the post on FB or Retweet on Twitter.

You may enter each competition, but only once per FB and Tweet.

Hey ED, links would help us old timers out quite a bit and generate a lot more coverage ;) I got it figured out the last time but, simple links would have made it a LOT easier. Thanks!

Last edited:
trawled over endlessly by future employers....

1. You don't have to give your employers (or the public) access to a facebook account.
2. You probably shouldn't say anything too self-incriminating on your twitter account (example)
3. If an employer forces you to provide access to your facebook, or judges you by your personal communications, perhaps you'd rather work for someone else?

SWAMM:
you have good points but at the organization that I worked(past tense) actually had in its non disclosure agreement that any and all social media accounts must be turned over with user names AND passwords. Any unauthorized disclosures were grounds for termination, no second chances. refusal to sign the NDC resulted in not being hired. It is amazing that people would sign this coercive type of document but there are those out there and it is amazing how they ignore it and then wonder why they got fired. You see, I was on the IT security team that monitored social media and email that came from the organization. any suspicious activity, we then went out to the home site and got in to see what was being spread from home. again, disclosure brought termination the next morning before the employee could sign in.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom