Parks Coney Island 1950!

I guess someone didn't pay attention during the training video!

jEAOIKX.jpg

I went to Coney one time 19 years ago. I enjoyed riding Dante’s Inferno (now dismantled) and Spook A Rama. We were only there an hour and moved on, we visited other area parks like Playland in Rye, Nellie Bly Park and Adventureland on Long Island. But the area where I live in eastern PA is getting overpopulated. I really like your Thunderbolt coaster that you released on the workshop. I might use the coaster in a fictitious seaside park. I’m getting the vintage pack as well. In my park I might build a Bill Tracy ride similar to your Haunted House ride but call it Whacky Shack. Yours and Fisherman’s parks are really good, though. I have asperger’s and autism so I tend to start a project and get bored with it after a while and not finish it. Real park recreations are hard especially of defunct parks or existing parks the way they were years ago, you have to research them and look on sites for pics and info. Some parks I started like Wildwood, NJ I went to several times over the years.

What a great looking park. Your park will go great with the new Vintage DLC. I myself is looking forward to the new Vintage DLC. I have big plans for it in my park. Keep up the great work.

I'm looking forward to see how much awesomeness the Vintage Pack adds to your park! I'm hoping the building pieces add a nice touch for my Magic Kingdom build as well.

Fantastic ride![happy]

Thank you! Glad you like it!

I went to Coney one time 19 years ago. I enjoyed riding Dante’s Inferno (now dismantled) and Spook A Rama. We were only there an hour and moved on, we visited other area parks like Playland in Rye, Nellie Bly Park and Adventureland on Long Island. But the area where I live in eastern PA is getting overpopulated. I really like your Thunderbolt coaster that you released on the workshop. I might use the coaster in a fictitious seaside park. I’m getting the vintage pack as well. In my park I might build a Bill Tracy ride similar to your Haunted House ride but call it Whacky Shack. Yours and Fisherman’s parks are really good, though. I have asperger’s and autism so I tend to start a project and get bored with it after a while and not finish it. Real park recreations are hard especially of defunct parks or existing parks the way they were years ago, you have to research them and look on sites for pics and info. Some parks I started like Wildwood, NJ I went to several times over the years.

Thanks! This park is so big, that I am never bored. I just move around from area to area or do research on the internet.

What a great looking park. Your park will go great with the new Vintage DLC. I myself is looking forward to the new Vintage DLC. I have big plans for it in my park. Keep up the great work.

Thanks! Yes, I am really looking forward to this new pack! I just wish we had a grand carousel! I'll be sure to check out your park!

I'm looking forward to see how much awesomeness the Vintage Pack adds to your park! I'm hoping the building pieces add a nice touch for my Magic Kingdom build as well.
I'll check out your park! I love Disney!

The pirates may get us! Look out!

MInLuWd.jpg

Coney has some flashy new coasters now, one of them is called Thunderbolt but it’s a metal looping coaster with a vertical lift and drop and single car trains. Joe Sitt about 10 years ago bought Astroland and forced it to close, he owns Thor Equities. Dreamland Park then Luna Park occupies that space. To me the area around Coney is ugly, big apartment blocks and stuff and the amusement area is run down. I’m sure 68 years ago Coney was different. There used to be 25 spook rides and three wood coasters, now there’s one of each. And the B&B carousel is preserved. I’m not sure if the Ghost Hole dark ride is still there, the operators were supposed to be kicked out for some walkway project. Spook A Rama is alive and well at Deno’s Wonder Wheel Park. I would prefer a nicer boardwalk area like Wildwood, NJ or Ocean City, NJ and MD.

Last edited:
At the end of the Bowery, on Kensington Walk, we would find ourselves in front of...

37evg4K.jpg

George Tilyou's Steeplechase Park!

wySS1nC.jpg

Closeup of the plasterwork;

LMG3ab7.jpg

Hard to believe it's been eight months since I posted on this thread! I had hit a wall with this park, where it was very difficult to build because of the lag and the sheer size of the bench.

So the combination of the latest update and my buying a new computer has led me to reopening this park. It now runs smooth as silk, and only slows down when I let in more than 6000 peeps, so I pretty pleased.

Anyway, a little new construction;

The real Clement Hotel and Crown Bar on 15th Street;

dAM0Vi5.jpg
pg[/img]

My version;

zYtATZ5.jpg

The fire house is next!

Here's just a few pics to remind you all of how big this sucker is;

The Hurricane on the boardwalk;

9j3EL2X.jpg

The Wonders of Fairy Land;

CvUMgMi.jpg

The Thunderbolt facade at night;

4tkYHZm.jpg

Tilt-A-Whirl and one of a dozen amusement parlors;

E0nx1oa.jpg

A Fascination parlor;

9LwuyFl.jpg

Thank you Fisherman for those wonderful games!

Miles of Boardwalk;

8MrMtzZ.jpg

Wagi created this beautiful recreation of the Childs bath house

apTbaeV.jpg

The real thing;

3NRa3sF.jpg

And in better days;

ZibxZJv.jpg

Rides literally crammed into every vacant lot;

iNkHKsG.jpg

The famous El Dorado bumper car building;

wZy9IW3.jpg

And finally, an overview of most of the bench;

MePOKjj.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Most guests got to Coney Island on the NYC subway system.

Brooklyn Mass Transit had four lines that all ran through Coney Island. Here's a shot of the station;

55370_ca_object_representations_media_855_original.png

Here's my version;

mxYsiWt.jpg

You may notice a name reference. Although this is the first I have let drop, they are all over Coney Island.

Closeup of the facade;

uw8tmKO.jpg

Interestingly, the city built a whole new station back in 2004, but they kept the stone facade;

stillwell-avenue-subway-station-coney-island-brooklyn-new-york-city-D5EJ51.jpg

There is a great news stand someone put out on the workshop/blueprint earlier that would look great in front of that shop out on the sidewalk.

I wish we could paint with ''Dirt'' and ''Cracks'' on walls and pavements, and any where we want.... Everything always looks so NEW

Making something that looks old and dirty and used, and beaten up would be super-great.
Now anything we build looks like it was built yeasterday, or one hour ago.

Stuff like this is Easy stuff for Frontier to do.
And i also want to paint with SNOW, and ICE...thank you!

I wish we could paint with ''Dirt'' and ''Cracks'' on walls and pavements, and any where we want.... Everything always looks so NEW

Making something that looks old and dirty and used, and beaten up would be super-great.
Now anything we build looks like it was built yeasterday, or one hour ago.

Stuff like this is Easy stuff for Frontier to do.
And i also want to paint with SNOW, and ICE...thank you!

you can achieve this older beat up look with skillful placing of billboards and using texture pictures to get this kind of fill. It can be done on walls and/or the ground.

Glad to see your back Citytrader and continuing on this park. You are doing an amazing job and now that your back I'll be watching for updates.

Top Bottom