Gemsbok
Gorilla
Leopard
Monkeys
Pangolin
Southern White Rhino
Sloth
other Snakes

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M2U3CVMKKVC8ezdbSm9ElOHAaSnd2rDHw2ED9kd8uDM/edit#gid=0
the source im getting this from

Last edited:
I wonder if we will be getting insect terrariums for dark areas in the Zoo. There is a park close to me that has a bat habitat which is located in a built cave, and it features Bats flying around, as well as little insects and water creatures like Frogs, and Spiders, Beetles, Cockroaches, ecttt

The animal list is solid so far, with the exception of the spider. I am totally fine with smaller terrariums or bird houses as long as they don't count towards our 50 animal count Frontier listed. If we get 50 large, interesting, AI driven creatures (your elephants, rhinos, penguins, tigers, etc) with spiders/birds/reptiles afterward as bonuses, totally fine. I should note that some birds/reptiles can be considered in those 50. I would totally consider something like a Nile Crocodile or the Peacock as some of the 50, but spiders, not so much. I like the idea of microzoo building (building smaller exhibits you'd fill a reptile house with), but not if it is at the cost of some big animals like Gorillas/Penguins/Pandas/etc that were missing from Zoo Tycoon Xbox. General rule of thumb for the game's animal list is, do what Zoo Tycoon 2 base game had, and add. Cover the rest of the Zoo Basics (confirm Rhinos, Penguins, Gorillas, Tigers, Flamingos, Cheetahs, Polar Bears, etc.) then go a little creative with some like Okapis, Mandrills, Yaks, etc. If they have every major zoo animal in the game I will be satisfied. I just don't want the same Zoo Tycoon Xbox syndrome where they filled the game with animal reskins and said they had 100+ animals. When you have 6 types of elephants, 9 types of Agouti, 9 types of giraffes and no Penguins or Zebras, you lose that ability to say that.

At what point do we start considering an animal as not important to count toward the 50. Is an golden Tamarin monkey too small. A zoo corner stones are the big animals but not always the case, Just look at how many people flock to see Koalas and red pandas. Or like at the Henry Doorly Zoo the butterfly house is always busy and so is the aquarium. So instead of having the developers thinking of small animals as an afterthought. I'm glad they are putting effort into them and I'm fine with the 50 animals including small animals.

Last edited:
At what point do we start considering an animal as not important to count toward the 50. Is an golden Tamarin monkey too small. A zoo corner stones are the big animals but not always the case, Just look at how many people flock to see Koalas and red pandas. Or like at the Henry Doorly Zoo the butterfly house is always busy and so is the aquarium. So instead of having the developers thinking of small animals as an afterthought. I'm glad they are putting effort into them and I'm fine with the 50 animals including small animals.
I agree with smaller animals being considered for the 50 as fine. Lemurs are a great pick for this. Same goes for Koalas or Red Pandas. I just don’t want spiders or incredibly tiny creatures to count towards the 50 animal count. If the one confirmed spider counts then we could assume there will be more. That might mean cuts to some zoo staples like penguins or gorillas in favor of them, which I fear. This all comes from a place of Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection (Xbox). Preaching about animal variety when the reality was quite pathetic. Lots of small animals but not even something simple like zebras. I would always want more options (so bring on monkey and reptile houses) just provide me with the big staple animals.

i think that the 50 animals means we will get 50 main kinds of animals then these can branch off to like 3 or 4 subspecies like elephants could have african bush and indian while antelope could have sable gemsbok nyala and pronghorn

i think that the 50 animals means we will get 50 main kinds of animals then these can branch off to like 3 or 4 subspecies like elephants could have african bush and indian while antelope could have sable gemsbok nyala and pronghorn
I hope so. There is so many complaints about Zoo Tycoon Ultimate animal collection from 2018 having so many subspecies and excluding some of the major animal. I have no problem with subspecies if they look a lot different from one another. But if you put in subspecies that all look basically the same that's when it bothers me.

I hope so. There is so many complaints about Zoo Tycoon Ultimate animal collection from 2018 having so many subspecies and excluding some of the major animal. I have no problem with subspecies if they look a lot different from one another. But if you put in subspecies that all look basically the same that's when it bothers me.
Pretty much. An Asian Elephant and an African elephant warrant to be distinct species. But a Sumatran Asian Elephant and an Indian Asian Elephant look practically identical.

Grey wolf is a species if you want to be more specific you're looking at subspecies

Hahaha, my bad with typing yes I meant sub-species but its important because there are so many with different region and habitat requirements. Some are in the arctic regions some are not. But with the recent post it looks like they are going with Timber wolf :)

New Animal Revealed : The Indian Peafowl ! Those beautiful tail feathers are sure to stun your zoo guests when they come.
1C2F8903-0DEA-4993-94B7-ECCD7255051E.jpeg

Sorry for the quality but the image comes from the newlsletter

Top Bottom