Newcomer / Intro Conflict zones

I think I may be ready to try my hand at a CZ. I'm not really sure what to expect (or what to do to be honest, but I can look that up :D).

Are low intensity ones best for the rubbish combat pilot?

If anyone has any tips, I'd be most appreciative!

Thanks!

Centre is good if you are jumped on by spec ops, there are generally found in med and high CZs

Low they dont appear.

They will follow you and other ships will attack them, and draw their fire away from you

Worth taking a look at what your team-mates are attacking before diving in, helping them out will keep you in a larger group and avoid being singled out. I'd start with the Low ones, sure they have less special stuff going on, but there will be enough to watch out for in the beginning.

And don't be afraid to run :D

Well, I went to see what it was all about. Found a low intensity zone, saw how to pick a faction, which I did. Shot down a couple of red triangles which pleased my new-found buddies. This was in my Vulture in case things went belly up. Taking the Vette next time. Funsies.

EDIT. So I handed in my bonds for the two kills but it only shows as one amount - how do you know how many actual bonds you've earned?
Sussed it :)

Last edited:
Well, I went to see what it was all about. Found a low intensity zone, saw how to pick a faction, which I did. Shot down a couple of red triangles which pleased my new-found buddies. This was in my Vulture in case things went belly up. Taking the Vette next time. Funsies.
No no no. Trust me, stick with the Vulture. Untill you are 100% sure. Bang for the re-buy costs, the Vulture will be worth it.

The bigger threat you appear to be the more likely you are to be picked on.

Every NPC will be in a combat build so expect everyone to hit harder and be tougher to dispose of.

If you do get in a CZ with the Spec Ops guys remember if you attack the Alpha his three wing mates will help him kill you if you take them on in reverse order this is much less likely to happen.

Capital ships take a long time and you need to watch your back while you take down all the required modules however if you stay at long range they really aren’t that good at fighting off small ships like ours.

Yeah, I've been to a few low CZ's in an un-engineered Viper III, and treat it very much like starting out in the Sidewinder, going to a High Res and 'kill stealing' from the local cops.

Hang with the green triangles, don't shoot up anyone not already getting shot up, and lay off the trigger from time to time (but not so you lose your kill credit :cool:).

It doesn't take much for it to go south, and a cheap rebuy until you've found your level is definately a plus!

Tear 'em a new one (cautiously!) CMDR!

Yes, those ships are much harder to take down but maybe it's because I only have a fraction of the power (woooah wooah nice shooting Tex - and the flowers are still standing) on my Vulture.

Took my 'Vette in after enjoying the FdL. Most bodacious.

I've just handed in 800kCR worth of CZ combat bond kills but my bond count hasn't one up - is there a delay or this to show? Relogged, it's fine now. Up to 35 already:cool:

The system I'm in only has one platform, so I have to run home to fetch a smaller ship in order to land. The controlling faction is unfriendly to me now as it appears I chose the "other" side :D

Last edited:
If you know who you are fighting for, grab a kill mission (ie take down 10 ships of the XX Faction) before you head out to the CZ. Don't be too greedy though. Killing 20+ ships can take a while.

Top Bottom