Conflict Zones

Can somebody please explain how these work now. They've all changed since last time I did them.

How do you select your side - exactly please? I couldn't see anything in my panel, even when I was surrounded by ships.
What happens after your side has won? Is that zone finished for good or can I jump out and back in again to restart the battle?
How do I know if a CZ is dead before I waste my time dropping in?

I've just been to one and found how to make the ships spawn. I clicked on something, which made one side turn green. The other faction turned red when I started shooting them, but I didn't get any bonds. Jeez, why do they always have to change things to make everything that was simple into something difficult?

You select your side via the comms panel now. The selector appears when you approach the CZ nav point to within 8 km. Indeed, if the battle is over you can jump out and back in to restart. Maybe they restart themselves after a few minutes but I never wait for that (usually I have to rearm/repair). There was a bug giving empty CZs but that was solved in the january update.

I have some more questions now about wings in conflict zones.

How do kills count when you have winged up with another player?

If you both shoot the same ship and kill it, is that one kill each?
If you shoot and kill a ship each separately, does that count as one kill each or two?

How do wing missions work? How do you both sign up for the same mission?
If one member of the wing goes AFK, does he/she still get the reward if the other player does all the work?

Firstly, they must be designated wing missions, then you must invite your wing mates to the wings.

If you participate in the wing kill, you get the same bounty amount for everyone that got enough shots on target to qualify for the bond.

Lastly, All kills count against the total number of kills if it's a massacre mission and every wing member gets the choice of rewards upon completion as long as they remain a wing member and contributed some kills. Not pro-rated for participation.

At least that's how I recall the routine.

Lastly, All kills count against the total number of kills if it's a massacre mission and every wing member gets the choice of rewards upon completion as long as they remain a wing member and contributed some kills. Not pro-rated for participation.
Yup. Wing mission payouts are already pre-quartered, so everyone who's participating in the mission gets what's on the tin.

OK thanks. That's answered the last question about missions, but what about the first two about getting credited with kills for the combat bonds? Say in a single battle, we both killed 8 ships. We shot 4 each independently without any shots from the other player, and we both landed shots on the other 8. How many kills does each player get - 8, 12, 16 or what?

Wing missions work like this, each wing member can share one wing mission at a time. You, as the sharer, all your kills count towards the mission you shared. The wingmen help you take down that one target quicker. If a wingman engages and kills a target and you don't fire on that target, it does not count toward the total, you have to hit the target as well. Now, if your wingman also shared a wing mission with you, then his kills will go toward his kill count, but if you engage his target and get enough hits in it as well, then that one kill will go to both of your missions at the same time.

A side note, you can also share wing missions while in multi-crew, at least, you, the pilot, can share wing missions with your multi-crew. Your multi-crew cannot access the missions board while in the station, so they can't pick up missions of their own while on your ship. But they can accept your shared missions, and once it is completed, they have to fly to that location to pick up the reward

Say in a single battle, we both killed 8 ships. We shot 4 each independently without any shots from the other player, and we both landed shots on the other 8. How many kills does each player get - 8, 12, 16 or what?
No missions, just two players in a wing.How do the kills count for each player - as in the example above?

No missions, just two players in a wing.How do the kills count for each player - as in the example above?
If I'm understanding the question...

Wing are fighting, any member who hit target A (to required minimum) will get xx credit Combat bond, all equal, if a wing member didn't land the required number of hits - no Bond..

Wing missions can be shared and if complete wing members all get the agreed reward.

...all of the info given so far has been good :)

Getting counted for a kill, REZ site, Combat Zone, Mission instance, anywhere, means hitting the ship a few seconds before it's destroyed. That's how a n00b can 'tag' ships in a sidey and get a tasty payout when the police pop him a few seconds later. This is also how you can accidentally hit a cop or unwanted ship with 1 tiny shot then a few seconds later the ship gets destroyed and YOU end up with a bounty and a scanner full of angry red.

I think, think, not certain mind you; it's 10 seconds.

You might want to test this.

Top Bottom