General / Off-Topic Congratulations Team USA!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
What a great team. Nice to see all the hard work pay off. Congratulations, ladies!!!
WNTvFRAReportP1.jpg

The best team of the tournament. Cold blood, power, mastery, technicality, precision.

A lot of quality and for the anecdote, I also like the legs of Tobin Heath, real legs of footballer.

Attachments

• heath 4.jpg
    heath 4.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 199
  • heath 6.jpg
    heath 6.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 165
With all that said, I'm already sick of M. Rapinoe's politicizing her sexual preferences and role in the team in general, and the "equal pay!" controversy swirling around them is starting to make them look like a joke. Too bad they couldn't just let people enjoy their performance in the sport and on the world stage.

With all that said, I'm already sick of M. Rapinoe's politicizing her sexual preferences and role in the team in general, and the "equal pay!" controversy swirling around them is starting to make them look like a joke. Too bad they couldn't just let people enjoy their performance in the sport and on the world stage.
Well, the sad truth is that every sport that starts to attract money becomes a platform for somebody's agenda.
It's always been this way, though in recent years, the agendas start to become more and more annoying and sometimes kind of insane. :LOL:

Well, the sad truth is that every sport that starts to attract money becomes a platform for somebody's agenda.
It's always been this way, though in recent years, the agendas start to become more and more annoying and sometimes kind of insane. :LOL:
It is indeed a sad truth. I just want to enjoy the game/movie/story whatever without some agenda getting shoved down my throat. When that starts happening I exit stage left taking my attention span and wallet with me.

It's not that Mr. T puts his ugly fat finger into all sorts of things where he really has no business in - sports included. Exactly the reaction he deserves!
Oh give me a break. It was M. Rapinoe who first put her fat finger into it with the public displays of disrespecting the flag of the country that allowed for and provided the basis to rise to the top of a sport where she's living like a millionaire and feted by society at large. All he did was call her on her bull manure. And you see what's happening? People who should be heroes are polarizing our society more than ever with their infantile, nonsensical displays that drag the focus as far away from their sporting achievements as it's possible to get.

It is indeed a sad truth. I just want to enjoy the game/movie/story whatever without some agenda getting shoved down my throat. When that starts happening I exit stage left taking my attention span and wallet with me.

All acts have an agenda as we live in a political society - if you don't notice it then it probably confirms your stance on things, but it still has a political bias, overt or not.

Cricket is better than football anyway. ;););)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom