Considerations about BGS and trading

Now seems to me that not only Retreat is quite impossible to obtain, but also expansions are "problematic".... In fact, for my group and my experience, when you exceed 70%.... there are often problems. For example...... from 74.2% the day after we have fallen in 70.2% because of a npc faction climbed from 5% to 12% in a day.... despite we have done several missions and failed several passengers of other NPC factions. So I was wondering: what about trading? Could be helpful for own Faction (at control of the System, obviously) doing lots of trade routes onboard ships like T9 with 750t cargo hold?

Selling profitable goods at the station controlled by your faction will help it of course. But, are you sure that failing of passenger missions affects influence in any way? And what exactly is meant by "failing" in this case?

Well, a way to decrease influence of other factions is to fail their passengers. The way is: take passengers where people don't like ship damaging, turn off your shields, go under 70% of hull more or less banging against station (better outpost, less dangerous for you!) for example..... you'll be "miserable" for passengers and you'll fail!!!! Passengers will ask to desembark! that faction will decrease influ, you'll benefit! Remember that you'll lose reputation with that faction, of course.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
The problem you are seeing is the "diminishing returns" effect. It is much harder to increase your influence (i.e. needs more work/missions etc.) the higher your faction influence gets. Conversely, if a factions influence is low then it takes very little to cause them to increase significantly. Getting that last push from 70-74.9 up to >75% can take a relatively big effort from multiple commanders to achieve, where as 5 -> 12% could be a very small number of INF +'s. Do you know what level of random traffic you are getting in the system in question? That is probably going to be key to understanding the work effort you need to put in. In our experience, we tend to focus on just spending the time to push our faction rather than trying to lower other factions in the system once you get to >70% - best use of time.

Thanks Kietrax for your reply. I know that higher influences are harder to increase but..... the day at 74.2% me and my group worked quite hard to reach 75. Maybe a little increase the day after but........ no 70.2% !!!!! Nooo! It is not possible IMO. Consider that that System is not appetible by Pow Play Players for example, no one would have interest to change government lowering us. And.... no nearby PMFs interested to expand in the same system I think.

Consider that that System is not appetible by Pow Play Players for example, no one would have interest to change government lowering us. And.... no nearby PMFs interested to expand in the same system I think.
There doesn't have to be specific interest for there to be problems maintaining high influence levels - players just running missions randomly can still have a noticeable effect. What do the 24 hour traffic reports say (local station news) and how much of that is attributable to your pilots?

I'll check the traffic better, I promise! :D But.... never happened to me, even after 3.3, to fail to trigger an expansion from 74.2%.... to 70% the day after!!!! With the same efforts.
Talking about Retreat on the other hand....... after 3.3 We tried several times in Systems with different population (to free a place for us) and........ we have never succeeded!!!! Probably we are no longer able ( :unsure: )...... we can check random players..... whatever you want..... but systematically the target faction, after few days of status retreat...... rises above 2.5 ( 6%.... 8%) regardless of any effort to keep it below!

Top Bottom