Console accounts transfer to PC

That would almost certainly mean no transfer for me. I don't care about cosmetics, but if I don't get engineer progress, modules etc. I probably won't bother. That may well end my Elite playing altogether.
Not that I have ever linked my account to Inara but I would expect the same kind of things to be transferred if they decide to bother.

They will only bother if they can get money out of this, so anyone expecting a free PC key and cosmetics transferred over I wouldent hold your breath

Like others, my “best case” would be the ability to ”merge” accounts - ie transfer all the stuff and progress from my PS CMDR to my PC CMDR but without deleting anything already on my PC CMDR.

But I’ve been avoiding playing since the original announcement in case the only option is “overwrite your PC CMDR with your PS CMDR“ …

Wednesday could be interesting …
Yep I stopped too because I suspect this is what will happen and I'm ok with it.

I just think it's odd that they are waiting until the stream to say anything. Meaning, I would have hoped for an official post that...we have a way for console commanders to keep playing if they want to move to PC.

We will have formal details on the site Wednesday after a website update or something.

One thing is I do not think anyone should expect this to be free, meaning you should expect to have to own a copy of the PC game. Not that you suggested this, just commenting towards other posts I see.

Where are the reliable leakers?? We want leaks!! We can't wait until tomorrow.
In Australia it's already star wars days, give us some news!!! :D

Where are the reliable leakers?? We want leaks!! We can't wait until tomorrow.
In Australia it's already star wars days, give us some news!!! :D

Yeah we all wish there were leaked good information on this. I guess that's one thing this developer can say...as of late no leaks 🤷🏽‍♂️

Support have already told me an account transfer won't affect existing PC accounts so a merge is unlikely. My guess is, as the announcement about next week's announcement comes so soon after the console announcement (2 months - short for Frontier) that nothing beyond credit transfer will be possible.
If account transfers happen, you can be sure cosmetics won't be a part of that. My guess would be ranks and, possibly, first discoveries. Ships and modules to be asset transfers only.
There's also the possibility it will happen in phases.

IE, credits first, then ships, then achievements, then ranks, etc.

I don't expect anything but until it happens, it's all guessing.

Can't be any leaks if you aren't doing any work.
ROFL, you are not wrong :)
There's also the possibility it will happen in phases.

IE, credits first, then ships, then achievements, then ranks, etc.

I don't expect anything but until it happens, it's all guessing.
It will not be phases…its going to be specific things that will and will not be available on PC.

The big question for many is do they loose the console account or not.

I messed up quoting you…

I have 15 billion without a fleet carrier tho I do have one. I could start over but would lose 4 years worth of engineering. I have a 87ly jump range on my anaconda.

Its not a transfer, Its a clone Of progress to other platforms, so theres no real loss to the console user at all for doing so...

They have yet to announce Which platform the Free Horizons client offer use will be for, as announced on the stream you will not have to buy Horizons on PC they announced on stream A free copy will be offered for horizons for PC...
I Expect the free Client stated in stream will only be for Fdev direct access... not steam or epic you will just change the account that logs in to the Fdev Launcher for those PC stores versions but you have to pay for them...

The not moving ARX accross Is the keep Microsoft happy clause as is the not erase the old account, this will have been what the legal team worked out with Microsoft... As no accounts are going to be removed, you are still able under pressure from other players to stay on console and be active still...
This legal work is going to allow avoiding breaking there legal store licensing deals...

From what is posted and the live stream console users are getting a Free horizons PC version of the game and Restricted progress copy to PC account, There has been Nothing Shown So far as a reason not to do this copying.
A part from the fuss of picking a new name for the new Fdev account on PC if its in use allready there are no negatives unless its confirmed that you cant get a free "steam" or "Epic store" PC version if you wanted one...

Last edited:
Yep I stopped too because I suspect this is what will happen and I'm ok with it.

I just think it's odd that they are waiting until the stream to say anything. Meaning, I would have hoped for an official post that...we have a way for console commanders to keep playing if they want to move to PC.

We will have formal details on the site Wednesday after a website update or something.

One thing is I do not think anyone should expect this to be free, meaning you should expect to have to own a copy of the PC game. Not that you suggested this, just commenting towards other posts I see.
Yeh - I already own the game on PC but I’d be very happy if they gave other transferring CMDRs a free PC license. That’d be a boss PR move.

I was expecting that they would bring us more than just credit transfers, otherwise there would be no reason to block a feature that was already available.

But I didn't expect at all that they would "clone" our accounts on pc and let us bring almost everything along.

They will let us continue our progresses of thousands of hours with not only the content that won't arrive on consoles, but also with VR possibility that didn't have on xbox either (not sure if th PS version was VR compatible).

ED in VR is just indescribable!
It will be amazing! There are just no words to express how much I wanna say thank you to ED staff!

Top Bottom