#ConsoleThursday

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
BTW, put in a good few hours on PS the last couple of days and the instancing has been fluffy, like that nasty dense dust you get on a fan blade.
Yeh its one of the first things I noticed after playing on PC a bit, the instancing is rubbish on PS unless you are in a wing or PG, and in the same geographical area. Open seems to be a slide show in comparison to PC when instancing with randoms.

Source: https://twitter.com/smorganmoore/status/1419952790907011078?s=20

Anything new since July 27th, regarding consoles @sallymorganmoore? I know it's only been a week, but console players (more so the PS5 players) have been put on the shelf for a long period of time, so please, do excuse the obvious curiosity.

Thank you, and have a nice day!
Will keep 🤞 for you buddy keep positive they'll break radio silence eventually.......I hope

I almost feel like there is a ‘do not engage’ hovering over console players.

It’s like receiving a cease and desist.

Despite owning the PC version, any Q’s or feedback I’ve had seems to have gone unnoticed.

BTW, put in a good few hours on PS the last couple of days and the instancing has been fluffy, like that nasty dense dust you get on a fan blade.
Have to admit instancing the other week on Xbox was appalling admitted there was quite a few players on but had to hunt for someone who could see all Cmdr's wing up drop on his wing signal then leave wing while he went a fetched others lol. Kept losing instances with Cmdr's disappearing mid scrap but still claiming they could see some of us. Did have one bonus didn't get a rebuy as quick though so saved me some credits :D

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous

Anything new since July 27th, regarding consoles @sallymorganmoore? I know it's only been a week, but console players (more so the PS5 players) have been put on the shelf for a long period of time, so please, do excuse the obvious curiosity.

I like how you used a screenshot there! Very fancy. Don't worry, I wouldn't try and deny anything I said to you guys hehe ;)
As I keep going on about...gosh a horrible number of a times and I feel sorry for you - I wouldn't update anyone on big key developments like this in replies to threads and such. I have absolutely nothing until official update news is available I'm afraid (which isn't so "shortly" now, but we'll keep on it!).

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator

Horizons didn't get the Megaship loot fix which was implemented in Odyssey, so I am guessing Horizons is probably being left now till the "merge". Console included.
Have to admit instancing the other week on Xbox was appalling admitted there was quite a few players on but had to hunt for someone who could see all Cmdr's wing up drop on his wing signal then leave wing while he went a fetched others lol. Kept losing instances with Cmdr's disappearing mid scrap but still claiming they could see some of us. Did have one bonus didn't get a rebuy as quick though so saved me some credits :D
Having had the chance to compare PS5 to PC over the past while now, yeh PS5 also has worse instancing for me than my PC. Both using the same wired connection, and both using uPnP. (PS5 is working fine in NAT Type 2 although having done a bit of digging lately I might try NAT Type 1 as a test at some point as this basically opens up the firewall completely).

Last edited:
Horizons didn't get the Megaship loot fix which was implemented in Odyssey, so I am guessing Horizons is probably being left now till the "merge". Console included.

Having had the chance to compare PS5 to PC over the past while now, yeh PS5 also has worse instancing for me than my PC. Both using the same wired connection, and both using uPnP. (PS5 is working fine in NAT Type 2 although having done a bit of digging lately I might try NAT Type 1 as a test at some point as this basically opens up the firewall completely).
Taking into account what you and a lot of other people have said am seriously considering trying to get a gaming pc, well when I say considering wandering what I can sell to raise funds :p. Seriously does seem to be less issues with instancing along with a lot of other perk's, would still keep X-box as primary though as squad is on X-box only and gotta keep the numbers up as lost quite a few already lol

I’ve kept my PS account going. and started Horizons PC, then added Odyssey after patch 4, it is better on the platform, no doubts whatsoever about that.

For one, you can tweak how it looks to suit.
There’s much more fidelity and better framerates overall (even though Odyssey has its own set of problems).

I weighed up getting a PS5 or a PC, and actually went for a decent midrange PC in the end (my old PC was 12 years old and failing rapidly).

I will eventually get a PS5, just don’t need to right now.

I have not abandoned my PS4, I also still play ED on there a few nights a week.

o7

Just got a series X and now wished i hadnt bothered and saved for a PC , which is sort of good news for Elite . If i had got a PC i would be playing (redcated) but has space whales . i keep asking and its like "shhhhhhhh ", go back in your corner , you console players need to know your place . I'm just wondering when they will drop the bombshell that EDO wont be console ready til this time next year ? Im still playing EDH (my comfort game )but its getting harder not to buy or play other games .

Just got a series X and now wished i hadnt bothered and saved for a PC , which is sort of good news for Elite . If i had got a PC i would be playing (redcated) but has space whales .
Sell the Xbox, TBH you can play [REDACTED] without needing a massive PC, and it really does tick a lot of boxes EDO does not.

I'm looking at EDO's space legs and thinking do i want to be playing this in 9 months time?
Are FDev going to add or adjust things significantly until console launch?
Are the exploration changes enough, and worth the price?

So quite glad i spent the EDO money on [REDACTED] alpha, as i'm playing a more immersive game right now. Also bought Hitman 3 in the recent sale, and revisiting Elder Scrolls Online, clearing some backlog. Not launching EDO at the same time on consoles wasn't a good move for me.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Even though I've had my PC a few weeks I've avoided the game which shall not be mentioned but, also Odyssey too.

Been playing other things although Horizons does run great on the new PC.

I still keep hoping the PS5 will get a mention by FDev somewhere, anywhere but, my pleas for someone to look at the crashing issue just falling on deaf ears are pushing me to just move onto something else completely. 😞

Top Bottom