Consolidate all Trigger Variables in Ride's "Edit Triggers" Menu

There are 2 things you can do with triggered items:
1. Give the triggered item a time delay to activate after the ride passes its trigger.
2. Change the duration of the item's triggered effect (ex. how long a light is turned on).

Problem is, #1 is accessed through the coaster's "Edit Triggers" menu while #2 is accessed through editing the item itself, when in either building or scenery mode. This is irksome because complex triggered effects require careful tweaking of both properties for the same item. Thus, you have to continually go back and forth between have the coaster and the item selected to edit these properties, which is a pain and also very wasteful of time. It would be way better if all controls relating to triggers were in the same place, the ride's trigger menu.

And while I'm at it, it would be nice to add a few other controls as well. Especially a switch for the object to start in the on or off position, or the ability to make lights flicker repeatedly with a single trigger activation.

Other people have requested the ability to set triggers without a coaster, like just on a timer. I never understood why it has to be attached.
But your point is also valid, why is there 2 separate menus for one system?

Other people have requested the ability to set triggers without a coaster, like just on a timer. I never understood why it has to be attached.
Yeah, I'd like to see a timer myself but, as you say, that's already been brought up. With or without that, though, the trigger variables should be in 1 place.

As to why it's only on coasters, it's probably because nobody thought of making a timer. From what I can tell, the triggered item just watches the trigger and when that changes state, the triggered item activates. But in PC, the only things that change state are rides and peeps. There are usually too many peeps passing a given point all the time for them to be good activators---the thing would be going off constantly. So that leaves rides, which probably explains the current situation. However, I doubt the triggered item cares where the signal comes from, just as long as it gets a signal. Thus, it seems like it would be possible to make a timer that generated the same state change signal as a coaster passing a trigger on its track.

Yeah, I'd like to see a timer myself but, as you say, that's already been brought up. With or without that, though, the trigger variables should be in 1 place.

As to why it's only on coasters, it's probably because nobody thought of making a timer. From what I can tell, the triggered item just watches the trigger and when that changes state, the triggered item activates. But in PC, the only things that change state are rides and peeps. There are usually too many peeps passing a given point all the time for them to be good activators---the thing would be going off constantly. So that leaves rides, which probably explains the current situation. However, I doubt the triggered item cares where the signal comes from, just as long as it gets a signal. Thus, it seems like it would be possible to make a timer that generated the same state change signal as a coaster passing a trigger on its track.
I've actually suggested attaching triggers to benches that activate when the bench is occupied... (Though come to think of it, adding triggers to our flat-rides ride sequences would be cool too... That way when a ride sequence activates it activates the scenery trigger sequence as well...)