Constant stuttering and graphics glitching - 6700xt

Hello, I've been playing Elite for some time and having no issues, but on my new build, which I've been playing many other games with without issue for some time, I get constant stuttering every few seconds, along with audio stutter and even frequent graphics glitches like green pixels and static, and the occasional full driver crash. My build is:
RX 6700XT
i5-12400f
2x8gb ddr4-3466 cl16
Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb
asrock itx/ac b660m
Thanks in advance.

A quick one off the top of my head, hardware accelerated gpu scheduling, it has similar effect on my ED gameplay, in W10 r click desktop select display settings, from there select graphic settings and turn it off or try the opposite of whatever it is set to right now.

Last edited:
A quick one off the top of my head, hardware accelerated gpu scheduling, it has similar effect on my ED gameplay, in W10 r click desktop select display settings, from there select graphic settings and turn it off or try the opposite of whatever it is set to right now.
1658365362339.png

I checked there and it simply isn't there as an option.

There's an issue with the latest AMD drivers, there's a thread on it somewhere on the forums so you may be having issues with that if you are using the latest drivers;

I have 2080ti and get stuttering all the time these days, ironically more so in space near planets and space stations. ODY seems ok these days.

View attachment 315038
I checked there and it simply isn't there as an option.

EDIT:
I celebrated victory too early... during the same gaming session the problem came back.
1669517663892.png

OMG you are my savior.
I don't have exactly the same menu as you, maybe because I upgraded to Windows 11:
1669502055043.png

I get used to stutter, maybe because Odyssey was not optimized when launched, but using MSI Afterburn I was surprised to see a constant stutter every 30 sec even in the menu (before joining solo/open). I also was surprised to see that's the case for Horizon.

To help others to identify symptoms, this is before, with "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" ON:

1669501608847.png
1669501699730.png

And this is after, with the option OFF:
1669502100674.png

Last edited:
Hi

I finally found the solution if it can help others:

As suggested in another forum, I took a look at the Device Manager:
1669912505396.png

The list of devices was refreshing every 30sec, exactly in the same time as the freeze in ED.
I don't know why ED is affected by that, I consider it as a bug.
Constant refresh of the list of devices may occur with a bad USB device with bad connection (keep connecting/disconnecting).
That wasn't my case, I tried without any USB device and still had the issue. But when I disabled the network the refresh stopped.
I then discovered that my Smart TV Sony Bravia, when it's shutdown, it keeps connecting/disconnecting, and Windows was constantly adding/removing the TV (as a Media Sharing device, added automatically with UPNP).
That's why sometimes I didn't had the freeze: when the TV was running in parallel.
To solve the issue, I added a Windows Firewall rule to backlist incoming connection (Inbound Rules) from the IP of the TV.

Hope it can help others!

Top Bottom