News Content Recap: Beyond - Chapter Four Livestream - New Ships

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

If you missed tonight's content reveal livestream or just wanted a recap of all the features discussed, read the notes below from Executive Producer Adam Woods and Senior Designer Barry Clark.

Please note this is part 4 of 4 livestreams, for more details click here!

Krait Phantom

With a spacious cargo hold and a relatively generous quantity of hardpoints, the Krait Phantom is a versatile ship suited to a range of roles. It has enough firepower to hold its own against larger targets, and enough straight-line speed to outpace smaller targets. The ship also offers eight internal compartments, allowing the pilot to tailor the ship to their requirements. And while it lacks the firepower and fighter bay of its sister ship, the Krait Mk II, it is both faster and lighter.

• 2 Large and 2 Medium Hardpoints
  • 8 Internal Optional slots
  • Top speed of 256m/s and a boost speed of 358m/s
  • 8.23LY laden FSD range
  • Approximately 37,000,000 credits

Mamba

Based on an unreleased racing prototype, the Mamba is one of the fastest ships in production. It can also deliver a lot of punishment, boasting one huge and two large hardpoints. This emphasis on firepower and speed means the ship can hit hard and fast, vanishing before the target has a chance to react. Comparisons to the Fer-de-Lance, also produced by Zorgon Peterson, will be inevitable, but the Mamba is in fact faster in a straight line, while being slightly less maneuverable.

• 1 Huge, 2 Large and 2 Small Hardpoints
  • 5 Internal Optional slots
  • Top speed of 316m/s and a boost speed of 387m/s
  • 6.37LY laden FSD range
  • Approximately 55,000,000 credits

-------------------------------

If you missed our recap on Exploration, the Codex and Visual Improvements, check the thread out here.
If you missed our recap on the Background Simulation changes and new Scenarios, check the thread out here.
If you missed our recap on Mining and Squadrons, check the thread out here.

Ya, I gotta say, I wasnt too impressed with this one. Im a bit surprised there was a live stream for just 2 ships
Hope there are some awesome things that havent been shared

I was really hoping to get some more detailed information on the ships for the stream. Would have really loved to see the outfitting on these.

To do this do not even give him to retransmit...

Another patch without taking out an exploration ship, in the exploration patch.

You cover yourselves with glory. NO.

It looked like the Mamba wasn't boosting much over 510 which if fully engineered makes it considerably slower than the FDL (FDL boosts 540-60.) Given the base-speed stats shown it seems like it should be boosting closer to 620-650 like the Imperial Clipper. Is there a chance the thrusters were perhaps not fully engineered? Or maybe this needs revision? Also it would be really great to know the size of the internals, but I think that has been said.

Other than that, it was a good stream :)

Please explain and fix the unexpected temperature critical issue of Mamba during the live stream, while the ship was just boosting for several times above the planetary surface.

He also said it was heavily engineered. Depends what he had, but if you push that hard maybe heat issues isn't such a silly thing to get. If anything, maybe it's the top speed that needs the push up?
"heavily engineered"...my python can achieve 512 m/s and it is combat build. How Mamba can be "one of the fastest" ? Unengineered Viper can go 640 m/s or so LOL.

Krait the Copy-Paste and Mamba the Fastest Slowpoke

Nice.

P.S. May be he mean "heavily" like "heavy". Literally every module was sturdy with 200% mass? That could make some sense :/

Last edited:
"heavily engineered"...my python can achieve 512 m/s and it is combat build. How Mamba can be "one of the fastest" ? Unengineered Viper can go 640 m/s or so LOL.

Like I say - maybe the speed is low - though the Mamba looks considerably bigger than a Viper.

We also don't know if it was engineered entirely for speed, during the fight Adam suddenly said he was a tank, jury stays out. o7 +1

edit: ps. yep

Last edited:
I'm curious about the Krait Phantom:
Where does this sit regarding the Krait Mk II? It's got the same number of internal compartments, fewer hardpoints, and can't carry a fighter. As we facing module creep with mining, for instance, how does this ship fit in the picture. Furthermore, it appears to have the same number of internals and hardpoints as a Clipper, though it's slower. (It can, of course, land at a medium pad, a source of infinite frustration for us Clipper pilots out there...)

Top Bottom