Roll Acceleration
Heat Capacity
Heat Dissipation
MinHeat Dissipation Max
Armour Hardness
Masslock Factor
Crew Amount
Cost

I'm curious why the Phantom loses both a hardpoint and SLF, but has the same internals. Losing firepower but gaining no utility seems weird. Faster and lighter? By how much and why does that matter? I doubt the faster and lighter part is going to make up for lost firepower.

I'm curious why the Phantom loses both a hardpoint and SLF, but has the same internals. Losing firepower but gaining no utility seems weird. Faster and lighter? By how much and why does that matter? I doubt the faster and lighter part is going to make up for lost firepower.
It will if you explore in a Krait :)

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
this was disappointing, I was expecting at least 1 more ship, mamba looks good but it is another medium combat ship and we have a lot of them, the phantom maybe is a good idea if it has at least the same jump as an AspX, but the fan base needs ASAP expensive ships to buy

Krait Phantom

• 8.23LY laden FSD range

Mamba

• 6.37LY laden FSD range
-------------------------------
Hello! Could you please give us a better estimate of jump range? That range is for a grade E FSD and with cargo, could you please give us the unladen FSD range and for an a graded FSD and/or its class/size? I want to know how it stacks up to the krait mkII for exploration :)

He also said it was heavily engineered. Depends what he had, but if you push that hard maybe heat issues isn't such a silly thing to get. If anything, maybe it's the top speed that needs the push up?

A lot of ships overheat if flown on high-ish gravity (couldn't see the gravity on that planet) planets and rolled 90 degress to the vertical. The lateral thrusters overheat the ship much more than the dorsal ones. That might have been a partial factor.

Phantom looks like Asp Scout Mk II. Meaning that the ship itself is not that bad, but there is always a better choice, for any task you can imagine.

Mamba - great ship, but this horizontal band around the cockpit. Why? Just WHY? It just spoils the otherwise great design!

..relative to what, a Sidewinder?

It puts it in the same class as ships like the FAS and Clipper, but probably with more internal options than the FAS, and better convergence and able to land on an outpost unlike the Clipper.

Its biggest competition is probably the Mk II / Tornado itself; are the boosted internals and extra agility worth the trade-off?

Presumably, higher class internals though.

Without the details on how much weight is being shaved off and how it translates into jump range, how do you know? Krait Mk.II apparently has 8.99 LY stock range unladen.

Stock Krait MkII: 7.66 Ly laden jumprange @750t laden
Stock Phantom: 8.23Ly laden jumprange

Using coriolis FSD profile: Krait MkII would jump 8.24Ly @ 697.58t, therefore the stock Phantom (assuming it uses the same class FSD and internals), would be ~698t laden.

Stripped Krait MKkII with A-rated FSD, unengineered: 30.87 Ly laden jumprange
Stripped Phantom with A-rated FSD, unengineered (@-52t that of the MkII): ~35.5Ly laden (for reference: AspX = 35.09Ly laden)

To me that sounds like a pretty decent explorer with 8 (!) internals and capable of landing at outposts.

Using coriolis FSD profile: Krait MkII would jump 8.24Ly @ 697.58t, therefore the stock Phantom (assuming it uses the same class FSD), would be ~698t laden.

Stripped Phantom with A-rated FSD, unengineered (@-52t that of the MkII): ~35.5Ly laden (for reference: AspX = 35.09Ly laden)

To me that sounds like a pretty decent explorer with 8 (!) internals and capable of landing at outposts.

If those maths are right, it should get well up into the 50s when engineered and with a guardian booster thrown in. Possibly higher with a lightweight build.

Using coriolis FSD profile: Krait MkII would jump 8.24Ly @ 697.58t, therefore the stock Phantom (assuming it uses the same class FSD and internals), would be ~698t laden.

I guess, if a whole 4.x LY extra is something to call home about...

If those maths are right, it should get well up into the 50s when engineered and with a guardian booster thrown in. Possibly higher with a lightweight build.

But the MK II already does that, doesn't it?

The MK2 already jumps 60 so it will more likely be in the high 60s low 70s on an optimized build.

Correct. The only thing that will make an AspX more appealing in terms of range (on average) will be that the Phantom will have more weight due to the higher amount (and larger class) modules it can carry. The emphasis should really be on the "can" though. :)

Top Bottom