News Content Recap - Beyond Chapter One Livestream (16.01.2018) - Part 1 Recap

Is it possible to get a video of the ATR responding to an event? Ed forgot to put the camera back on to the screen when they arrived last night so we missed them.

Or can it be revisited on Thursdays stream?

Still kind of wondering what's stopping someone just going on a murder spree, docking the ship, ripping out all their engineered modules and putting them into storage and then buying another generic hull and cramming their engineered modules into the new hull? Is part of the 'limited station services' meaning no outfitting functionality?

Keeping in mind for most long standing players and those that have exploited broken elements in the game at one time or another, buying a half dozen base FDL hulls and similar isn't really going to hurt their wallet.

Or is that Frontiers idea of 'consequence' for criminals? That it will introduce a much needed credit sink into the game finally.

Dunno, people can't bear to watch 6 seconds of animation while taking off, I can't imagine they would go through all of that just to be annoying?

I am thinking: switch to a clean Sidewinder after a long day of ganking noobs, and get your mates to blow you up until your notoriety is gone?

Won't work as the ship has the bounty not you, so your bounty will not be cleared, therefore neither will your notoriety. All they will be doing is blowing up your sidewinder for no reason at all.

Won't work as the ship has the bounty not you, so your bounty will not be cleared, therefore neither will your notoriety. All they will be doing is blowing up your sidewinder for no reason at all.

Notoriety is pilot, not ship based. So swapping to a sidewinder to reset it before the point in which it becomes expensive will work.

I have a question about hot modules... I know that if you put a hot module into a clean ship, the ship becomes hot. But what if you then remove the hot module? Does the ship go back to being clean or does it remain hot? I can imagine someone at some point will "accidently" put a hot module into a clean ship and then realise their mistake...

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your feedback and questions so far both here on the forums and on last night's stream. We're currently compiling the questions and we'll try to answer as many as we can soon.

When the questions and answers are live, I'll pop them here and update this thread.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Q: Re crime & punishment do we know if the modules of a hot ship are also hot? Or can any criminal simply store modules and sell ship hull to fix his record?

Q: Also re C&P, the new system is going to make higher security systems actually a bit more secure than lower security or anarchy ones (re ATR). Will the mission rewards, trade, mining yields etc also be updated so to follow that logic? I.e. higher rewards operating in lower security etc?

Last edited:
That's if you wait until you hit max notoriety. You only incur a portion of the rebuys with each kill so basically when you go back to the station to re-arm/repair pay the small fines, switch to sidewinder and get a colleague to blow you up to reset your notoriety and then go back to incurring small percentage fines..

Basically, notoriety should decrease over time, not on ship destruction.

I'd be OK with Notoriety decreasing over time, rather than all at once. I will be making such recommendations during beta. Basically every x days of not committing murder might cause notoriety to drop by 1 point, say.

I would still prefer Super Power specific Notoriety, so you can, for example, play a Federal Operative, deep in Imperial Space.....knowing you can safely skip back to Fed Space without any issues.

• Ships that are destroyed unrelated to crime will respawn at the nearest and safest Starport in the system if possible, reverting to the last port docked if not.

Why we are making these changes:
  • The concept of respawning at ports within a system is less punishing and more contextually sound.

I love this, it makes so much more sense. Closest startport within 10-20 ly or back to last docked starport would be even better.

Last edited:
How do you intend the new handling of bounties to interact with the massacre and skimmer missions you find from a friendly minor faction? This is related to the question about notoriety increasing with all murder events, or just Commanders?

If my faction wants me to go to the next system over and destroy 12 skimmers, is that 12 bounties that contribute to my ship being hot? If it is, how hot is it? Does it count only for the system where the skimmers were destroyed, or nearby systems? If there are missions that will end up damaging my ability to interact with my chosen faction, why would I do them? That would harm the ability for us to influence the .. uh .. influence of player factions.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your feedback and questions so far both here on the forums and on last night's stream. We're currently compiling the questions and we'll try to answer as many as we can soon.

When the questions and answers are live, I'll pop them here and update this thread.

Thanks Will, type faster. :)

Four questions/points?

1) Stations Facilities Unavailable : Black Market still available for Illegal Goods?
If you have a fine/bounty, so have no station facilities, can you still access the Black Market (should there be one) to sell any illegal cargo you have?

EDIT: Seems the Black Market does remain available. Good!

2) Stations Facilities Unavailable : Black Market available for Legal Goods?
If you cannot access the Commodity Market (as you have a fine/bounty), can I suggest that you can then sell legal cargo (not stolen/not-illegal) on the Black Market (should there be one). See here for specific suggestion - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...cilities-sell-LEGAL-cargo-on-the-Black-Market

3) Huge Bounties and clearing notoriety
What's to stops groups of murder-hobos simply getting huge bounties and Notoriety values, only then to take it in turns destroying each other to obviously not only reset their Notoriety, while also claiming nice big inflated bounties?

Or are the claimable bounties (for destroying a CMDR who's wanted) not the same as what's being applied to their rebuy?

4) Notoriety reduction over time
Would it be worth considering reducing notoriety over time. eg: By one a month?

Last edited:
I love this, it makes so much more sense. Closest startport within 10-20 ly or back to last docked starport would be even better.

A choice would be better!

You've picked up 500t of cargo to take to a CG. You arrive after 5 jumps at the CG system and get blown up by an NPC. Currently, you respawn back at the original station where you can buy cargo and set off again!

Now? You appear in the CG station, with no cargo, and have fly all the way back to the other station to get cargo. Even more of a (needless) penalty for being blown up?

I'm really looking forward to wing missions. Will there be combat wing missions coming? In particular, I'd like to see some planetary base assault type missions so we can finally take on these high security installations!

Good point NielF, I'd not considered that. A choice between destination and departure station would be good.

Last edited:
I see that Power play is going to have it's own C&P system. Anymore details on how that will work? Can I take out an opposing powers ship in any system?

Also, any thoughts about making Power play Open only? Personally, I think that would be a big improvement.

Top Bottom