News Content Recap - Beyond Chapter One Livestream (16.01.2018) - Part 1 Recap

Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your feedback and questions so far both here on the forums and on last night's stream. We're currently compiling the questions and we'll try to answer as many as we can soon.

When the questions and answers are live, I'll pop them here and update this thread.

That's good to know. As I said with mine, I have to work during the next two streams so hoping to get an answer on mine. I got to see a Cutter up close last night and I want one but the Rank Grind (even with what I know now) is rather daunting as a player only a month old or so.

Take that Griefers!

Let's not speak too soon.

If the notoriety mechanic is side stepped by murder-hobos simply destroying each other regularly (to clear notoriety and claim each other's bounties)? And then doing 1-2hr stints of 100mCR per hour gameplay to pay for it all?

Hello, thanks for the summary Will, i have one question.

Crime & Punishment system is benefitical only for punishment, but what about benefits for crimes? For example Anarchy systems should be most valuable systems with trade goods and mining resources in compared with safety systems, but trading and minings in these systems is pretty risky and so on..

Is FD going to balance these values between crimes & punishment?

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to wing missions. Will there be combat wing missions coming? In particular, I'd like to see some planetary base assault type missions so we can finally take on these high security installations!

I don't think there's any more involved gameplay unfortunately :(

Watched the stream last night, some interesting developments. Not really sure of the relevance of 'a proportion of rebuy' is though to bounties, other than a lip service to victims of crime. Let's assume someone embarking on a life of crime knows how to make money (a fairly safe assumption I think) and can make 100 million credits per hour.

Let's say their rebuy is 20 ml and their victim's rebuy is 10 ml. The proportion of this added to the bounty is 25% and a bounty on a player murder is half a ml. We have a total bounty of 8 ml (I used a spreadsheet!). Don't forget that it was stated several times that they do no want to eliminate crime, just make consequences. So even upping these numbers to 50% and a million per murder only gives you 16ml. You could commit half a dozen murders and it would only take you an hour to pay for this. That doesn't seem much of a consequence to me, given that the notoriety is more apparent for those embarking on a life of crime. The only way this will work to me is if the financial punishment increases exponentially with the number of murders.

Just 1 + 1 + 1 would not be a deterrent. Now if it became 1 x 2 x 3 that would soon become an eye watering prospect for anyone. Crime in itself is not elimated, but repeated crime, in a specific ship, requires much more "commitment".

Unless of course I am completely off the bat here and crime and punishment is not meant to work like that.

The C&P system is becoming too complex for a mere solo/PvE PG player like me. Can I have an off-line mode with the simplified C&P of pre-2.4 please?

The C&P system is becoming too complex for a mere solo/PvE PG player like me. Can I have an off-line mode with the simplified C&P of pre-2.4 please?

Too complex ? In what way ? If anything it's as complex : no more legacy fines or dormant bounties or anything. But consequences to murder. Don't want to have bounties on your head while pirating ? Anarchy systems are your friends. Cause yeah that new system also creates a real reason to hang out in anarchy systems.

Watched the stream last night, some interesting developments. Not really sure of the relevance of 'a proportion of rebuy' is though to bounties, other than a lip service to victims of crime. Let's assume someone embarking on a life of crime knows how to make money (a fairly safe assumption I think) and can make 100 million credits per hour.

Let's say their rebuy is 20 ml and their victim's rebuy is 10 ml. The proportion of this added to the bounty is 25% and a bounty on a player murder is half a ml. We have a total bounty of 8 ml (I used a spreadsheet!). Don't forget that it was stated several times that they do no want to eliminate crime, just make consequences. So even upping these numbers to 50% and a million per murder only gives you 16ml. You could commit half a dozen murders and it would only take you an hour to pay for this. That doesn't seem much of a consequence to me, given that the notoriety is more apparent for those embarking on a life of crime. The only way this will work to me is if the financial punishment increases exponentially with the number of murders.

Just 1 + 1 + 1 would not be a deterrent. Now if it became 1 x 2 x 3 that would soon become an eye watering prospect for anyone. Crime in itself is not elimated, but repeated crime, in a specific ship, requires much more "commitment".

Unless of course I am completely off the bat here and crime and punishment is not meant to work like that.

I'd be interested to see some examples on paper.

I'd also be interested to see if someone goes out and destroys a couple of dozen other CMDRs, how does this affect their Bounty and their rebuy (when they get destroyed).

Clearly their rebuy must shoot up, but if their bounty does too, then isn't the risk that groups of murder-hobos will simply regularly (at lower Notoriety levels?) shoot each other to clear each others Notoriety and claim each others bounties?

Last edited:
I am thinking: switch to a clean Sidewinder after a long day of ganking noobs, and get your mates to blow you up until your notoriety is gone?

I really hope you have all day, as .. yea, the crime, bounty and notoriety stay with the ship(i think?).

Basically that ship is now "a bad apple" and you nice shiney Asp will be "hey, he is ok!"...
I know it sound a bit mental, but this is FD's idea!

Four questions/points?

1) Stations Facilities Unavailable : Black Market still available for Illegal Goods?
If you have a fine/bounty, so have no station facilities, can you still access the Black Market (should there be one) to sell any illegal cargo you have?

2) Stations Facilities Unavailable : Black Market available for Legal Goods?
If you cannot access the Commodity Market (as you have a fine/bounty), can I suggest that you can then sell legal cargo (not stolen/not-illegal) on the Black Market (should there be one). See here for specific suggestion - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...cilities-sell-LEGAL-cargo-on-the-Black-Market

3) Huge Bounties and clearing notoriety
What's to stops groups of murder-hobos simply getting huge bounties and Notoriety values, only then to take it in turns destroying each other to obviously not only reset their Notoriety, while also claiming nice big inflated bounties?

Or are the claimable bounties (for destroying a CMDR who's wanted) not the same as what's being applied to their rebuy?

4) Notoriety reduction over time
Would it be worth considering reducing notoriety over time. eg: By one a month?

Is anyone able to knowledgeably comment on (1)? ie: If you have a fine/bounty and lose station facilities does this include access to the Black Market (if there's one)? If the answer is yes, that seems a very poor choice!

Anyone know for sure from some previous FD spiel?

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see some examples on paper.

I'd also be interested to see if some goes out and destroys a couple of dozen other CMDRs, how does this affect their Bounty and their rebuy (when they gety destroyed).

Clearly their rebuy must shoot up, but if their bounty does too, then isn't the risk that groups of murder-hobos will simply regularly (at lower Notoriety levels?) simply shoot each other to clear each others Notoriety and claim each other bounties?

As you need to pay off the bounty too at the detention centre, it wouldn't be that cost effective though. So you would just be taking credits off yourself and giving them to someone else, then doing the same for them. You all end up with net loss as you need to take into account the part of the ships rebuy that you destroyed.

I am thinking: switch to a clean Sidewinder after a long day of ganking noobs, and get your mates to blow you up until your notoriety is gone?

You'll still have to pay that ever-increasing rebuy percentage, and you still get hit for the rebuy of the most expensive ship you used in the murder spree. And you get sent to a detention center when you blow up, so you can't get out of paying any of it. They closed the suicideWinder exploit in 2.4

Good luck.

Last edited:
You'll still have to pay that ever-increasing rebuy percentage, and you still get hit for the rebuy of the most expensive ship you used in the murder spree. And you get sent to a detention center when you blow up, so you can't get out of paying any of it. They closed the suicideWinder exploit in 2.4

Good luck.

Not quite.. You only incur a portion of the rebuys with each kill which then ramps up the higher your notoriety. Since notoriety is linked to the pilot, not the ship AND is wiped when the commander is blown up it's reasonable to think there is a point where you can kill other players, change to a sidewinder, get blown up and it still cost you relatively little.

so basically the bypass to notoriety is when you go back to the station to re-arm/repair pay the small fines, switch to sidewinder and get a colleague to blow you up to reset your notoriety and then go back to incurring small percentage fines again..

Rinse and repeat

The Top 5 bounty boards are an important tool for BGS and powerplay. Will we still be able to see the names of players on the bounty boards even though their crimes are logged on their ships? Also, if you're committing powerplay crimes and you're getting powerplay bounties placed on you rather than the local jurisdiction's bounties, is there a way powerplay commanders will be able to see the names of the players with the most bounties in systems of interest? If a key system of your power is being undermined by enemy commanders, you would want to know whether you're being undermined and by whom.

As a Bounty Hunter by trade I would like to see this expanded. We need a way to track high value targets over multiple systems. I don't want it to be some kind of hunt the ganker thing but just a way to tag a certain Cmdr and get info on them from other systems to eventually find them. (Both Player and non-player Cmdrs)

I can see it bringing a lot more skill to the game as it will be more economical to gank in a stock, cheap ship than a modded death machine (for those who simply must gank.) Which is a desirable outcome!

Maybe, maybe not. Some players who just have to murder other players n their "GOD" ship my just keep on doing it. We shall see if these "Special Enforcers (forgot the acronym)" will be any kind of deterrent to them.

Some minor, but nevertheless important points about the ATR.

- I like the designation ATR. Sandro mentioned some fancy names per faction for the ATR, but I think ATR (Advanced Tactical Response) as such is a very strong name. Don't change it. Just call them Imperial, Federal, Alliance, Independent ATR respectively.

- Please make the ATR ships look special. Give them cool imposing, unique paint jobs. Jetblack with a few blood red stripes for example. Or when imperial: white with blood red stripes. Or when alliance perhaps dark blue with red stripes. Or grey with red stripes for independent. And let them have a unique ATR decal.

- You might also add some special ATR stations. They could be unique outpost sized fortresses, heavily armed. Make ATR a thing. Really integrate them into the ED universe. Do not just let them be some kind of out of the blue Deus Ex Machina.

- Make it possible for those who are not criminally inclined to catch glimpses of an ATR patrol near stations, or when they enter or exit stations etc. Just for effect, atmosphere... world building.

+Rep! Totally agree.

Not quite.. You only incur a portion of the rebuys with each kill which then ramps up the higher your notoriety. Since notoriety is linked to the pilot, not the ship AND is wiped when the commander is blown up it's reasonable to think there is a point where you can kill other players, change to a sidewinder, get blown up and it still cost you relatively little.
Notoriety is reduced when the bounty is paid off at rebuy (correction facility), not wiped. Again if you change to a sidewinder which is clean, you will not have a bounty on you, then all that happens is your ship gets destroyed and you are at the rebuy screen. You cannot pay off your bounty at the correction facility as you are not in your hot ship and you will not spawn at the there.

so basically the bypass to notoriety is when you go back to the station to re-arm/repair pay the small fines, switch to sidewinder and get a colleague to blow you up to reset your notoriety and then go back to incurring small percentage fines again..
No as fines will not add to your notoriety. Bounties can be paid off at intersteller factors but at a signifiicantly inflated price. I am not sure if your not notoriety goes down as you are not bought to justice.

Switching to a sidewinder will do nothing for you apart from cost you a little in rebuy. It will do nothing to the bounty that is on your ship.

Top Bottom