News Content Recap - Beyond Chapter One Livestream (16.01.2018) - Part 1 Recap

the thing with the wing missions:

how does that work - one takes the mission and shares it.
1. he is the only one with the power to prematurely end the mission
- > he can screw up his whole wing missclicking that button
2. there is no way for the other wingmates to still deliver the cargo before they get fined? i would expect that they get a grace peroid and still get a fraction of the mission reward
3. there was no mention on how multicrew will play into this...

Can someone explain why is that? ... Isn't the point of KWS to 'reveal' ALL sins of particular NPC or CMDR across all jurisdictions in the bubble and potentially get a huge variable list of bounties when criminal is destroyed?

I don't get that either.
It worries me.
If the KWS no longer reveals the sum total of all bounties on a target then the device will become much less attractive to use.
I personally would seriously consider not using it at all anymore.

I don't get that either.
It worries me.
If the KWS no longer reveals the sum total of all bounties on a target then the device will become much less attractive to use.
I personally would seriously consider not using it at all anymore.

thats a strange rule and should be explained. its probably from the focused feedback...
or maybe something to prevent a comeback of the gold-farmer system that was the reason for major faction bounties beeing removed.

Thank you for the livestream - I like the sound of all the changes you spoke of. The Wing Missions and choice of rewards are excellent advances - is the plan for all missions to eventually operate via the "wing mission" interface? There doesn't really seem to be any need to differentiate between "single player" and "wing" missions in the long run.

It would be nice if each wing member could independently choose when they terminate the mission. That way if you are part-way through, and somebody needs to leave due to some real-life commitment, that person can choose to terminate the mission at that point, accepting a partial reward and dropping out of the wing mission. Other wing members can continue to fulfil the mission contract and end up with higher rewards. That would also avoid the issue of the mission owner terminating the mission and leaving you with stolen cargo aboard.

Also, it would be nice if missions with a deadline did not just terminate when that deadline passes - you should still be able to deliver your cargo after the deadline, rather than it becoming stolen. Instead, the mission reward could just become locked at whatever partial level was achieved at the point the deadline was reached, or (even more interestingly) the mission payout total could gradually decline the further past the deadline you go - leading to an interesting tradeoff calculation for players: iterminate the mission sooner, or try to deliver more?

Very excited for the beta - I might actually try to be a pirate for once!

Can someone explain why is that? ... Isn't the point of KWS to 'reveal' ALL sins of particular NPC or CMDR across all jurisdictions in the bubble and potentially get a huge variable list of bounties when criminal is destroyed?
I too would like clarification on this.

Generally it looks like the changes are a real positive for the game overall.

I can predict a lot of "people" getting their noses out of joint over this because, ultimately, it won't allow free rein to troll other people in open; and that is a good thing.

Where do I sign up for the beta?

.. and being a good thing, will hopefully allow Commanders to return to Open with a reasonable amount of confidence.

That does not even work. I was not speeding (in maia) at Ob Orbital and he just rams me flies off and rams me again and then starts shooting me. of course im in my Super hulled Type-10 so it got me down to 30% before I landed but the station did not do anything until after he took me down to 30%. If i was a smaller ship i would of been dead

MAIA is Anarchy.... sigh...[rolleyes]

Generally it looks like the changes are a real positive for the game overall.

I can predict a lot of "people" getting their noses out of joint over this because, ultimately, it won't allow free rein to troll other people in open; and that is a good thing.

Where do I sign up for the beta?
Don't be so sure. This C&P will increase the salt and combat logging.

• We feel its fairer that the perpetrator should shoulder some of the victim’s debt.
LEc5z.jpg

Now i am responsible for the bad loadout choice of my target who runs a defenseless loadout. What about increasing the rebuy for the victim who is not using shield and shield boosters ?

Last edited:
Congratulations, it looks like the responses to crime and application of punishment has been very carefully thought through and balanced. The detail will shakedown in Beta and beyond, I'm sure, but it's a very big step in the right direction, maybe the most defining step in the entire history of the game.

I like the concept of the ATR. I had something in mind like this that was similar to the US Marshall in the Wild West, and it looks like Sandro is thinking along these lines too. Good one.

@PeLucheuh

It is not a crime to kill people in anarchies. They could consider scaling it though to make risk and reward worthwhile in other states. System state should matter to you and your victim.

Last edited:
Now i am responsible for the bad loadout choice of my target who runs a defenseless loadout. What about increasing the rebuy for the victim who is not using shield and shield boosters ?

Funny way to look at it! No, you're not responsible for their load-out. You're responsible for destroying them. They're likely an easy/soft target regardless of shields or load-out. Make sense now?

the thing with the wing missions:

how does that work - one takes the mission and shares it.
1. he is the only one with the power to prematurely end the mission
- > he can screw up his whole wing missclicking that button
This was partially address on the stream, basically do wing missions with people you trust not to screw up or screw you over.

Keep in mind this is Elite: Dangerous and not Elite:Cuddles and Unicorns...... :D

Thank you for the stream, it was pretty informative and as specific as one could expect for a #hotbuild.

Consistent accountability, of any sort has been sorely lacking and aside from the questionable monetary returns to date has kept me from engaging in piracy; one of my favorite side jobs in privateer oh so many moons ago.

The State of a system will finally mean something. However, in a High Security System, perhaps in any system, should you not also be able to snitch / call the Police?

I agree that combat logging is cheating, I don't approve but I can also see the other shoe. Some Gang on Gankers, who may under the new rules care about getting the fines, slightly, also won't really help you if you are the one getting ganked. Sure, there will be a level of Rule of Law added (not necessarily to be labeled justice), how about a Mayday or Distress or Police come Hither I am being Molested(in a way I dislike, currently). Something.

I am extremely excited about these changes and hope they are not watered down.

Last point and I think it is important. MONEY Balancing was brushed aside as a last thing, but it's a BIG problem. The pay for most things, Sucks.

Not compensurate with Time Effort Or RISK

Parts are expensive, as they should be. Should I risk mining in some tasty untouched system for a reward that barely covers the cost of my limpets? The same goes for most tasks and professions. The multiple reward options is WONDERFUL. Balancing is NOT an afterthought left for last, it is the biggest flaw in the game. Money makes the world go round and the Galaxy, gorgeous and breathtaking and a wondrous achievement, is no different.

I applaud your work, the updates, the refining, the passion.
o7 gentlemen

so, if i got this right, gankers just need to kill each other's wanted ships in order to reap their bounties, compensating for the rebuys/bounties and getting a clean slate for ship and notoriety?

if that's what crossed my mind just by reading the change notes (i finally got over the tedium) ... i'm eager to see what they come up with in beta. this is going to be fun, forum needs new salty breath!

Thank you for the stream, it was pretty informative and as specific as one could expect for a #hotbuild.

Consistent accountability, of any sort has been sorely lacking and aside from the questionable monetary returns to date has kept me from engaging in piracy; one of my favorite side jobs in privateer oh so many moons ago.

The State of a system will finally mean something. However, in a High Security System, perhaps in any system, should you not also be able to snitch / call the Police?

I agree that combat logging is cheating, I don't approve but I can also see the other shoe. Some Gang on Gankers, who may under the new rules care about getting the fines, slightly, also won't really help you if you are the one getting ganked. Sure, there will be a level of Rule of Law added (not necessarily to be labeled justice), how about a Mayday or Distress or Police come Hither I am being Molested(in a way I dislike, currently). Something.

I am extremely excited about these changes and hope they are not watered down.

Last point and I think it is important. MONEY Balancing was brushed aside as a last thing, but it's a BIG problem. The pay for most things, Sucks.

Not compensurate with Time Effort Or RISK

Parts are expensive, as they should be. Should I risk mining in some tasty untouched system for a reward that barely covers the cost of my limpets? The same goes for most tasks and professions. The multiple reward options is WONDERFUL. Balancing is NOT an afterthought left for last, it is the biggest flaw in the game. Money makes the world go round and the Galaxy, gorgeous and breathtaking and a wondrous achievement, is no different.

I applaud your work, the updates, the refining, the passion.
o7 gentlemen

Oh c'mon! You can make money doing anything in this game other than pirating. It is, if anything, too easy! There are some get rich quick ones out there but really any trade you can make money at....even mining!!
Now I'm no mining expert but pristine rings can pay pretty good. I was surprised to find that it was one of my highest sources of income even though I don't mine that much and use an ASP to boot!

I have twenty ships in my fleet now! Just saying.

Last edited:
Is it safe to say that there will be no option for the player in question to simply sell said 'hot' ship, and thus avoid paying the penalties?

That was my thought. Also, what about just swapping the modules to a new ship and parking/selling the old one?

So, when in a CG res and a npc flies across my already firing lasers and is destroyed (as happens), I now pay more - much more?
Not arguing against the changes. Just wanted to check.

That's what it appears like, but I think as a once in a while thing, it will be tolerable. The system is really designed to punish repeat offenders.

Just a question regarding wing missions, is it correct that wing members can contribute nothing yet still get the rewards?

It was also mentioned that new commanders could take on elite missions shared to them.

I think both of these could be used just to allow new players to skip through early game content which is unbalancing. To a large extent they're only cheating themselves but I have two suggestions to deal with this:

1. Players that complete less that 20% of a wing mission only get a "partial complete" reward. For example, if you only complete 10%, you only get 50% of the reward.
2. Players can accept shared missions at ranks too high for them too high for them to accept directly, but their rewards are scaled down to the highest rank they could themselves complete.

Both of these changes will still allow players to work together whilst preventing wing missions from being used as a blatant exploit to boost players with no effort. Note that even with these changes you only have to do 1/5th of the mission to get the full reward so in ordinary wings of 4 they'll all get the full reward as long as they contribute roughly equally. However if you think 1/5th is too high you could lower it but I think 1/5th is appropriate.

Last edited:
Will the Mission Depot allow for the embarkation/disembarkation of passengers as well as Cargo?

As step closer to Passenger CGs , and give the Attacked Station Refugee missions a way to move mass numbers filling ships, as opposed to trying to book in different sized groups?

Top Bottom